Have a lot of you moved on now to a better sim?

  • Thread starter Thread starter poe64
  • 153 comments
  • 13,196 views
Messages
313
Seems like a lot are moving over to PC based sims.
PCars looks and drives really good now and new tracks are coming all the time.

I can't seem to spend more than a few mins with GT5 anymore. Seems stagnant.
I like to try out any cars I read about in mags with GT5 but what a waste of a great sim.

Lack of real tracks is the main problem. :)
 
The one's who could say yes have gone a long time ago.
 
I hope so, leaves only the GT fanboys and we can all wax lyrical about how much we love the game.
 
Actually... I came from PC sims, and while I haven't left them (e.g. I'm a pCARS member, still got iRacing installed on my PC although no active sub) I find myself spending far more time in GT5 and Forza 4 than on the PC.

It all depends what you want. For optimal online racing the PC is better (iRacing, simraceway, rFactor, etc...). For offline play and generally enjoying the cars, there's no better place than the consoles. I happen to be enjoying the latter more right now.
 
Not yet...But when PCARS comes out next year (2013) i will be.
 
I've been playing GT5 since release day, maybe a total of 50 days have gone by where I didn't boot the game up. I own every single car in the game.

And I am not bored yet. My backlog of games just keeps getting bigger. I can't stop drifting and modifying.

This is what happens when your dad buys you Gran Turismo 1 when you're 14 years old. 1997-1999 were amazing years. Metal Gear, FF7, FF8, Star Ocean 2, Lunar, Xenogears, GT1 and 2...etc...

Sorry for getting a bit nostalgic.
 
My PC's barely powerful enough to play solitaire, so I don't do much gaming on it :sly:

I played GT5 for a couple months when it first came out, then traded it in, but picked up GT5 XL last week and I'm totally addicted to it at the moment. They've made a tremendous amount of improvements since launch, most notably the AI.

I agree about the lack of real-life tracks, but I've got Shift 2 Unleashed for that (I love that game with a passion). I just enjoy GT5 for what it is and accept it for all its weird idiosyncrasies.
 
Yes, I've moved on to iRacing.

GT for me is now a game to be played with a controller whilst sat on the sofa - my G25 stays plugged into my PC.
 
Lack of real tracks is the main problem. :)

agree, that's why I've made lots of new tracks with editor; I know it's a not so powerful tool, but I've recreate those tipical county road where I love to drive daily. Give it a try.

shot taken from my last work

14o9m5g.jpg
 
i've been playing gt5 since release day, maybe a total of 50 days have gone by where i didn't boot the game up. I own every single car in the game.

And i am not bored yet. My backlog of games just keeps getting bigger. I can't stop drifting and modifying.

This is what happens when your dad buys you gran turismo 1 when you're 14 years old. 1997-1999 were amazing years. Metal gear, ff7, ff8, star ocean 2, lunar, xenogears, gt1 and 2...etc...

Sorry for getting a bit nostalgic.

+1
 
Not yet...But when PCARS comes out next year (2013) i will be.
* looks at usernam..... reads reply again.....looks at username again...:confused:







:sly:
 
I have been playing Gran Turismo since 1999 when i got GT1,2 in the same year. I have to say that I still haven't played any PC racing sims because i haven't had a good enough computer as i can't afford it. Gran Turismo has always had a Huge amount of cars for me to keep finding playability in the game. I still haven't tried every car of every game even to this day.
 
I am not much into PC Sims, I am waiting for Project Cars on PS3 next year though. But overall I still play GT5 very very much but also Forza 4 I think owning more than one sim can keep you entertained, because both got their unique style which is enjoyable :D
 
PC or PC Gaming is fun but its dying, unfortunately.
With the ammount of "my cpu is not fast enough" comments, its quite obvious.
You dont get that ammount of diversity on PC these days compared to what GT5 offers.
Sure the physics are still odd in GT5 but i've seen worst.
I agree that we need a serious track pack tho.
 
No, I have stuck to what is the best of those availableto me(don't have a gaming PC) IMO, and that is GT5. I owned Forza 4 and while it was really good the fact that my wheel isn't compatible eventually turned me off from it. Shift 2 was full of amazing ideas, cars, and tracks but again since my wheel didn't work with it;) I eventually put it away. Project Cars looks amazing and I will definitely be getting it but I don't think it will take me away from GT completely. First because no matter what some people say it is a really good game. Driving is just sublime in GT5. Second is the people, I have met and race with some really awesome people(3D3 racing) and that is worth as much or more than the quality of the game.
 
What I just really wish PD would give us more room to customize our game, like changing the field of view. or placing the camera spots different. Such kind of things would make it for me at least much more enjoyable.
 
I have GTR2 on my PC but I still play GT5 most of the time. GT5 has wide variety of cars to choose from. Station wagons, small cars like Fiat, non sporty versions of some sports cars... you name it. Its such a hassle downloading cars like that for the PC since you have to pay for some websites you download them from. GT5 could use more real tracks though.
 
I am interested in finding out more about Pcars especially how it will all work on the ps3. But info is very limited on their site, and I refuse to pay $$ to participate in their forum. So I guess I will have to wait til it comes out to see what it is all about.

And as far as GT goes, it will always have a spot in my arsenal. I just wish we could have community built (and approved) add ons like a pc game (cars, motorcycles, tracks, helmets and so on).
 
On PC it looks extremely stunning already. The graphics are wow, you have advanced motion blur and proper sound. On physics I can't comment since I haven't played it. Watch this Video. Well on PS3 you can't expect this graphics but it gives you an idea on how it going to be :)

 
I only come here to see if they have fixed the game yet.

I find S2U not only more fun but also more challenging and consequently more rewarding. GT5 feels too safe and dare I say it dull & unfocused and that's coming from someone who has played GT since GT1 :indiff:

<flame proof suit on>
 
I only come here to see if they have fixed the game yet.

I find S2U not only more fun but also more challenging and consequently more rewarding. GT5 feels too safe and dare I say it dull & unfocused and that's coming from someone who has played GT since GT1 :indiff:

<flame proof suit on>

don't worry I am with you :nervous:
 
On PC it looks extremely stunning already. The graphics are wow, you have advanced motion blur and proper sound. On physics I can't comment since I haven't played it. Watch this Video. Well on PS3 you can't expect this graphics but it gives you an idea on how it going to be :)
I wonder how damage and mechanical failure will be?
 
I wonder how damage and mechanical failure will be?

Well it's the same guys who made S2U (but without EA's crappy input) so damage should be pretty good.
 
mr_serious
Well it's the same guys who made S2U (but without EA's crappy input) so damage should be pretty good.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is S2U? The last pc racing game I played was GTR. I was og with SCGT though.
 
Forgive my ignorance, but what is S2U? The last pc racing game I played was GTR. I was og with SCGT though.

It is Shift 2 unleashed - not too popular in this section of the forum so I am risking worse than death by suggesting it is any good. (but apart from the bugs it is very good, just relatively difficult compared to GT) It is available on PC, PS3 & Xbox - I have it on PS3.
 
Back