Here comes an update!!!!

• Thread starter doggyollie
  • 401 comments
DEFINATELY more penalties for punters/wall-riders for the people who forget they're playing a GT game, not some cheesy arcade racer. Yesterday a friend and my brother were over, i gave them a couple of runs on the Beginners FUJI race, and i fealt bad for them. I was watching as down the straight, there were 4-guys (out of the 7 cars that were put into the race) and they were going AT IT! all you could see is a Mess of smoke and a Mess of cars all over the straight-away. My brother and friend now share the same frustration a lot of us have come accustomed to...private rooms please!!! :)👍

I don't think the GT-R Proto '05 has a cockpit veiw

EDIT:

Just checked Nope it doesn't ;)

Ah, ok, but plural? Thats only one concept ;)
Well, in the case of the GT-R Proto, it was obviously to stick to keeping the interior a secret at the time (when Spec 1 came out) and they didn't update the cockpit view for it for Spec 2.

With the Citroen GT, there is no reason why we wouldn't have the cockpit view, unless they release it early and "keep it a secret" again.

Ah, ok, but plural? Thats only one concept ;)
Well, in the case of the GT-R Proto, it was obviously to stick to keeping the interior a secret at the time (when Spec 1 came out) and they didn't update the cockpit view for it for Spec 2.

With the Citroen GT, there is no reason why we wouldn't have the cockpit view, unless they release it early and "keep it a secret" again.

Maybe thats what the update will be then.

A cockpit veiw for the GT-R :lol:

It'd be great to see more cars in here, but what I really want is more tracks. Especially ones with lots of turns. I'd love them to bring back Cittá d'Aria, from GT4. Dunno if they have than one done yet though. From the recent Ferrari California video, it appears the Nordschleife is all done, so bring it on PD!

been said a hundred times already in this thread before , so why not add another piece to it !!!!!!!!!!

Private rooms - please

If PD do listen to us, and apparently they do! I see no reason why they shouldnt include private rooms in the next update. As has been said 100s of times in this thread alone, it is the most eagerly anticipated addition to the game. Possibly it was good without them for awhile, it forced us to go out and meet those great racers who we would have otherwise missed, it even allowed us to publicize the GTP tag around the world. But now the introduction phase of the game is well and truly over. For it to keep the users it has now, and also to boost its users, and boost PDs reputation amongst us and the rest of the racing world we need private rooms.
However if this is only a minor update, adding the new citreon only, well then I would not be too surprised. But private rooms must be added before christmas otherwise GT5Ps users are going to disappear somewhere else, quite quickly.

Private rooms would add much life to my dwindling interest in GT5:P online. That and the Nurburgring. Anything less than that would be pretty much "meh". If this is actually the "fall update" they've been talking about all this time and it only makes small changes to the gameplay then i will feel
owned032.gif
by PD.

I´ve played GT4 20 minutes before and i am impressed how big this game was :embarrassed: Thats nearly unbelievable how many tracks,cars,events,details asf... So much love in this game! GT5 will be so awesome :)

Sometimes I stop and forget that alto GT4 had more tracks and cars, GT5 is more fun ;)

With Christmas around the corner and SONY wanting to make more of a PS3 impact on the market, it would make perfect sense to give us the Ring.

SONY/PD has been really great at giving us GT bones to gnaw on since the PS3 hit shelves. Prologue is a hefty piece of rawhide that we have gnawed on for almost a year now. If the dismal rumor about GT5 not coming out until 2010, we will need a steady stream of new bones to keep us happy over the next year and 6 months +.

The Ring is no longer a big surprise track, we know it's there and has been used in demos. There are loads of real world tracks that would astonish us and would probably get more playtime than the Ring (at least for a while). Hopefully, we'll get these tracks.

Adding the Ring would sell more copies of Prologue and PS3's THIS CHRISTMAS.

You say christmas and then i think GT5 @christmas 09?? i think and hope its possible... i dont believe that we got to wait 2 years or more

but back to toppic

Adding the Ring would sell more copies of Prologue and PS3's THIS CHRISTMAS.

Quite reasonable..

Me expecting PRIVATE ROOMS and and the new Citroen.
Just imagine, we download an update on Friday 3rd, see private rooms and the new Citro covered! The day after, Saturday 4th Citroen goes unlocked both in game and at the show. That would be a great move from PD.

Quite reasonable..

Just imagine, we download an update on Friday 3rd, see private rooms and the new Citro covered! The day after, Saturday 4th Citroen goes unlocked both in game and at the show. That would be a great move from PD.

If they don't do this, it would be another missed opportunity. I think it would be neat if they could give us a "live feed" through GTTV.

They know full well that we all want private rooms, they got hammered on it during the chat. If they don't give us private rooms, more people will lose patience and interest. I know some people that have been in "GT boycott" for quite a while now.

Quite reasonable..

Just like with the simultaneous real life and in-game unveiling of the STI, EVO X, and GTR in the Tokyo Motor Show special demo last fall :D. Man the texturing, lighting, and shaders on those covers were sooo awesome looking before they unveiled them; just watching the veiled shapes spinning in the showroom with their cover's animation almost looking like it was "breathing." Anybody remember? it was like a velour/silky texture (different and I think better looking than the flat shiny look of the cover on this Citroen); there was a red one and a blue one (I forgot what other colors if there were any).

Then on the day of the Tokyo Motor Show BAM! we got a tiny little update to the demo at the exact same time of the real life unveilings and a sweet in-game intro of the covers gracefully blowing off each car with a bunch of camera flashes and applause from the dark. It was awesome to the point where I reverted my save-game a few times just to see it again!

I hope they do a similar thing with this one except maybe even more elaborate!

Last edited:
Just like with the simultaneous real life and in-game unveiling of the STI, EVO X, and GTR in the Tokyo Motor Show special demo last fall :D. Man the texturing, lighting, and shaders on those covers were sooo awesome looking before they unveiled them; just watching the veiled shapes spinning in the showroom with their cover's animation almost looking like it was "breathing." Anybody remember? it was like a velour/silky texture (different and I think better looking than the flat shiny look of the cover on this Citroen); there was a red one and a blue one (I forgot what other colors if there were any).

Then on the day of the Tokyo Motor Show BAM! we got a tiny little update to the demo at the exact same time of the real life unveilings and a sweet in-game intro of the covers gracefully blowing off each car with a bunch of camera flashes and applause from the dark. It was awesome to the point where I reverted my save-game a few times just to see it again!

I hope the do a similar thing with this one except maybe even more elaborate!

I know that was so awesome! I've still got the Prologue Demo on my HDD was thrilled when they released it! I can still drive the masked GTR on a different profile on my HDD which is really kwl, They did alot of work from that point till the game was finished lol, I wish you could have the option to put that sexy Red Silk Cover over the Car haha would be neat looking at it

EDIT: Wait the Subaru still has the Blue Silk Cloth over it! I'm gunna take a pic and upload it here lol

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

Last edited:
...SONY/PD has been really great at giving us GT bones to gnaw on...Prologue is a hefty piece of rawhide that we have gnawed on for almost a year now...we will need a steady stream of new bones to keep us happy over the next year and 6 months +...
LMAO!!!!!:lol::lol:Your funny Dave thats instant quote material!:lol:
Your metaphor's are world class! I never imagined Prologue being refered to a piece of Raw Meat, and updates being called Bones!!:lol: "A steady stream of NEW Bone's" LMAO!!:lol: We all must be Hyena's. :D
Might add it to my sig!👍
FUNNIEST thing I've read on GTP, great post Dave...I'll be waiting for PD to throw us a new Bone.:D
Bobzed
...Me expecting PRIVATE ROOMS and and the new Citroen.
Yeah that would be spectactular!💡 PD is really fantastic in going that extra step and a little unpredictable, that I like very much.;) PD has sonething going on...:sly:
Rusty*

*Changes PSN account to view the GT5P demo again*

:D

*EDIT* yes my STi has the blue silk cloth on it, but one other thing I noticed, I took the Masked GTR out on Suzuka and fooled around, I went off track and noticed that there is no throttle limiter when you go off track like in the full GT5P versions, you can sit and do donuts in the grass or sand, much better.

Last edited:
DEFINATELY more penalties for punters/wall-riders for the people who forget they're playing a GT game, not some cheesy arcade racer. Yesterday a friend and my brother were over, i gave them a couple of runs on the Beginners FUJI race, and i fealt bad for them. I was watching as down the straight, there were 4-guys (out of the 7 cars that were put into the race) and they were going AT IT! all you could see is a Mess of smoke and a Mess of cars all over the straight-away. My brother and friend now share the same frustration a lot of us have come accustomed to...private rooms please!!! :)👍

I highly hope we are getting rid of penalties and introducing new colission model. If you bounce the wall in 100 mph with your side, your car become almost uncontrollable and you'll have full hands of work to keep it steady. If you hit the wall under angle, you must crash into it and then the hell of spinning and bouncing begins. And when you touch the rear bumper of your opponent from the side and make a slight turn into him, he must spin wildly exactly like real life. Then you have to be retired to the pit automatically and your race will end. This funny bouncy way as the GT is nowadays, that's not even close to real physics.

:D...but one other thing I noticed, I took the Masked GTR out on Suzuka and fooled around, I went off track and noticed that there is no throttle limiter when you go off track like in the full GT5P versions, you can sit and do donuts in the grass or sand, much better.
Yes that's right, Having the throttle cut is really 'dodgy':crazy: totally unrealistic!:rolleyes: I don't plan on 'rippin it up' lol on the Grass, or go cuttin in the sand but the fact that it is unrealistic it MUST go.👍

Last edited:
I would love to see private rooms but more importantly if this is implented via the update then I would want to see the host have many options i.e cars, tracks, tyres, laps etc. I would also like to see us have the option of saving a replay of our races because im certain races between my friends are going to be very close.

A quick word to those in the UK though. Many broadband subscribers in the UK have only got an upload speed of 448kb. Now im not sure if this is going to be fast enough for a private room of 16 to run smoothly. I have recently moved to O2 and I now have 14mb down/1.3mb up and I only pay £10 a month! So my advice to those in the UK is if your exchange has been enabled for O2 I would strongly recommend you move because not only is it very cheap the 1300kb upload speeds are perfect for hosting a large room.

Back