Have you been to any GT5 track in real life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xX_F Alonso_Xx
  • 127 comments
  • 9,619 views
did you drive your x1 around on it?

I wasn't able to but I did drive my race modded 905HP Corvette ZR1 around it.

I forgot to mention that the jump after the loop was a lot higher in real life than in the game.
 
Nope, but I been to Bathurst a few times.
 
Ive been to Indy and laguna seca for MotoGP races. 👍
and driven past infineon. 👎
 
I've also been to Laguna for the MotoGP and will be back again for the ALMS later this year.
 
I've been to Monte Carlo....I mean Côte d'Azur :ouch:

edit: Damn!! I could I forget Rome

<---
 
Last edited:
I've been to Monte Carlo....I mean Côte d'Azur :ouch:

Me too :)

100_3493.jpg


100_3506.jpg


100_3509.jpg


100_3522.jpg


100_3515.jpg
 
I am at the Nürburgring for the 24h Race every year , though i do not last 24 hours there :P (maybe this year, camping with a few friends). Only track ive been to though
 
London and Rome, but that's it.
 
I've been at and on the Nordschleife twice :)
20-25 april I'm there again, 5 days Nordschleife fun:sly:

Nordschleife.jpg
 
Been to Côte d'Azur! Wow that F1 race is awesome!
 
I've been at and on the Nordschleife twice :)
20-25 april I'm there again, 5 days Nordschleife fun:sly:

Nordschleife.jpg

I would be cool to meet another GTP member, I might just have to go up there during that time.

Be on the lookout for a brand new black mustang blowing past you. :sly:
 
Just Indy because I live there.
 
I haven't been to any GT5 track in real life :nervous: But I went to the Autódromo Hermanos Rodriguez (here in México) some years ago :)

Also I'd love to visit the Ring & Montecarlo before I die :D
 
I've been to London of course, also Silverstone, Donnington Park, Oulton Park and Cadwell Park they all should be in GT5
 
Daytona
Indy
Tsukuba
Driven through Tokyo and I'm familiar with R246. Never driving in that city again though.


Tracks not in GT5
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Columbus Motor Speedway
Sendai Highland Raceway
Langley Speedway
Martinsville
Grand Prix of Cleveland

Former Navy so traveled quite a bit. Was stationed in Misawa, Japan for 3 yrs and went to lots of track days.
 
Indy and Daytona.

Daytona I got to race a Formula Dodge on (now Skip Barber Formula Mazda).
 
Indy for F1 about 6 times, and for the 500 about 10 times, the 'Ring for the Formula 2 and 3 championships (and for a few laps around), and raced at Silverstone (slot cars, not the real thing lol). They set up the World Cup track in the press box overlooking the front straight, so we raced while 1:1 racing was taking place below us... Going to the 24 Hours of LeMans in a few months, so we'll add that to the list. Been to several other non-GT5 tracks, but won't go into those here.
 
Le Sarthe, in 2007 for the 24LeMans event.

I drove by Monza if that counts
 
^^ As title suggests.

I've been to the London track as I live quite close to it.
The London course goes by Trafalgar, doesn't it? Was out in London for holiday a few years ago.

I've been *near* Laguna Seca, but I've never had opportunity to go *to* it for an event. C'est la vie.
 
I've been to Rome and have gone roughly through the track, I've also been to the Nurburgring and Le Man. Mondello should be in GT5 cause I've been their.
 
I live about 30 min from Laguna Seca, and I've been there, but for the Sea Otter Classic Mountain Bike races instead of an automotive event. I'd like to se a race there, they have a classic car race event there, I want to see it at some point.
 
The London course goes by Trafalgar, doesn't it? Was out in London for holiday a few years ago.

Yes it does. Very close to a Ferrari store, just on the road to the left of advertising screen.
 
Been at the subway stop, many times, that features at one corner of Tokyo R246. Also in the horseshoes-and-hand-grenades dept, once stayed at a hotel across from Daytona raceway while returning from a FLA vacation spoilt by a blown tranny.

Non GT5, been to Darlington Raceway a few times to work races there. Intend to go to VIR this spring to spectate the Rolex races.
 
Been to Monaco while filming the Tour de France opening 3 years ago. Leaning out of the team car, filming Fabian Cancellara while he did his TT recon going through the tunnel, was a pretty cool moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5JTfM0_Z_Q

Back in the 90's there was an inline skate race at Laguna Seca. Lemme tell ya', the climb up to the top of the Corkscrew is a lot steeper on skates than it is in a Vette. And the descent is pretty darn hairball too. I competed in the X-Games inline downhill event during it's first 3 years, and the Corkscrew was almost as exciting as our X-Games courses in Rhode Island and San Diego. Speeds were around 57mph if I remember correctly (I'm an old athlete, so I'm probably exaggerating but I know that we hit that in S.D.)

Been to lots of other courses, but what I really wanna see is Le Mans. I live close enough, being in Paris, but don't want to go unless I can get privileged access having been spoiled previously as an athlete and now with photographer credentials. [hate me].
Kaffeine
 
Been to Tokyo R 246 without realizing it when I was in Tokyo last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
I was in Monza last year on F1
 
Is the Apple(ipad apple not fruit apple) store just off the london track because if so i've been there.
 
Back