Here's Every New Car Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 363 comments
For how I’ll eventually play the game, after unlocking everything, the 50 new cars are fine. The pre-war cars aren’t my thing, but if acquire them at some point, I’ll drive them around once.

The 50 cars Kaz did choose, are good variety. If I only used those 50, with the tools we have for custom race, I’d get a lot of mileage out of this game.

It's very much worth noting that the difference between a GT3 car and the road car it's based on is usually considerably more than "details or specs". Commonly there's barely a handful of shared components, and even the raw chassis is completely re-engineered. In fact even something like a BTCC car (which is basically a slightly slower Gr.4) has just a chassis in common with the road car it's based on.

Listing GT4 and GT3 race cars as all being essentially duplicates of road cars vastly misunderstands what goes into making a GT4 (in most cases, but not all) or GT3 race car.
I only included GT3 cars if there is yet another GT3 version of that model in the list like the BMW M6. I did included Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars because they are fantasy models only made to boost GT Sport's car list and for circumventing trademark rights. In GT7 we can make our own Gr.3 and 4 version which was not possible in GT Sport so they basically have no reason to exist anymore.

Last edited:
I only included GT3 cars if there is yet another GT3 version of that model in the list like the BMW M6.
  • Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage Gr.3
  • Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 Race Car
  • Citroen GT by Citroen Race Car Gr.3
  • Ferrari 458 Gr.3
  • Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car Gr.3
  • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Race Car
  • Honda NSX Gr.3 Race Car
  • Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
  • Jaguar F-Type Gr.3
  • Mazda Atenza Gr.3
  • McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing 1995
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4 2011
  • Nissan GT-R (R35) NISMO 2017
  • Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
  • Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
  • Subaru WRX STI Gr.3 Race Car
  • Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Awks.
I did included Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars because they are fantasy models
  • McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing 1995
  • Nissan GT-R (R35) NISMO 2017
Tres awks.

This list is just about as problematic as any other list of "duplicates" we've seen over the years.

Last edited:
This looks like a very uninspired list to me. Maybe it's because I'm playing GT since the first game or maybe it's because I'm more into saloons and weird cars but most of these cars are old and not in a good way like in oldtimer, just old, as in almost absolete. I know by now how a Viper RT-10 drives, or every edition of the Mazda MX5 (Miata)...

If I count a specific model as one car, and all editions based on those cars, I count 105 'duplicates'. Just the same model but with other details or specs. The list is just not good enough for a full GT game. There are not enough starter cars, what is the fun if you can only choose a hatchback as a starter? I want a secondhand banger like a BMW 528i or a Peugeot 406, not a Toyota Yaris or Mazda 2 (Demio)... And what is the point of those Gr.3, 4 and rally versions? They had there use in Sport but in GT7 you can modify your car yourself so why would you need a Gr.3?

Previous GT games had unique cars that most of us didn't know about until they played GT. Where are brands like Zenvo, Koenigsegg, Rimac, SSC, Brabham... Gran Turismo should make us learn about new cars and brands, not make us chew on old stuff for the 6th or 7th time.
Amen to that,that's exactly what I think too...they had enough time to get this right!

Awks.

Tres awks.

This list is just about as problematic as any other list of "duplicates" we've seen over the years.
r4216.jpg.cf.webp

Maybe they can also include some of Ridge Racer cars then if it is ok to just make up cars and pretend them to be as good as the real cars.

Last edited:
GT3 are real world race cars. Gr.3 and Gr.4 are fantasy cars made up by PD.
r4216.jpg.cf.webp

Maybe they can also include some of Ridge Racer cars then if it is ok to just make up cars and pretend them to be as good as the real cars.
Wait until you hear about the LM cars from Gran Turismo back in 1997. And the Vision GT program running since 2013. And all the immobile concept show cars GT has let you drive, also since 1997.

There's very definitely a case for several cars being largely unnecessary duplicates without pretending a name means a car is identical other than "details" or having to make up new reasons.

Wait until you hear about the LM cars from Gran Turismo back in 1997. And the Vision GT program running since 2013. And all the immobile concept show cars GT has let you drive, also since 1997.

There's very definitely a case for several cars being largely unnecessary duplicates without pretending a name means a car is identical other than "details" or having to make up new reasons.
Concept cars are also real world cars. Car companies presented their concept cars at car shows like Detroit or Tokyo. I have the same problem with the VGT cars but since there aren't almost no car shows left, the companies use games like GT to present their concepts. Big difference with PD's Gr.3 cars or LM cars.

Concept cars are also real world cars. Car companies presented their concept cars at car shows like Detroit or Tokyo. I have the same problem with the VGT cars but since there aren't almost no car shows left, the companies use games like GT to present their concepts. Big difference with PD's Gr.3 cars or LM cars.
It’s no longer an excuse, but we know the reason why Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars are featured in GT Sport. Some didn’t exist yet(AMG GT4, Mustang GT3) some were in development(Mustang GT4 and M4 GT4) and some were variations of real race cars(F-Type GT4, Super Taikyu Evo and WRX) and some for FIA representation(Citroen, Peugeot-though the Gr.4 Peugeot is based on a real race car, that competed at the Bathurst 12H).

PD seeing fit to update liveries on some cars(Castro NSX, RC F, AMG GT3, etc), is still a band-aid, but since they’ll be adding cars, we have to wait and see what we get.

It’s no longer an excuse, but we know the reason why Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars are featured in GT Sport. Some didn’t exist yet(AMG GT4, Mustang GT3) some were in development(Mustang GT4 and M4 GT4) and some were variations of real race cars(F-Type GT4, Super Taikyu Evo and WRX) and some for FIA representation(Citroen, Peugeot-though the Gr.4 Peugeot is based on a real race car, that competed at the Bathurst 12H).

PD seeing fit to update liveries on some cars(Castro NSX, RC F, AMG GT3, etc), is still a band-aid, but since they’ll be adding cars, we have to wait and see what we get.
If the rest of the list was strong enough I would not have such a problem with this list but it is just so dull at this moment, I really hope you are right about the dlc's. In my opinion GT2 or maybe GT4 had the best carlist. Those also had their problems but the lists were diverse enough to please everybody.

No it isn't. Quite the opposite.

That combined with GT Sport's DLC output between 2018 & 19 still has me scratching my head on what happened with the car list for GT7. My only good guess right now is that perhaps the modeling team spent a lot of time on customization parts such as bumpers and widebodies and if that is the case, there better be a lot of visual mods available for at least most of the cars in this game.

Plus
21 BMW M4 Coupé - 6th Generation of M3/M4
22 BMW M4 GT3
23 BMW M4 GT4
24 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4
25 Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 - Ferrari FXX-K Rival
26 Pagani Huayra R - Ferrari FXX-K Rival
27 Audi RS5 DTM 2017/2018 - Honda NSX Super GT 2016 Rival
28 BMW M4 DTM 2017/2018 - Lexus RC-F Super GT 2016 Rival
29 Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupe DTM 2017/2018 - Nissan GT-R Super GT 2016 Rival
30 Audi TT clubsport turbo concept 2015
And more
31 Chevrolet Corvette C8 ZO6 2022
32 Chevrolet Corvette C8 ZO6 GT3.R 2022
33 Dodge Challenger Super Stock (LC) 2020
34 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye (LD) '2020
35 Bugatti EB110 SS LM '1994
36 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 '2019
37 Maserati MC12 '2004–05
38 Maserati Ghibli (AM115) '1967–73
39 Lamborghini Centenario Coupé '2016
40 Porsche 911 GT1-98 (996) Race Car '1998

If the rest of the list was strong enough I would not have such a problem with this list but it is just so dull at this moment, I really hope you are right about the dlc's. In my opinion GT2 or maybe GT4 had the best carlist. Those also had their problems but the lists were diverse enough to please everybody.
I agree. I see many members’ frustration. I personally, see the gems I want in this current list. Some cars I want, aren’t in there, but some dream cars, the 964 and CSLs(surprised the hell out of me!), the classic Z cars are back, the new Z is most likely in, the Boss 429, 356 Coupe, cars like these. I’ll have my core cars to use.
Certain race cars I want, but it’s not a deal breaker the way I play.

This list seem pretty diverse. It’s more like racing history where, people bought their cars, drove them to the track. Raced them and then, drove them back home. I can see where Kaz is pointing players to that car culture of pride in ownership.

For the race fan, it seems those of us that appreciate homologated race cars, are being left out. Trust, I see how out of date the grid is. All I can say is, we’ve been surprised before, with the 2016 GT500 cars, the RC F ‘17, Supra Concept ‘18, Gr.4 Supra.

1644093202880474466232818102525.jpg

I wanted play two Red Bull X to GT7, but wait

GT5 both X2010 and X2011

GT6 all X2010, X2011 and X2014 Fan Car plus Standard and Junior

GTS no but X2014 Standard and Junior is there and X2019 Competition is there

GT7 X2014 Junior and X2019 Competition is there, X2014 Standard wait

I wish 3 Red Bull X2010, X2011 and X2014 Fan Car are Future DLC, i know not exactly

If X2010 and X2014 Fan Car is there then Dodge Tomahawk X VGT Rival for Time Attack

Last edited:
Concept cars are also real world cars. Car companies presented their concept cars at car shows like Detroit or Tokyo.
Yes, I've been to them as a motoring journalist. Almost exclusively they are unable to move under their own power because... they don't have engines; prototypes do, but it's far rarer for concepts (sometimes they have the intended final engine sort of, but sometimes they have something small just so they can get on and off a transporter and into and out of the show hall without four people pushing it).

They're also quite often clay models of cars.

At what point does a car that someone imagined and made out of clay which has absolutely no function as an automobile become a "real world" car?

I have the same problem with the VGT cars but since there aren't almost no car shows left, the companies use games like GT to present their concepts.
And just because it's amusing, I should point out that the Bugatti Vision GT is not only real, full-sized, and fully functioning, it's changed hands to two different private owners since it was created. It's as real as any other real car is - and considerably more so that most show car concept.

Other fully functioning VGTs include both of the Volkswagens, the Audi E-tron, and technically the Fittipaldi EF7 - while most of the rest are full-size models or clay models in the exact same way that regular concept cars are (the Infiniti was a 1:8 scale model, which sucks). And then we have the not-VGT Citroen, which was actually real and destined for production - though it never made it. Fictional or not?

There is no meaningful difference between a regular concept car and a Vision GT concept car: neither are real, functioning cars unless the brand decides to make them.

You've now reached the point where you were arguing against cars that are the same but only different in "details or specs" (while including a raft of cars that are significant more different than that, simply because they have the same name as something else) but now you're arguing that some cars that aren't real are real while others that are real aren't real, based on... some imaginary criterion.

And I don't even know why you've flicked this switch. GT has always had fictional cars, from the LM cars of the first game through the Concepts of GT Concept (literally a game built entirely on almost wholly nonfunctional cars) and to VGT and the Red Bull X cars of today.

I haven't even touched on the fact you've put a purpose built spaceframe V6 race car on the list as a "filler... based on a car in the list and differ only in details or specs" for no reason I can see other than the fact it's called a "Renault Megane" (and the Megane body it has a fibreglass replica of over the top isn't even the same Megane that's in the game), and a literal Super GT car (again, spaceframe chassis with heavily modified body shell, zero shared mechanical components) again for no good reason.

These lists of "duplicates" are always problematic, for the above reasons. But to repeat myself, there's very definitely a case for several cars being largely unnecessary duplicates without pretending a name means a car is identical other than "details" or having to make up new reasons. The two Clios, for example, is a perfect one.

Still, it'd be nice to have some cool stuff like the Jaguar XJR-15 and the Nissan R390 back. Oh, wait.

Last edited:
Here's hoping that with post-launch updates we'll see more "regular" cars. We need some Honda Accords, Toyota Camrys, Hyundai Sonatas, etc, things I see on the road every day.

I must say, if this the final car list, then I'm very disappointed. The thing about PD's car list is how they would add one car but then not have any rival for it (Chaparral 2J being a great example) Or having the LaFerrari without a P1 and 918.
Enzo but no MC12.
Alfa 155 V6 Touring Car but no 190E, Sierra Cosworth, Audi V8 DTM etc. 917 without a 512S.
That's where I give massive kudos to Turn 10 with Forza. Even Project Cars had rivals nicely paired up. Wtf is this??

Yes, I've been to them as a motoring journalist. Almost exclusively they are unable to move under their own power because... they don't have engines; prototypes do, but it's far rarer for concepts (sometimes they have the intended final engine sort of, but sometimes they have something small just so they can get on and off a transporter and into and out of the show hall without four people pushing it).

They're also quite often clay models of cars.

At what point does a car that someone imagined and made out of clay which has absolutely no function as an automobile become a "real world" car?

And just because it's amusing, I should point out that the Bugatti Vision GT is not only real, full-sized, and fully functioning, it's changed hands to two different private owners since it was created. It's as real as any other real car is - and considerably more so that most show car concept.

Other fully functioning VGTs include both of the Volkswagens, the Audi E-tron, and technically the Fittipaldi EF7 - while most of the rest are full-size models or clay models in the exact same way that regular concept cars are (the Infiniti was a 1:8 scale model, which sucks). And then we have the not-VGT Citroen, which was actually real and destined for production - though it never made it. Fictional or not?

There is no meaningful difference between a regular concept car and a Vision GT concept car: neither are real, functioning cars unless the brand decides to make them.

You've now reached the point where you were arguing against cars that are the same but only different in "details or specs" (while including a raft of cars that are significant more different than that, simply because they have the same name as something else) but now you're arguing that some cars that aren't real are real while others that are real aren't real, based on... some imaginary criterion.

And I don't even know why you've flicked this switch. GT has always had fictional cars, from the LM cars of the first game through the Concepts of GT Concept (literally a game built entirely on almost wholly nonfunctional cars) and to VGT and the Red Bull X cars of today.

I haven't even touched on the fact you've put a purpose built spaceframe V6 race car on the list as a "filler... based on a car in the list and differ only in details or specs" for no reason I can see other than the fact it's called a "Renault Megane" (and the Megane body it has a fibreglass replica of over the top isn't even the same Megane that's in the game), and a literal Super GT car (again, spaceframe chassis with heavily modified body shell, zero shared mechanical components) again for no good reason.

These lists of "duplicates" are always problematic, for the above reasons. But to repeat myself, there's very definitely a case for several cars being largely unnecessary duplicates without pretending a name means a car is identical other than "details" or having to make up new reasons. The two Clios, for example, is a perfect one.

Still, it'd be nice to have some cool stuff like the Jaguar XJR-15 and the Nissan R390 back. Oh, wait.
Just like the GT3 cars I only included VGT cars if there were other versions like the Dodge Tomahawk. VGT is not on my list if there is only one.

I get your point about the concept cars but those cars are designed by the car maker itself not created on a PD computer. I know my list has some cars that are debatable, I said that in my post.

If PD needs 3 months to complete a model of the BMW M3, do you think they also need 3 months to make the M3 sport evolution? That was my main thought when I made this list...

Last edited:
I must say, if this the final car list, then I'm very disappointed. The thing about PD's car list is how they would add one car but then not have any rival for it (Chaparral 2J being a great example) Or having the LaFerrari without a P1 and 918.
Enzo but no MC12.
Alfa 155 V6 Touring Car but no 190E, Sierra Cosworth, Audi V8 DTM etc. 917 without a 512S.
That's where I give massive kudos to Turn 10 with Forza. Even Project Cars had rivals nicely paired up. Wtf is this??
It’s not the final car list. It’s the launch list. Cars will be added as DLC.

I find post launch DLC cars a waste if you have already completed the single player content. Also, once the single player modes have been completed, all the tuning options will mean little if you can't use them in online play.

r4216.jpg.cf.webp

I want that DLC!

What a game that was... Such a great vibe. Imagine a Ridge Racer Championship with those cars, a few of the Tokyo tracks in the dark, music pumping, track announcer doing their thing.

Yeah I want that more than the likes of Silverstone, the Bentley GT3 etc.

No 918, no 812, no Chiron, no C8 Corvette, no E60 M5 (seriously?!?), no new BMWs (M5, M8, M3/M4), no 992 Turbo S, no new Tesla models (Tesla Model S Plaid)? Seriously PD?
Simple fact of the matter is PD is not a big enough studio for the ambitions they have for Gran Turismo. They're destined to disappoint somebody no matter what choices they make in terms of cars to include, because they just don't have the staff to include everything.

Better to enjoy what they do include than complain about what they haven't.

Last edited:
Back