Here comes an update!!!!

• Thread starter doggyollie
  • 401 comments
Oh.. It came to my mind again. Don't know for sure if someone have said this before, it's likely. But in my opinion they should definitely make separate rankings for wheels and pads.

I believe it said the total "game size" on the HDD will be xxx GB's. The size of the update is in MB's.

Each region got a different game. The original Prologue released in Japan was the first and included the least content. So the 2.3 GB is the addition to that version. I am currently using the Japanese version and the installed size of the game on my hard drive is about 5.4GB, so again the 2.3 GB is not the installed size.

It is feasible that the game released in Europe and North America will require much less information for the update. Hence the 308MB as opposed to 2.3GB. I don't think it is a misprint.

After reading all the info and seeing the build up I think this will be a physics update, and a Citroen addition. The date of the motor show where the car will be released is too much of a coincidence for it not to be unveiled in the game. Think back to the Tokyo auto show and all the cars released in game simultaneously.

I hope they include private rooms though. Fingers crossed.

Each region got a different game. The original Prologue released in Japan was the first and included the least content. So the 2.3 GB is the addition to that version. I am currently using the Japanese version and the installed size of the game on my hard drive is about 5.4GB, so again the 2.3 GB is not the installed size.

It is feasible that the game released in Europe and North America will require much less information for the update. Hence the 308MB as opposed to 2.3GB. I don't think it is a misprint.

I hope they include private rooms though. Fingers crossed.

I have the JP and the NA versions so I'll check it later. They are the exact same game except the language as far as I can tell. Private rooms would be sweet but who knows?

I bet this is only Citroen GT Concept update. We will be waiting another few weeks for that big Spec III update.

i think your right but i hope so that we will also get 1 new track, it doens't matter wich one though i hope that IF we get a new track it will be an GT original like grand valley or apricot hill for that matter.

I hope the update brings me my all time wanted feature for my DFGT! THE HORN! :D

Has anyone expierianced GT5 Prologue freezing on the Loading Screens lately? Last night me and my friend Aly were playing online for over 2 hours and when we finally decided to stop to go to the loading menu to save it froze! :@ So 2 hours of credits wasted. It's also done it this morning and once more now where i''ve booted up the game Just before Intro it's says Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and it's crashed again! :( maybe update will contain a possiible fix? It's never done this before prior to this week

Last edited:
Last night me and my friend Aly were playing online for over 2 hours and when we finally decided to stop to go to the loading menu to save it froze! :@ So 2 hours of credits wasted.

Yes, it happened to me three times, as well as diagonally broken vectors over the screen once. Few bugs still are in.

so, I would not surprise me if at least the Citroen and Nurburgring are available for download

Why do people think that PD is going to bring out the Nurburgring? Thats their cash cow right there... Theyre not going to put that in Prologue... that would be stupid from a business perspective... and we all have to remember that this ALL boils down to money making and business... I would understand bringing out some of the old GT tracks (Trial mountian, Grand Valley, etc. )... but no MAJOR ones like Nurburgring... that will be saved for the official release in my eyes....

Why do people think that PD is going to bring out the Nurburgring? Thats their cash cow right there... Theyre not going to put that in Prologue... that would be stupid from a business perspective... and we all have to remember that this ALL boils down to money making and business... I would understand bringing out some of the old GT tracks (Trial mountian, Grand Valley, etc. )... but no MAJOR ones like Nurburgring... that will be saved for the official release in my eyes....

Actually, they haven't redesigned the Nürburgring yet and that venerable GT4 version would be perfect keeper for players of Prologue until full GT5 will be out. That's certainly one of versions of PD but all this is just speculation, of course. Many people talk about it because they wish it.

Last edited:

Do you think Nurburgring in GT5P will keep people away from buying the full GT5 a couple of years ahead. I doubt that....

I don't agree that bringing the Nurburgring to Prologue will be bad for business, on the contrary: Including the Ring whould bring an extra cashflow by Prologue from new buyers and most of those who have Prologue will buy GT5 anyway (or so I assume). :)

I don't agree that bringing the Nurburgring to Prologue will be bad for business, on the contrary: Including the Ring whould bring an extra cashflow by Prologue from new buyers and most of those who have Prologue will buy GT5 anyway (or so I assume). :)

Exactly, even those players who don't have prologue until now will be running into the shops when Nürburgring become available for the game. And that will bring huge financial bonus to PD for developing full GT5.

Why do people think that PD is going to bring out the Nurburgring? ... that will be saved for the official release in my eyes....
I don't want to give PD any ideas, but they just might release it as pay-to-play DLC. :)

Some will buy a PS3 just for the ring in GT, so I doubt the precious track will be released in the form off an update at this time. They have to make the update worth for newcomers to Prologue but keep the game “frustrating” enough so everybody banks once more for the full release.:indiff:

Last edited:
Ok... nice responses... but dont you think that will take away from the initial release of GT5.... Why bring out the BEST right away when you could fill it up with some mediocre/cool stuff first and save the best for last..... They could make just as much money bringing out old tracks like trail mountain and grand valley speedway which are also a lot of fun... and then save the Nurburgring and make even more money with the official release.... I guess it just how yo ulook at it and what you think has priority... :)

Didn’t YK already stated they got rid of the payable DLC suggestion? Not 100% sure, but I remember this from a previous interview.:nervous:

Ok... nice responses... but dont you think that will take away from the initial release of GT5.... Why bring out the BEST right away when you could fill it up with some mediocre/cool stuff first and save the best for last..... They could make just as much money bringing out old tracks like trail mountain and grand valley speedway which are also a lot of fun... and then save the Nurburgring and make even more money with the official release.... I guess it just how yo ulook at it and what you think has priority... :)

If full GT5 will not be released before 2010 (2011), adding some spectatular content like the Ring could be a way for PD to make more money with Prologue. As someone said above, even then everybody will buy full GT5 (as i would bet that playing online with GT5P against GT5 will not be possible and you are "forced" to buy full GT5, if you want to play online against the majority).

So i think it would make perfect sense to add something spectacular to GT5P to sell more copies....and thats the only reason to do this. They already have my money and dont need to do this for players that already bought GT5P, but i bet they could sell many more PS3s and GT5Ps with the Ring or other "cool" tracks and cars.

Unfortunately i dont think that PD sees it that way, too.....and i am pretty sure it wont happen in the upcoming update ;-)

Last edited:
I hope we get more than just the Citroen GT (dues for unvailing in a couple of days).
I need to get a credit card for pay-to-play DLC I think.

US has them already, I am not sure when we will get them. Taking forever.

You can get a Debit card (What I use) if you don't want a credit card.

And Yes US have Prepaid cards in game. I like it, I use it to buy about 25 bucks, and took me a while to spend it all on misc stuff for 1-2 dollars. As well for 25 bucks I got few videos from GT5P :) neat.

JvM
Oh.. It came to my mind again. Don't know for sure if someone have said this before, it's likely. But in my opinion they should definitely make separate rankings for wheels and pads.

I agree, Would be nice to see N1vsN2 tires, or S3 or S2 differances. But That would be too much... Just keep it to N-tire stats, S-tire stats, R-Tire stats... And I would love to see PADS vs WHEELS
As well it could say what wheel the peron used, clutch, Hshifter or not

By the way I would love to see stats for RECOMENENDED tire USE that PD recommends. Some cars have N3s, some have S2s. That way It would be great to see each car's performance as they come with standard set of tires.

With only about 116 MB I really do not think CITROEN will make it in. I think it's too little memory for this CURVY car. What you guys think? What is an average size for each car?

Last edited:
Back