Have you been to any GT5 track in real life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xX_F Alonso_Xx
  • 127 comments
  • 9,619 views
Monza, in the last 2 years I've raced (well sort of :D) there in the "all style" and "german style" days of the Speed Day event with my brother and his vw scirocco.... really an amazing experience, even if my grandma would have been faster than me on a wheelchair :D
 
I've been to Indianapolis Museum and trip round on the bus in the Mid eighties. In the 70's we went to the nurburgring a few times, a couple of times round including, Sudsleife (The GP circuit erased most of that part). And been to watch some races there as well. mostly from up near the carousel area. Would love to drive my car round it, will just have to be careful.
 
Been on Nurburgring f1 and, Nordschleife a few times.. :) If you like racing you have to go there once.

A track im missing i the game is spa, it is a great track.
 
I've been to Laguna Seca on many occasion, all for motorsports. I was at the Monterrey Historics honoring 50 years of Porsche, and was there a few years ago for Porsche and Rennsport meeting. I've had the opportunity to drive a Datsun 510 race car on Laguna Seca, what a blast that was!!!

I've been to Rome, and Tuscany. PD did a good job on Laguna...
 
Laguna Seca is my home track, When I first started racing it only had 9 corners!
I've raced sports cars there in SCCA, CalClub, PCA, POC
motorcycles in AMA
Bicycles at the Sea Otter Classic

So yeah, I'm familier...

Also been to:
Daytona 24hrs (raced)
Indy
Monza
Rome
Monaco
Madrid
London
 
Last edited:
I've been to London, Rome and Monaco
Not in the game: Zandvoort, Zolder
 
ive been to the london street track

took me 15 mins to do one lap on my 125
 
Is the Apple(ipad apple not fruit apple) store just off the london track because if so i've been there.

the apple store (regents street) is 1 mile ish from the track
 
I've been to Monaco only. Unfortunately not during some racing event but i managed to see a big part of the track. Only "big" track i've been to is Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium. I've been there a couple of times and i've seen some really interesting events. Some bike races, FIA GT 24h race (this is was just... ASTONISHING), a Porsche Sportcup event.
 
I went to Laguna Seca for a quick visit a few summers ago. That place is incredible, partly because of the fact that you're on top of a mountain. The climb up was amazing, and looking up at the track from the infield gives you an idea of how crazy this track is. I was there on just a random day so I didn't see any action :(

Oh and I guess you could say I've been to the Rome and London street courses. I've been to the Colosseum in Rome and Piccadilly Circus/Square in London.
 
Ring, Spa, Monza, Suzuka - and I live in New Zealand! (Showing off here!)
 
I have driven on Green hell, Nuburgring GPF, london and caught a taxi on Rome.
 
I drove the Monaco race track in 2005 in a Ford Ka :( we were visiting the week after the grand prix and it was the 1st day the roads opened, it must be an advertised day as there were loads of race fans from all around the world waiting for the moment it opened, they were doing lap after lap :)

The following day the roads were back to the normal layout but it's still fun to drive around
 
Last edited:
Le Mans every year :) Counting down to this years pilgrimage!
 
Been to the green hell a few years ago for 2 weeks. was the best time of my life even with 2 minor offs! lol
 
Deep forest, Trial Mountain and... Autumn Ring... mini 👍
 
I've been to the Nurburgring Nordschleife twice.
First time the lap took forever :)
It was very busy (hot summerday) so I had to drive at the right side of the track all the way.
Second time was wet as hell with a lot of rain.
Hardly any other cars on the track.
In the 1st corner my car started to slide, so for the remainder I drove really careful with the result that that lap took forever too ;)
 
I also went to Switzerland and Eiger Nordwand last year. It is perfectly represented in GT5 although in real life it's just grass lol.

The Background image on Eiger and the "Wengen Station" is real. All else is fake.
Have been at the Ring some time.
 
The Background image on Eiger and the "Wengen Station" is real. All else is fake.
Have been at the Ring some time.

What's funny about that: the other night here one of the TV channels was showing that old movie 'The Eiger Sanction'. I turned onto it, during an ad break in what I was watching.

Seeing it was in the mountains and the name, I had a thought go through my head "Hey, maybe I'll be able to see something from that track in GT5" - SNAP, that very second! An aerial shot ( Helicopter ) flying over the start-line of the GT5 track, the hotel and train-station. Seriously I had been watching it for all of 5 seconds.

Oh and on topic, I've been to:

Monaco - walked fully around the track all of a month after the race so there was plenty of stuff still set up.
Rome - just in the general area shown in the game
London - a few years back, walked all through the streets shown in the game.
 
I've been to:

Circuit De La Sarthe - Driven on it... Well the public roads bit and the porsche curves :)
Nurburgring Full 24 hour circuit - Driven it
Monza
Top Gear Test Track
Monaco GP - Driven it (public road)
London Street Course - Driven it (Public Road) - I'm actually looking at it right now, my office is featured on the game!

Going to the US later in the year and want to drive Indy and Laguna Seca if I get the chance.
 
I've been to Indy a few times for the Brickyard 400 and MotoGP.

Haven't seen a race at Daytona, but went there on a vacation a few years back to check out the track and museum.
 
as far as GT5 tracks go, I've only been to laguna seca, but I've also been to a GT4 track (sear's point/infineon)
 
I've been to Le Mans once... hoping to go again next year maybe
 
Been to Indy lots of times, for Formula 1 and MotoGP.
 
I've been to:

Circuit De La Sarthe - Driven on it... Well the public roads bit and the porsche curves :)
Nurburgring Full 24 hour circuit - Driven it
Monza
Top Gear Test Track
Monaco GP - Driven it (public road)
London Street Course - Driven it (Public Road) - I'm actually looking at it right now, my office is featured on the game!

Going to the US later in the year and want to drive Indy and Laguna Seca if I get the chance.

A Picture NOW ! :D
 
Back