Hatred of seasonal events

I absolutely love the seasonal bonus races. Have gold on all of them and will gold every single one they release in the future.

I like the seasonal events, but what I don't like is when you buy the required car which is say 7dhp under the limit allowed, you change it's oil and it takes you over the limit. To save that annoyance why not just make the limit equal to the required car + an oil change?

It won't change the event but it will stop me having to either buy another stock car, or run the one I changed the oil in until it's dirty again to get the hp down.

I think they are a great challenge. I rarely get a gold and probably never will but it gives me a chance to explore new cars and learn a few things on how to set up a car for better performance.
Certainly in the future I would like to see some different race formats though.

I think they are a great challenge. I rarely get a gold and probably never will but it gives me a chance to explore new cars and learn a few things on how to set up a car for better performance.
Certainly in the future I would like to see some different race formats though.

I agree completely.
Currently I've one gold and a few silver. and havn't tried them all yet.

But I think it is a great idea
Now there is no need for more A-spec events because basicaly these are A-spec events but even better.

No you can't bring a overpowerd Ford GT to a race with midpowered hatchbacks, but isn't that a good thing? in my book it is.

I don't like them, the only one worth doing is the 1,000,000 one.

By the time you get the right model / make of car for each event, tune it, then set it up, then actually win the race - you could be grinding other events and for the same amount of actual time be earning more money, which you could then spend on good cars from the Used Dealership.

Admittingly, if you are at lower A spec levels, then the experience points will be very useful, but I'm not, I've reached level 35 and a few thousand points here and there is a fat lot of use to me when I need 2-3,000,000 experience points to get to the next level.

As for driving different cars, I enjoy collecting rare cars from the used dealership, then testing, tuning and setting them up, so I don't need these mickey mouse events to force me into the ''driving pleasure'' of other cars, I've been doing that since day 1 anyway.

All I did was grab an R32gtr from my garage, threw some tuning bits on it, guessed a setting, grabbed 3rd on my 3rd attempt at a race, took the money and went back to grinding.

I'm earning far more money from grinding and have already completed my collection of ALL Le Mans (group C and LMP) cars.

I wouldn't have been able to do that by taking out so much time doing events like the seasonal ones, for such little reward.

Sorry, but I just think they are not good if you are at the latter stages of A Spec.

I seem to be incapable of doing at all well with a NASCAR on the Nurburgring....everyone says it's easy...I say I suck.

The novelty of the events has worn off a little on me...I would like more variety in types of races.

On the first lot, I golded one, silvered 3, and bronzed another (I can't do the Honda one...which everyone seems to be killing).

I got gold on the mini challenge, silver on Ford Focus and bronze on the Challenger (I think). The RX-7 event is annoying me...I keep stuffing up and restarting over and over again...and Nascar has just been one big ball of fail.

I'm sure I could gold most of them if I tried repeatedly...but losing over and over gets on my nerves lol.

Just wanted to say that I love'em... best part about them though is they always add new ones. So maybe in the near future you'll get some that will be toward your liking!

Although I have gold'ed all the race events, I would like to see something a little bit different in future releases. Yes it can be fun racing from the back to the front, but I'd rather have a standing start 10 lap one make race with zero modifications allowed. That way you have to learn how to drive faster to order to win the race, not spend your money on modding/tuning a car.

Cammo1707 - With that NASCAR event set the front and rear down force to maximum. Change the gearing down two points to slightly lower the top speed. If your still struggling then turn on skid recovery. So long as you have two clean laps you should win this event.

Good luck :)

Im am sick of it! Am I the only one that thinks it sucks?! Honestly, why not more A Spec races? Why lame 'overtaking' ones? In the real driving simulator I would expect new challenges of an A spec nature. Its boring as hell to do. Yes, xp is nice, but its mundane and gets old fast. Now Im here thinking if they release more events it will be more of the same garbage on different tracks and trust me when I say I expect this to turn into a car broshure. PD being paid to 'whore out' certain cars on certain events so we go out and buy it ingame and drive the challenge. Its just..a matter of time..

I think you don't understand the philosophy behind this races.

First level of challenge is to finish them without any usage of assists.

To achieve that - especially for harder ones (F500, Focus ST, RX-7) - you need to combine 3 very important skills:

- car tuning
- in-race behavior
- racing consistency

What this Events gives to players is well crafted challenge made in order to create an environment where all 3 skills combined can produce an ultimate goal - win.

Also, they encourages usage of different types of cars - none of them so far being prize-cars, which is a nice design-choice in order to force players into buying non-first-choice-cars - and filling the garage.

Also, Special Events are basically continuation of one missing part of the game, introduced with GT4 and continued through Events in Prologue - Mission Races.

I understand that some of these Events can be frustrating (RX-7 most noticeably) and that some restrictions can be problematic (such as non-oil for HP-amount and so on), but in the end they're needed and understandable in order to challenge work. Also, they allow the usage of all assists without handicapping the prize fund, which gives more than welcomed boost to anyones A-Spec career/wallet.

Try to think outside of the box and you'll find all these events more satisfying then you realize - they "open" and expand overall GT experience into new perspectives.

... I'd rather have a standing start 10 lap one make race with zero modifications allowed...

I agree 100% 👍

Dealership Events would be nice too, and it would also be nice to have some B-Spec Seasonals in order to give the XP boost to B-Spec career.

I find them pretty underwhelming too. I'm not a big fan of Mission events, though I get them out of the way WHEN I have nothing better to do. GT5 is sorely in need of A-Spec Events and Online Event content, as well as user event creation tools. I know PSN needs more server capacity, but hasn't SONY sold around 7-8 million copies of GT5 by now? Surely that's a lot of cash.

I've been saying that SONY needs to fund the hiring of modelers for PD, but the server network needs to be beefed up too so we can have that marvelous online playground Kaz was gushing about months ago.

Although I have gold'ed all the race events, I would like to see something a little bit different in future releases. Yes it can be fun racing from the back to the front, but I'd rather have a standing start 10 lap one make race with zero modifications allowed. That way you have to learn how to drive faster to order to win the race, not spend your money on modding/tuning a car.

Couldn't agree more.
I was totally hyped the first time I did the events, but for some reason, I don't even want to touch most of the new ones, I didn't like that racing style in Prologue and I don't like it now. Some close racing with equal cars is more my cup of tea.

One thing we can all agree on... they are either the best thing in the game or the worst!

For me, honestly, these are the ONLY things I like about the game other than the S-Level license tests and Special events. What on EARTH were PD thinking, allowing you to enter an FGT in a race against 300hp saloons? The fact that the AI doesn't ramp up in car as you do is sheer laziness, IMO. And, I'm sorry to say, but it seems obvious that most players of the game are doing exactly that to progress as rapidly as possible. Me included! The temptation to do it the first time through, so you can get to drive all the cars is hard to resist..!

But, for long-term enjoyment of the game, having some events come in where you CAN'T over-muscle your way to the podium is a nice change, and indicative of where the game COULD go, if patched for more car equality. One thing I'd REALLY like to see in these Seasonal Events is the same stringent penalties for flagrant contact, so you can't bully your way to the front. These made the License and Special events SO much harder and more challenging. I'd like to see this added as perhaps a second 'tier' in the awards system (more XP and credits) to add yet another degree of challenge.

In the long run, after all the events are done in the main game, these events and online are going to be the ONLY thing left undone after you've had the game for maybe six months or so. Personally, I would like to see online turned into a LOT 'cleaner' racing by the simple means of making much of these new events as hard to pass as the S-License tests. If you LEARN to drive clean, if the game FORCES you to be clean as much as possible, then it's likely, once you get out online, that you are going to be 'clean' there, too. But at the moment, ONLY the License and Special events force that, and as soon as you hit A-Spec, barging your way around becomes allowable. This leads to players doing exactly the same thing online, because that's how they learned to play...

Me, I love the new events. I wish they were HARDER, but in the right way..!

Oh, and I REALLY wish there was some way to detune a car that you have upgraded. It's INSANE that, if you screw up modding the car for the event (or you already have the car, but you've boosted it too much or reduced it's weight too much) you have to buy a whole new car and start from scratch. IRL, you can take parts OFF of a car and replace them with the stock parts (you probably kept them). You can add weight back on to the car that you took out. You can replace the plastic windshield with the old glass one (unless you sold it - Hmmmm.... why don't I get any credits for the parts replaced in the game? Means I ought to still have the original lying around somewhere, shouldn't I?!), you can put back in the seats and padding you took out.

THIS is probably my main gripe about the Seasonal Events (and online, for that matter... got a GT-R 1hp too much for a Lobby, too f'ing bad! Can't detune it to join, can you?). 1hp too much, 1 lb overweight, got to buy a whole new car JUST for one event.

That's crazy...

I like the bonus events but would like to see it switched up some. I'd love to see some races where all the cars are even with no mods. Bring back the dealer races. Those were some of the best races in my honest opinion. I love close battle races and with the current setup within in the game i can not hold myself back from over powering the grid haha.

I enjoy the seasonal events but I had to buy cars for most of them so the money I gained was mostly nil. They gave me good exp points and I was satisfying to put together a good race but I agree with some of the other posters they need some variety.

THIS is probably my main gripe about the Seasonal Events (and online, for that matter... got a GT-R 1hp too much for a Lobby, too f'ing bad! Can't detune it to join, can you?). 1hp too much, 1 lb overweight, got to buy a whole new car JUST for one event.

That's crazy...

They shed out prize money by the bucket for these events, so I think spending a few cr. for a new stock car should be affordable.

You'll a least earn the car and some cash for tuning even if you run in the stock setup for the first go.

The events can be frustrating at times & gratifying at other times. I have golded most events, with a few silver that need to be re-attempted, but would like to see PD mix future events with traditional races with HP,weight & modification restrictions.

The only one I haven't got gold on so far is the bloody Ford Focus one :mad:

I love these events - they make you actually drive consistently and competitively and learn how to tune. You have to win on the track instead of with your wallet.

I've got to say that these types of races are exactly what was called for. These weight and bhp specific races should have been packed into the a-spec. The time trails are a good addiition too

I enojoyed them very much. I loved the Nascar on the ring 1 million easy credits in 13 minutes what's not to like? Well actually it is $500,000 easy credits since you need to buy the car first but still $500k in 13 minutes + 100k exp is great and the race was cool.

Races like this are much better than the average A-Spec races where you can take an X1 up against a Fiat 500.

To bad these are all one time only events though. Would be nice to have some events like this that we could repeat and earn additional credits/xp of course not as much as there is on the one time events but if they had a decent repeatable payday I would be doing them over and over again.

They are good in principal, but as HBR-Roadhog says, you can only do them once. After that it's back to boring a-spec mode 👎

The one thing I like about these is that as long as you place 2nd (which is pretty easy), you're guaranteed to cover the cost of buying the car (with mods) for the event and still come out on top with a lot of extra credits and a boatload of XP.

Sometimes I get a little frustrated since the other cars you're racing against are secondary to the fact that it's more of a time trial than an actual race.

They could have at least tossed Mechanical damage into it?

I'd take the current Seasonal Events over NO new events. But i'd take mechanical damage and actually racing an opponent over a can you do this circuit perfectly whilst avoiding an opponent who is devoid of any noteworthy racing skills?

Basically give me Online with more credits and proper events and you dont even need these seasonal events.

I started the 2nd wave of these the other day on my 2nd account. I had $136k when I started. I gifted the Mini over from my other account to get started, ran the Mini, then the Focus and used the money to build the Mustang, ran it then bought the Nascar and ran that one.

When I was done I had 3 new cars in the garage and my 136k was just over 1mil. Still need to do the RX 7 but I will gift that one over on another day to save a bit of cash.

The Focus and the RX7 races were the hardest for me. I was able to get 2nd without much trouble but 1st was a bit beyond me at the time. So on the main account I settled for 3 gold and 2 silver and so far on the second I have 3 gold and 1 silver with the RX7 yet to go which will likely be silver as well.

I absolutley hate them, but, I can't wait for more. I know it does not make sense in my mind either. Masochism perhaps? :ouch:

Not really a fan. I don't drift, so I can ignore those. I'll never record a top time, so I can ignore the Time Trials, I'm not in the Academy, so I can ignore that too.

That leaves the driving missions that are just frustrating. One mistake and you have to hit restart. I have very limited time to play GT5 and I am not going to spend it totally frustrated, so I just turn skid recovery on, gold them and get back to having fun online after spending the money.

I had the same hatred until last night. I consider myself slightly above average on gt. Been with them since GT1. On the first release of the Seasonal Events I finally golded all but the Special Route 5. I can't get any closer than 3 seconds for the win. The other events took some time but I got it. The fiat was the toughest I golded but draft others when you can and stick the curves. I won by 1 second.

Now the second set of Seasonals are quite difficult. I am not sure how you guys manage the NASCAR one but its the worst. I use the same formula for tuning I used in the first Seasonal that got me golds. I will keep at it for another day or two before I call it quits.

However I think future Seasonal event would be okay but it would be the same as mentioned. I say give us the missing tracks, add events, extend the Championships to 10 races like in GT4, give us the save for Endurance/Championship, make premiums out of the most desired cars and we are golden. That will satisfy 80-90% of the people on this board.

I quite like the new seasonal events. Good XP, GREAT credit rewards, and a good challenge to keep me busy. Not to mention I've discovered some pretty cool cars that I probably would have never thought about buying otherwise.

Take the Fiat 500 for example. I had no need for a tiny, low power car. But after buying it to compete in the event and then having to upgrade it's suspension and transmission, I fell in love with it. Fine tuning all the parameters was fun, and I evern learned quite a bit about how certain tune settings affect the performance. Once I lowered the car, painted it, and put on some awesome BBS rims, it's a tiny little monster on the track!

Long story short, give the events a chance. Try tuning your car, adjusting settings. These events are all about driver skill and precision.

Good post. I learned this myself. Take the time to tune. If needed, leave Seasonal go to the practice tracks and fine tune there. Then return to Seasonal and kick a$$. It worked for me because I sucked big time at first so I hated them.

Now there is no need for more A-spec events because basicaly these are A-spec events but even better.

I hugely disagree here. A-spec is hurting and this is the make up for it until they give us more a-spec content.

Last edited:
The Nascar one for me was not nearly as hard as the RX7 or the Focus. I ran these on both accounts. First time out in the Nascar I took first place as I started the final straight on lap 2. On the 2nd attempt 1st on the other account I was doing well but got in the grass and spun out on lap 2 still managed to recover and take the lead before the half way point of the 2nd lap and won by over 19 seconds.

Of course the ring is my favorite track and I have driven it a lot. I also tuned the car before hand adding downforce, dropping the gear and some minor suspension adjustments. For me this was the easiest one of all :)

As for adding things. The things above would be nice but in my book there are a couple of things that need to be added first.

1: Ability to save our tunes.
2: Leaderboard system for tuned cars.

Latest Posts

Back