Help me find the Toyota Sprinter Trueno S.S. Version '00

• Thread starter drsid202
  • 148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've driven a 86 corolla.. my friend has one.. wooww.. the car handles so nice.. feels so light and tossable. The weight distribution is nice too. It's a good track car, it's not JUST a drift car.

Eze_Sideways
......... Guys .. the Trueno is a great car .. its got lots of features that can be customized trust me i own one ... I dropped a nice 101 engine in it and everything if u dont know much about the car dont criticize it .. Learn and read about it .. then give feedback.. plus u have to familiarize yourself with the car to push it to its limits. (no further comment)

My response to that is quite simple. As good as the Trueno may be, would the majority of the people that talk about it know it existed if it wasn't for INitial D?

RoxxorJoorSoxxo
Who cares where they know it exists from? There were quite a few cars in GT2 that I had never even heard of until GT2. Your posts in this thread seem to be lacking quite a bit of substance, and only seem to be here to criticise others.

Did anybody try to pass off Initial D as anything more than entertainment? Why does it really concern you with which cars people choose to try and find on THEIR GAME? It will never affect you.

BTW, nice plug on your "contribution" to GTP...must have been tough compiling some well known info together 👎

I'm just trying to figure out why that car gets so much attention. So far, nobody has given me a reason outside of "it was in Initial D" Which, if you actually took the time to read my posts with some though you would have come to the conclusion that I like Initial D and really don't find anything wrong with it.

As far as TankSpanker and myself "compiling some well known info together" Well, if it's so well known, why were the majority of new threads started in this forum questions related to information addressed in or reference?

RoxxorJoorSoxxo
Who cares where they know it exists from? There were quite a few cars in GT2 that I had never even heard of until GT2. Your posts in this thread seem to be lacking quite a bit of substance, and only seem to be here to criticise others.

Did anybody try to pass off Initial D as anything more than entertainment? Why does it really concern you with which cars people choose to try and find on THEIR GAME? It will never affect you.

BTW, nice plug on your "contribution" to GTP...must have been tough compiling some well known info together 👎
What Swift has noted and is noted, is the main reason this car appears to be lusted after is because it showed up in Inital D. People do indeed pass Inital D off as more than entertainment. I've closed and recycled more threads on this topic than I care to remember. How many members on this site name themselves after a car engine?

As for contribution, Swift has given a considerable amount to GTP and perhaps you need to read up a bit on it.

Eze_Sideways
......... Guys .. the Trueno is a great car .. its got lots of features that can be customized trust me i own one ... I dropped a nice 101 engine in it and everything if u dont know much about the car dont criticize it .. Learn and read about it .. then give feedback.. plus u have to familiarize yourself with the car to push it to its limits. (no further comment)
And as is the standard course of action to prove various claims of ownership, I'd like to see you post a picture of it up, along with a hand written sign saying "Eze_Sideways from GTplanet.net" Preferably with the engine hood open.

AO

Slightly off topic here, but the AE86 does have a little more to be lusted after than Initial D, though that is the main reason why people do seem to care about it.

I was in the market for a relatively cheap RWD car with Japanese reliablity and decent gas milage, with some pep.

The RX-7 had to be ruled out from the gas milage...

The Early model 240SX had that SOHC engine in it and was heavy, plus finding a manual proved diffucult.

The older S12 200SX had a relatively weak engine in it, and the Turbo models had issue after 100k miles.

Miatas cost way too damn much.

It eventually came down to the AW11 MR2 and the AE86 Corolla... both powered by the same engine, with similar weights. I eventually got an MR2, mostly because price wasn't crazy on them... that and they are easier to find.

However, I lost some seriously handy things... like a back seat and trunk :P

Most people notice it from Initial D, but it also is a somewhat stand out car when compared to other cars from that period and in that market range...

Azuremen
Slightly off topic here, but the AE86 does have a little more to be lusted after than Initial D, though that is the main reason why people do seem to care about it.

I was in the market for a relatively cheap RWD car with Japanese reliablity and decent gas milage, with some pep.

The RX-7 had to be ruled out from the gas milage...

The Early model 240SX had that SOHC engine in it and was heavy, plus finding a manual proved diffucult.

The older S12 200SX had a relatively weak engine in it, and the Turbo models had issue after 100k miles.

Miatas cost way too damn much.

It eventually came down to the AW11 MR2 and the AE86 Corolla... both powered by the same engine, with similar weights. I eventually got an MR2, mostly because price wasn't crazy on them... that and they are easier to find.

However, I lost some seriously handy things... like a back seat and trunk :P

Most people notice it from Initial D, but it also is a somewhat stand out car when compared to other cars from that period and in that market range...

Thanks Azuremen. That's exaclty the kind of response I as looking for.

IceGT
The car is there for Initial D fans, and it is an awesome drifter, also it redlines at 12,000 rpms. If you don't watch, or read initial d, then I guess you really wouldn't have a interest in this car, unless you just like 86s' in general

let me add to this: "also if you're a real drifter, interests in the 4AG engine, toyota enthusiasts, or just plain own a real AE86!"

I've never watched initial d but I do own a AE86...

i dont understand why people don't just take the initiative and post your "proof pic" with your initial claim. it'd save a lot of space and speculation.

if you can't post controversial claims with concrete evidence, then i'd save them for when you get some.

The fact that people are hunting the net to find days and what not on which car appears when, and waiting on someone to make a list just proves that this is a car collectors game, not a drivers game.

Driftster
The fact that people are hunting the net to find days and what not on which car appears when, and waiting on someone to make a list just proves that this is a car collectors game, not a drivers game.

Yeah, or they could just be looking for a car that they have no chance of owning in real life and would really enjoy getting a chance to drive. 💡 I mean a AE86 with 10k redline? Sounds like fun to me. 👍
Isn't that the point of the game? Drive/race things we'll never race in real life? I mean, I was estatic driving my Merc 190E 2.5-16 Evo II around Nur. Will I ever do it in real life? Doubtful. Very doubtful.
But anyway...

I know the SS AE86 shows up the first time at about 160 or so at the used dealership II (when I bought it) and then seems to me it shows up every third week there after. :rolleyes: I'm estimating of course. Its a good deal, with the different engine and I believe it comes with sport suspension also. Its usually around 25k or so.

I'll check tonight to see if I can get an exact date.

The_NISSAN_Fan
Yeah, or they could just be looking for a car that they have no chance of owning in real life and would really enjoy getting a chance to drive. 💡 I mean a AE86 with 10k redline?

Actually that's not that hard to achieve, so I don't see how that fits into the "no chance of owning"
And yeah it's about driving cars you have no chance of owning. Like the Rx7....Or the Rx7, that's yellow, or the Rx7 that has blue brakes, or the Rx7 with the tassels, or the Rx7 with the 2 inch spoiler instead of the 2 3/4......You see what I'm saying?

Not just that I mean come on...What kind of clown aspires to own a Honda Beat?

Driftster
Actually that's not that hard to achieve, so I don't see how that fits into the "no chance of owning"
And yeah it's about driving cars you have no chance of owning. Like the Rx7....Or the Rx7, that's yellow, or the Rx7 that has blue brakes, or the Rx7 with the tassels, or the Rx7 with the 2 inch spoiler instead of the 2 3/4......You see what I'm saying?

Not just that I mean come on...What kind of clown aspires to own a Honda Beat?

That's not hard to achieve? Well lets see, I could spend months looking for a decent un-screwed around with AE86, spend 2-3 thou for it then spend another couple thou on the engine and install, and another grand on a suspension. Oh and wheels and tires... don't forget that. Or I could pay more on my 40 large in college debt. So actually depending on your situation it is hard to achieve.

And I know it's been said dozens of times on this site, but it's a Japanese game. Made by Japanese designers who live in Japan. It's bound to have a bias to Japanese cars, locals and tracks.

Can you imagine what the game would be like it was made in the states? How many Camaros, Mustangs and Thunderbirds it would have. Or how many different Superspeedways? Gotta have Talledaga(sp) AND Daytona(sp)... :rolleyes:

Thats my two cents. Oh and I don't know why any clown would covet a Honda Beat... :dunce:

The_NISSAN_Fan
That's not hard to achieve? Well lets see, I could spend months looking for a decent un-screwed around with AE86, spend 2-3 thou for it then spend another couple thou on the engine and install, and another grand on a suspension. Oh and wheels and tires... don't forget that. Or I could pay more on my 40 large in college debt. So actually depending on your situation it is hard to achieve.

And I know it's been said dozens of times on this site, but it's a Japanese game. Made by Japanese designers who live in Japan. It's bound to have a bias to Japanese cars, locals and tracks.

Can you imagine what the game would be like it was made in the states? How many Camaros, Mustangs and Thunderbirds it would have. Or how many different Superspeedways? Gotta have Talledaga(sp) AND Daytona(sp)... :rolleyes:

Thats my two cents. Oh and I don't know why any clown would covet a Honda Beat... :dunce:

But there's games that are made in the states, that arn't loaded with camaro's mustangs and thunderbirds. Not just that they arn't filled with telledaga's daytona's Super speedways or anything like that either. And there arn't...50 skylines

Driftster
But there's games that are made in the states, that arn't loaded with camaro's mustangs and thunderbirds. Not just that they arn't filled with telledaga's daytona's Super speedways or anything like that either. And there arn't...50 skylines
They kept all 50 Skylines in the SCEA version because all the ricer kids in America thinks it's "t3h m0Th3rFuxX0riNg r0xX0rZ!!!!11". And right now because of crap like; The Fast and the Furious, Need for Speed Underground, and Hot Import Nights, they pretty much have the dominant voice in the tuning world for America.

No... They have 50 Skylines because it's Japan's most popular car. It's also Japanese.

Therefore they will put it in there. Alot of people complain that there are not enough cars outside of Japan. Well guess what? Where did the game come from?

JAPAN.

Geez... No common sense.

The ss version became apparent to me first in gt3. i thought it was a gt3 car taken for a poorly animated show, not the other way around. all ae86's (in genera)l in my opinion represent far more than some tv show. I think the creators of the show got caught up in it just like everyone else. It's a pure japanese mindset thing. to them, what DOESNT a trueno have? the thing is more balanced than anything else I've ever driven. It stands for more than a pasty white hatchback on a tv show, it symbolizes everything about japan in the 80's. economical, efficient, fun.

put that in your sushi and eat it :dopey:

Well said, tedaconda.

For me, I was looking for cars to compete in the 70s car and 80s car races in the japanese events. I ended up finding a nissan bluebird and a toyota levin, and once I had them tuned up, they became extremely balanced cars that were a delight to drive. In fact, the levin is probably my favorite grip racing car I've found in the game (certainly not the fastest or the best handling or anything -- just the most balanced and fun). When I started drifting, I wanted a car that was light and had good weight transfer. So, of course, I tuned my levin for drifting, and sure enough, it performed well. I also started looking for other fairly light cars to drift with, and that led me to an '83 trueno. I liked the levin slightly more than that trueno, but the SS trueno, once I got it, can be tuned for a bit more power, and it makes an even better drifter.

Everyone's got their own style of drifting, and I like to drift FR cars under 1000 kg with good handling (that is, a car that feels great in grip racing). The car has to make over 200 hp to be able to drift at that weight. There aren't many cars that meet those requirements, but the 80s toyotas do, and that's why I love drifting them. And c'mon, who can resist the SS trueno's panda coloring?

tedaconda and joev. Excellent reasons for liking and wanting to use the Trueno in GT4.

MdnIte
No... They have 50 Skylines because it's Japan's most popular car. It's also Japanese.

Therefore they will put it in there. Alot of people complain that there are not enough cars outside of Japan. Well guess what? Where did the game come from?

JAPAN.

Geez... No common sense.

So because the game is from japan it has to include 50 skylines. That is the most lame logic i've ever heard in my life. I don't care WHERE the game came from, i mean Ford Racing 2 doesn't have 50 GT40's or 50 Mustangs, but that is all about FORD. it's even more specific so the whole "it's from japan it has to have 50 skylines" reason is stupid.

50 GT40's. That was funny. But I get your point.

BTW, Midnite never said there "had" to be 50 skylines in the game. But it's a staple sports car in Japan. I don't think we need 50 of them, but I did expect to see a lot.

Aren't we getting a bit off topic though? :ill:

Swift
50 GT40's. That was funny. But I get your point.

BTW, Midnite never said there "had" to be 50 skylines in the game. But it's a staple sports car in Japan. I don't think we need 50 of them, but I did expect to see a lot.

Aren't we getting a bit off topic though? :ill:

soooo....How bout them yankees?

Funny thing is... the Skyline has quite a large history, and many many many versions... from the standard luxury boat models to the GT-R.

Yes... the Skyline is a luxury car normally. They are not normally balls to the walls fast. Want a decent idea on what Skylines have been when not GT-Rs? Look at the G35 Sedan from Infiniti... thats a Skyline. A normal Skyline. Not the GT-R, which is what most everyone seems to think they are.

Also, IT does matter where the game comes from. Not in the market sense, but in that the designers are going to be more aware of their OWN history rather than another nations. Though Japan does do a good job of teacher things outside of their own country, unlike the wonderful one I am in :P

.... I found it Day 173 September 19 I bought it ^_^ so like that it wont escape my grasp ... and a quickie to midnite.. dude... Some have know the trueno for the longest its not just Initial d In the 80s it was a fair car yet did tuners in the 80s experimented and got a whole lot from nothing... So plz respect the car... its a great drift car i own one.. and id have to say its one of the best ive driven .. (compared to my 300zx and my supra rz that i got from my Japanese friend ^_^) but anyways... If u got nothing nice to say then just dont say it.... ^_^

Azuremen
Funny thing is... the Skyline has quite a large history, and many many many versions... from the standard luxury boat models to the GT-R.

Yes... the Skyline is a luxury car normally. They are not normally balls to the walls fast. Want a decent idea on what Skylines have been when not GT-Rs? Look at the G35 Sedan from Infiniti... thats a Skyline. A normal Skyline. Not the GT-R, which is what most everyone seems to think they are.
So the G35 is a luxury car? It's not a luxurious sports car? Well that has to be the first luxyry car with the lowest drag coefficient of any average car in production. Or the 280hp and 270 ft lbs with optional AWD. Luxury to the bone.

Also, IT does matter where the game comes from. Not in the market sense, but in that the designers are going to be more aware of their OWN history rather than another nations. Though Japan does do a good job of teacher things outside of their own country, unlike the wonderful one I am in :P

that still doesn't justify
22 NSX's
19 Rx7's
18 evo's
56 Skylines
20 WRX STi's
and
25 NSX's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back