Have you been to any GT5 track in real life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xX_F Alonso_Xx
  • 127 comments
  • 9,619 views
I went to SSR11. It was fun.

Actually, it was the freeway in Los Angeles. And it's just as confusing.
 
Only London so far, but I will be going to Monaco soon :)
 
Been of the n'ring in a race car, but not raced :(
Raced on circuit sarthe (one of it's numerous layouts)
Raced on nurberg gb circuit, short and long format
(raced on quite a few other euro circuits not in game, not Spain or Italy unfortunately)

Lived in both london and Switzerland, so been to where these are set too :)

The game representation is good, and I think elevation is represented well...
But lacks the noise (wind) and smell of petrol :)
 
Have driven lots of track days at Laguna Seca in my (real life) Z06. The track and car are represented quite accurately in GT5.

z06laguna1.jpg


z06laguna2.jpg


z06laguna3.jpg


z06laguna4.jpg


z06laguna5.jpg


z06laguna6.jpg


z06laguna7.jpg
 
666 Z06 see if you can replicate those shots in photomode!
 
I live in Indianapolis and have front-row seats for the Indy 500 at the end of turn 1. I've never driven the course, though I've been driven on it (once a year Chevy brings out passenger cars to do laps, instead of the normal tour bus lap you get with a visit to the museum).
 
Been to Indianapolis 500 every even year since 1978(80.82 etc), 2 F1 races, 24hrs at Daytona, Laguna Seca once in the early 90's.
 
Went to Cape Ring the other day. Going around the loop de loop was just as ridiculous in real life as in the game.

did you drive your x1 around on it?
 
Err...not GT5. But I've been to the streets used in Seattle (GT2, GT3, GT4) several times.

I've also been to Grand Valley and several other fictional tracks in GT before, but I was asleep & dreaming when it happened. Does that count? :)

Been to Indianapolis 500 every even year since 1978(80.82 etc),

Um, so is that why you call yourself Indy Racerfan? Ha ha.
 
Have driven lots of track days at Laguna Seca in my (real life) Z06. The track and car are represented quite accurately in GT5.

z06laguna1.jpg


z06laguna2.jpg


z06laguna3.jpg


z06laguna4.jpg


z06laguna5.jpg


z06laguna6.jpg


z06laguna7.jpg

How much is it to allow you to drive on that track?
 
I've been to a super bike race at Laguna Seca (late 90's)

But counting GT4 as well I've been to a Nascar truck race (late 90's) and an IRL race (2005) both at Infineon.
 
Nope. Only tracks I've been to are Summit Point in West Virginia and the temporary Washington, D.C. circuit they set up for the ALMS race.
 
It's not in the game but I drove round Monaco a week before the Formula 1 race in 2003, all the barriers were up etc so it was quite cool. Cote D'azur reminds me of it.
 
Does the London track count? :dopey:
 
As I posted the other day, I have been on Nurburgring a few times.

DSC_0117.jpg






Also been to Hockenhiem, although it isn't in the game.



It was a drag racing day, but you have to drive (race) around the entire track to get off of it.

And yes I beat that skyline by two cars.
 
No GT tracks but I've done a few laps of Silverstone
 
Monaco a few times, Rome twice and London loads of time (but the second two are major cheats). I'd love to drive Laguna Seca and Tokyo R246 though...

BTW thanks Widowmaker00 for the drag video. Takes me back to my days at Santa Pod!.
 
Last edited:
It's not in the game but I drove round Monaco a week before the Formula 1 race in 2003, all the barriers were up etc so it was quite cool. Cote D'azur reminds me of it.

Well that's probably due to the fact that Cote D'Azur IS Monaco !
 
Monaco a few times, Rome twice and London loads of time (but the second two are major cheats). I'd love to drive Laguna Seca and Tokyo R246 though...

BTW thanks Widowmaker00 for the drag video. Takes me back to my days at Santa Pod!.



No problem.

I'd like to lap laguna seca a few times too.
 
Nurburgring, many laps for the last 6 years.
Le mans, been once to 24hr.
Top gear, live a couple miles away, been to not driven.
London...... does that even count???


Think GT5 should employ all the F1 circuits, would be epic in the F1's
 
Not been to any GT5 tracks, only track i have been to is Donington park.
 
Been to Daytona, once for the 2007 July Race in the Sprint Cup Series (what used to be the Pepsi 400) and there again to drive around inside a stock car :)
 
I've been to Grand Valley in Kaz's secret virtual reality room at PD headquarters.
 
I've been to Daytona many times since I live a hour away. I also went to Laguna Seca a few years back. Even though they aren't in the game I've also been to Miller Motorsports Park in Utah and Sebring for the 12 Hours of Sebring a couple years back, which was the best experience I've had a a track.
 
I have been to tons of tracks IRL.
But the only one that's in GT5 is the Daytona Road Course which I went to for Rennsport Reunion III a few years back.
I got to ride in the back seat of my Dads friends Porsche 944 Turbo.
It was awesome, the only rule we obeyed was the no passage rule.
Screw the stay off the bankings and don't go over 60 mph! :)
But then one of the tubes for the turbo popped off and we broke down right at pit lane. :)

I'll be going to Laguna Seca for Rennsport Reunion IV in October.
I'll probably get a couple more laps in the back seat. :) can't wait for the cork screw! :)

As for tracks not in GT5, I've been to Lime Rock countless times, Montreal GP track in Michael Shumachers "final" year as a driver.
I've been to Sebring but have never seen anyone go around it.
I've been to Road Atlanta, probably one of the best 10 hours of my life.
I'm not even going to bother trying to count the kart tracks I've been to and raced on.

There's probably more, but I can't remember them ALL. :)
 
i've been to the nordschleife to visit a VLN race, had acces to the pits and the honda vip paddock, since honda invited me a friend of mine. What an awesome day :)
 
Back