Here comes an update!!!!

• Thread starter doggyollie
  • 401 comments
my guess is it will be the day the concept citroen will be unvieled at the paris motorshow......đź’ˇ

spyrrari.

So we in germany get the news @the GT5P news too... the update will have 156MB here and it will come in the first half of october wich can be on 14th of october as well...

If we got no update installed then all updates have to been installed and will take 600~ MB... So all Updates before the europe release will have 1,5~1,7 GB so i think the SpecI to SpecII Update will have 1GB or more...

So I don´t think that this will be the big SpecIII fall Update...

Last edited:
I dont think it will be the Spec III update tbh. Maybe the citroen concept but thats all. I think it wil just be fixing things that we wont really notice.

But theres always hope...

..... And another 4 hours trying to install it because it keeps failing :banghead:

I think its just going to be the new Citroen GT... :) thats it....

let's hope the update will fix the bizarre connecting issues that plague this game, as well as the atrocious loading times for online events in general.
Oh, and many of those unnecessary penalties (short cut on Suzuka's 130R and Fuji's 100R???) need to go out the window too.

Oh, and many of those unnecessary penalties (short cut on Suzuka's 130R and Fuji's 100R???) need to go out the window too.

Keep it on the track, and you don't get the penalties... đź’ˇ

let's hope the update will fix the bizarre connecting issues that plague this game, as well as the atrocious loading times for online events in general.

What atrocious loading times? If there are a load of people waiting to race, the match-making is quick.

there is supposed to be a huge update soon to add at least 3 cars (The California, the new Lotus and the Citroen GT) the Nurburgring and damage (SpecIII??) but I don't know what this is. We will see.

there is supposed to be a huge update soon to add at least 3 cars (The California, the new Lotus and the Citroen GT) the Nurburgring and damage (SpecIII??) but I don't know what this is. We will see.

The only things you have mentioned which have been mentioned to be in an update are damage and the Citroen GT. (and of course private rooms and such, but you didn't mention that).
The Lotus Evora, Ferrari California, Nurburgring and Le Mans have never been mentioned as "to be added" into the game, they have only been seen in demo versions - which does not mean anything really, just makes them likely.

If we can't view replays saved prior to the new update, after the update, does this throw the GTP_Registry qualifier data out the window as we will no longer be able to view the replays generated from it?

If we can't view replays saved prior to the new update, after the update, does this throw the GTP_Registry qualifier data out the window as we will no longer be able to view the replays generated from it?

Re-read it ;)
Any replay BEFORE spec 2 will be unusable. Thats talking about before the EU release of GT5P. So, no, it doesn't affect the GTP Qualifier or the Race.

The only things you have mentioned which have been mentioned to be in an update are damage and the Citroen GT. (and of course private rooms and such, but you didn't mention that).
The Lotus Evora, Ferrari California, Nurburgring and Le Mans have never been mentioned as "to be added" into the game, they have only been seen in demo versions - which does not mean anything really, just makes them likely.

True, but one can dream, right. and I don't think it is too far fetched that PD will want to test the addition of cars and tracks eventually. so, I would not surprise me if at least the Citroen and Nurburgring are available for download

True, but one can dream, right. and I don't think it is too far fetched that PD will want to test the addition of cars and tracks eventually. so, I would not surprise me if at least the Citroen and Nurburgring are available for download

Well, yes you can, but you should be careful throwing around words like "meant" when referring to unconfirmed cars and tracks being included in Gran Turismo.
Just trying to stop the wild rumours becoming faux-fact again...its so annoying to see several hundred threads about how people are disappointed because they expected features that were never announced or confirmed.

Re-read it ;)
Any replay BEFORE spec 2 will be unusable. Thats talking about before the EU release of GT5P. So, no, it doesn't affect the GTP Qualifier or the Race.

They are clearing the rankings, however, which likely means a physics tweak of some sort. This may mean that some adjustment to the GTP Qualifier is required. Also, if the update occurs before event 01 concludes, this may throw a monkey wrench in the works.

They are clearing the rankings, however, which likely means a physics tweak of some sort. This may mean that some adjustment to the GTP Qualifier is required. Also, if the update occurs before event 01 concludes, this may throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Good point, but at least the replays aren't affected. Just have to hope the update isn't too soon.

HereÂ’s my wish-list for the update then: brain transplant for the AI so I can possibly make it too stage 2 of the event...:embarrassed::lol:

Too bad the rankings will be erased, I got some great ranking positions in the Drift Trials and I hate to also see the TEAM-mixis' positions be erased to because those are my benchmarks for me to become as good as those guys some day. They are the best drifters in the game. I sure can't wait to get a drift impression on that new Citroen concept

Last edited:
could this update possibly add voice chat?? it seems to co incide with the rumoured next firmware update. If thats the case the firmware could open up cross game voice chat and therefor PD may impliment in game voice?

just another thought to add to the list

"Direct from actual game"

A free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed beginning in the first part of October.

There are some cautions for when performing the update. Please make sure to read this before its installation.

■ Maintenance
On the day of the update, the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue online service will undergo maintenance. Please note that it will not be possible to connect to the online services during the maintenance.

■ Cautions when Downloading
If an error occurs during the download of update data, please retry the download. Data that had been downloaded up to that point is saved, and the download can be resumed. It is possible to resume downloading by:
Selecting News in My Page
or
Exiting the game with the PS button and restarting the game.

■ Reset due o update
The following content will be reset when the update is applied.
-Ranking
-Arcade time trial and drift trial in the My record
-Key assignment set in "Option"
-Quick tune settings saved for individual cars

■ Online event updated
With the update, the current online events will be updated.

■ Replay data compatibility
Replay data created before the Spec II update will not be possible to view after this update.
Before this update, please check the version information displayed on the lower left within the manual. If it is "Ver. 2.XX.X" or later, replay data will still be viewable after the update.

■ Required HDD space for the update
The amount of required HDD space for the update will depend on your current update status. If updating from the previous version, you will need approx. 116MB. If you are updating for the first time , approximately 380MB will be required.

※ To update, you will be required to have a Playstation 3 connected to the internet through a broadband network, and a downloaded or a Blu-ray version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

※ The content described here are current as of the time of its announcement, but is subjectto change.

Interesting,I thought maybe late October but this is good news.Oh, by the way,Welcome to the forums leadfoot.:)

Too bad the rankings will be erased, I got some great ranking positions in the Drift Trials and I hate to also see the TEAM-mixis' positions be erased to because those are my benchmarks for me to become as good as those guys some day. They are the best drifters in the game. I sure can't wait to get a drift impression on that new Citroen concept

mixi aint the best drifters in the game lol, and scoreboards doesnt mean anything.

Ah, he ain't new, he's been here for a while ;)

But, seriously Foot, there are a lot of really good drivers here and I'm sure you and a few other of our friends would be in Division 1 of the GTP_registry. I honestly don't know why I held out on actually joining the registry, I've been a member here for a couple of years.

I was amazed to see that there were 557 people when I submitted my ID. The Qualifier dumped a lot of people that did not participate in the Division seeding.

Having private rooms will be great to match up with people in the Division Events.

Everyone seems concerned about the size of the update.(stole this đź’ˇ from another forum) Could the voice chat and the private rooms already be in the game and they just need to be unlocked?There is something to chew on.:dopey:

Someone had suggested in an earlier post that perhaps it's a "misprint". I guess the Japanese News says it 2.3 gigs?

I just hope they don't string us along for another week or so before giving us the update "date".

Back