Here comes an update!!!!

• Thread starter doggyollie
  • 401 comments
doggyollie
Is this the one we've been waiting for??
It says early October!

Looks like everything will get reset again and they are very vague on the details, but hopefully this will be the fall update!!!!!
Space required is 108MB since the last update. Sounds like a fair chunk, but doesn't sound as much as the change to Spec II.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d2627.html

Translation
Please Read this before updating

2008 September 29th

There will be a free Granturismo 5 Prologue online update, scheduled for earlier October.

Before the update please be sure to view the information below.

* Maintenance
The day of the update there will be maintenance. Please note you will not be able to connect to the server during the maintenance period.

* Point of caution when downloading
When an error occurs in the middle of downloading the new data, please try to download it again. The data which is downloaded can be resumed from the error point. The below method will allow you to resume the previous download.
With My Page> select News
End the game with the PS button, then restart the game.

* Information that will be reset with the update
Ranking
My record of time trial and drift trial inside Arcade mode
The key assignment (set in options)
Quicktune (for every car)

* Online events
Online events will be renewed

* Compatibility of Replay Data
Replay data saved on versions before Spec II will not be playable with the new version.
Please verify the version information which is indicated in the MANUAL section. Thie version can be found on the lower left corner.
“Ver. ” Like 2.XX.X if “2” is not the leading digit then you do not have Spec II installed. All replays saved using this format (Not Ver 2) will not be playable after the new update. However if a 2 is the leading digit replays will be compatible.

* The HDD space required for the update
The HDD space necessary for the update depends on what version you currently have installed. If you have the most up to date version, an additional 108MB are required. However if this is the first time you will update the game it will require approximately 2.3GB.

※ Both the downloaded edition, blue ray edition of the game and PlayStation 3 need to be updated through the network.

※ Details of publication are scheduled for announcement, schedule is subject to change.

Last edited:
* Contents of publication are schedule at announcement point in time in this page, there are times when it becomes modification.

Thanks doggyollie. Please post here the news when "contents of publication" are announced!

👍

I'm amazed that you can read Japanese because I'm learning that language myself plus thank you for the heads up dude, you do not know how happy you made me feel 👍 :)

Hmm good news! but i don´t think thats the fall update with only 108mb?? how big was the specI to specII Update does somebody know? in europe we get the game already with specII...

the bad news is that the online records will reset again :(

I'm amazed that you can read Japanese because I'm learning that language myself plus thank you for the heads up dude, you do not know how happy you made me feel 👍 :)
lol He lives in Jp.:D
Thankyou for posting the update Doggyollie much appreciated.:)
I'll wait and see how it turns out.
Rusty*

pretty vague indeed....not really sure if this is just an online update or something more...surely not the big fall update though...
hmmm...

spyrrari.

108 Meg does seem small but then again it could be a small amout needed for the private lobbies program change or a few new cars - heres hoping the update is SPEC 3 eh?

If it is going to reset data, then I believe we can infer that the physics model has been changed in some manner. I don't think they would tweak the physics for a simple, small update that affects only one component like online, but that this update could actually be Spec III. However, it does say that Spec II replays will still work, so I could just be dreaming.

108 Meg does seem small but then again it could be a small amout needed for the private lobbies program change or a few new cars - heres hoping the update is SPEC 3 eh?

+1

I can remember pretty decent software stored on 720KB floppies, who knows how much 108MB can hide?

Heres wishing the days go alot faster now until this update is here - you shouldn't wish your life away but you do when one of these updates is round the corner.

Personally I don't think this will be "THE" update we are waiting for, It maybe a early update that will add the GT by Citroen, though it may contain much of the Spec III we are waiting for but need to wait until TGS to find out whats going on with "THE" update.

I might be wrong though.

but the earlier august update was ~250 MB and we get nothing new,only the GT-TV and some new tire physics and engine sounds...

lets hope we get nice features anyway :)

Personally I don't think this will be "THE" update we are waiting for, It maybe a early update that will add the GT by Citroen, though it may contain much of the Spec III we are waiting for but need to wait until TGS to find out whats going on with "THE" update.

I might be wrong though.

Your probably right!

"Direct from actual game"

A free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed beginning in the first part of October.

There are some cautions for when performing the update. Please make sure to read this before its installation.

■ Maintenance
On the day of the update, the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue online service will undergo maintenance. Please note that it will not be possible to connect to the online services during the maintenance.

■ Cautions when Downloading
If an error occurs during the download of update data, please retry the download. Data that had been downloaded up to that point is saved, and the download can be resumed. It is possible to resume downloading by:
Selecting News in My Page
or
Exiting the game with the PS button and restarting the game.

■ Reset due o update
The following content will be reset when the update is applied.
-Ranking
-Arcade time trial and drift trial in the My record
-Key assignment set in "Option"
-Quick tune settings saved for individual cars

■ Online event updated
With the update, the current online events will be updated.

■ Replay data compatibility
Replay data created before the Spec II update will not be possible to view after this update.
Before this update, please check the version information displayed on the lower left within the manual. If it is "Ver. 2.XX.X" or later, replay data will still be viewable after the update.

■ Required HDD space for the update
The amount of required HDD space for the update will depend on your current update status. If updating from the previous version, you will need approx. 116MB. If you are updating for the first time , approximately 380MB will be required.

※ To update, you will be required to have a Playstation 3 connected to the internet through a broadband network, and a downloaded or a Blu-ray version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

※ The content described here are current as of the time of its announcement, but is subjectto change.

It's maybe possible that 'The update' will be cut in two with the first portion being 116mb. As stated in the first post the details of the update are scheduled for release, so expect further details to emerge upon nearing the Update :)

Last edited:
The amount for update is strange. On my PS3 News it says 108MB for this update and 630MB if you haven't updated before. Maybe the regions are all different??
Thanks PD for whatever it may hold. 👍

Great news. I really care less for new cars. We have planty. All I need is PRIVATE ROOM PATCH!

At least something that influences car handling will change (maybe just a recalculation of the default PPs), otherwise why bother with resetting for example your car settings and TT results.

Apparently, there is going to be some sort of physics update. QT settings will be reset. Button assignments will be reset too, which boggles my mind.

We shall see.

Yeh, I bet some physics will change as usual since GT5P is changing rapidally

Good thing they released GT5P there for we have a lot of changes, physics changes, glitches, feedback etc... If there was no Prologue release, We would have tottally diffrent GT5 and everyone would complain that it's not perfect. With Proglogue they can make it perfect :)

Last edited:
The amount for update is strange. On my PS3 News it says 108MB for this update and 630MB if you haven't updated before. Maybe the regions are all different??
Thanks PD for whatever it may hold. 👍

Yeah i noticed this too it's saying 154mb Extra needed to download if you have already downloaded updates so far, Hmmm Polyphony whacha got instore for us this exciting month?! Cant wait hehe

Yeah i noticed this too it's saying 154mb Extra needed to download if you have already downloaded updates so far, Hmmm Polyphony whacha got instore for us this exciting month?! Cant wait hehe

I have the NA version. I wonder why it's different for each region?

Back