Here's Every New Car Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 363 comments
I’m pretty stoked about the Radical being in the game, that’s an awesome car for a one make series.

2011-radical-sr3-sl-8_800x0w.jpg

Last edited:
No it isn't. Quite the opposite.

Yes I remember, 3 months to create a GTSport model. And I confirm what I said.

GT5/6 used the GT4 base to upgrade into PS3 the unfamous "standard" cars. GT5 added some 270 premium, and GT6 added 180 ones to the GT5 base.
Previous GT took 6 months to model a 3D, but with few addition in a existing database. And working in 3D modelling, Im pretty sure "6 months" was the processus to install the first models into a database.
Comparate with GTSport/GT7, where we have 3 months to model a car. But they had to create 400 ones minimum (GT7 next dlc will add other cars).

Not looking very good. But it's not a surprise with PD. Their priorities will always be graphics and gimmicks.

I had cautious optimism for this game, but it's starting to give out that same weird mix of it being amazing and lackluster at the same time. It's definitely Gran Turismo.

Not looking very good. But it's not a surprise with PD. Their priorities will always be graphics and gimmicks.

I had cautious optimism for this game, but it's starting to give out that same weird mix of it being amazing and lackluster at the same time. It's definitely Gran Turismo.
Blame those dang World Tour players that brought their PS2s to the WT event. Kaz probably had a different vision, until that fateful day. :sly:

Did everybody forget that car/track updates are coming to GT7, or what?

I, for one, feel pretty damn happy that GT Sport's car list is now joined by a combination of all-new cars like the Testarossa and returning cars like the Autobianchi A112 Abarth. And that's before we consider cars that will be added in updates, with maybe some being added on day one like we saw with GT6. (I think GTS had some cars added in a day-one update, too, didn't it?)

Like, really, I wanted that early-10s RX-8 so badly. Now all we need is the return of the pre-facelift Type S model that was a premium in the PS3 era.

Last edited:
Like, really, I wanted that early-10s RX-8 so badly. Now all we need is the return of the pre-facelift Type S model that was a premium in the PS3 era.

Yea hopefully the Type S model returns as you said it was a premium model in GT6, but my question to you is are going to keep the stock Renesis motor or swap it for a 13B. 🤔

Yea hopefully the Type S model returns as you said it was a premium model in GT6, but my question to you is are going to keep the stock Renesis motor or swap it for a 13B. 🤔
Yes and no. I plan to get at least two of most cars in the game. One to leave as-stock, and another to modify as much as I'd like.

Nice new additions from Ferrari and Porsche, (personal taste).But It seems Polyphony is avoiding (just joking) to include my favourite models from Lamborghini. Now we have Countach LP400 and 25th anniversary which is cool, but the ones I love are LP400s, LP500S and LP5000QV. Diablo GT is perhaps the best one at the track, but the ugliest in my opinion, I would have prefered earlier and slower Diablo VT, SV, SE30 or Diablo 6.0. Chances are that we would get some of these in future updates along with some Gallardos, Espada or even the Jalpa..but nothing is for sure.
THIS!!! 👆!

Nice new additions from Ferrari and Porsche, (personal taste).But It seems Polyphony is avoiding (just joking) to include my favourite models from Lamborghini. Now we have Countach LP400 and 25th anniversary which is cool, but the ones I love are LP400s, LP500S and LP5000QV. Diablo GT is perhaps the best one at the track, but the ugliest in my opinion, I would have prefered earlier and slower Diablo VT, SV, SE30 or Diablo 6.0. Chances are that we would get some of these in future updates along with some Gallardos, Espada or even the Jalpa..but nothing is for sure.
THIS!!! I’ll even take a 1990 Diablo!

There is a small mistake in the list. Wanting to be picky, the Autobianchi A112 Abarth shown during the event in the picture scape is not a returning car, it is not a 1979 model year, like the one that appeared in GT4.

Autobianchi_A112_Abarth_%2779.jpg

Autobianchi A112 3 (2).JPG

It is in fact a 1984 Autobianchi A112 Abarth (7th generation), as can be clearly seen by the different front bumper, the red Autobianchi logo and by the different alloy wheels with a specific design. The rear of the two versions is very different, but it cannot be seen from the scapes image from GT7.

34823287_1661952370568228_2277965673575481344_n.jpg

abarth_autobianchi_a112_1984_images_1.jpg

image-11.jpg

I think of a similar situation to the Volkswagen Golf mk1, which appeared on GT Sport in a different model year than the older one appeared on GT4.

Pleased to see the Porsche 911 GT and Ferrari testarossa coming to the series and the 430 returning but definitely agree that some important recent cars are missing like the corvette c8 or 458 speciale. Or any car from lotus.

It’s good that PD brought Porsche into the fold but even the world of Porsche is much larger than shown in the game. It would have been great to have a few tuned Porsches like from singer, Gunther works, RWB or a few more RUFs.

I hope there will be much more cars coming soon as free dlc. It’s an expensive game at full price. Where I’m based (New Zealand) the digital download version costs $140, that’s silly money.. gladly the disc version can be found for a slightly less silly $110.

Serious question, why is the number of cars so important? 400 cars driven for just 1 hour on 30 tracks takes 500 days and that is before you have earned the credit to get them. If you just want to try the cars that wasn't part of Gtsport it will take 100 days.

Imho the important part is that the cars in the game needs to be interesting in their own way. Rather have 400 cars with 25 i desire than 800 with none I care about.

And let's not forget that it was a well executed tactic from PD to keep the Gtsport fresh with constant content updates. The list of cars will grow.

Simple fact of the matter is PD is not a big enough studio for the ambitions they have for Gran Turismo. They're destined to disappoint somebody no matter what choices they make in terms of cars to include, because they just don't have the staff to include everything.

Better to enjoy what they do include than complain about what they haven't.
Totally agree. While I did expect a little more, the fact that PD has already addressed the main complaints from the past (engine sound after poaching Forza's sound engineer, Standard cars getting premium treatment) show that they are doing everything to make this experience even better and as memorable as past titles. At least there are some cars that everyone (myself included) have been dreaming to have it featured on Gran Turismo, as someone mentioned earlier, and now have finally done it. RX Vision, 917K, P1 GTR (which I suggested). You name it.

Speaking of the PD's staff, from my research before and my current experience when living in Japan, it seems that Kazunori's mindset of working and Japanese culture in general, they can be quite conservative and perfectionists, especially when achieving the highest level of quality possible fro GT7. Don't forget, most companies in Japan may not be open enough to have foreign people to work for them, hence why the number of staff is relatively small staff (around 200 people I checked) in their Japan office, since most of the development were done there alongside the outsourcing from India, etc. It didn't also help with the ongoing ban for new entrants who have yet to enter to Japan due to COVID.

I have to say that later on, GT7 would become even more exciting and enjoyable with future updates, just like GT Sport post-launch. Only time will tell.

Still wish the cars from GT5 makes it in the list like the LFA.
Coudln't agree more! Alongside with that, I'm hoping PD would bring back some of those unique Premium cars that were featured in GT5 and GT6, such as Isuzu 4200R, Ferrari F430 SP1 and Cizeta V16T.

They also gotta give a premium treatment for Dome ZERO and also Mitsubishi HSR II to compliment with the 4200R (fun fact: Both HSR and 4200R were unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in '89).

Last edited:
I have been checking the car list and if you delete fictional Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.B, VGT, Touring Car variants (around +90 cars) the amount of real cars is drastically reduced.

For me is a joke to see a Gr.B GT86, Gr.B Mustang, Gr.B NSX, Gr.B GT-R...
When exist the Yaris, if Polyphony can't license the WRC at least replace the GT86 with a Gr.B version of GR Yaris.
Also why isn't any Lancia rally car? Street version of Stratos and Delta are present.

In GT Sport it's not possible to race only with LMP1 machinery and you are forced to share the track with cars like the Tomahawk, it destroys all the immersion.
If you want to recreate something similar to a touring car race, you can enter to a Gr.4 race but you already know that a Veyron is going to be on the grid.

For me is a must that VGT cars have their own separate category. And in arcade mode be able to choose AI cars.

Finally, Gran Turismo is not Gran Turismo without R390 GT1, GT-One, JGTC NSX and Suzuki Escudo PP.
Please Kaz, bring back these masterpieces together with the Lexus LFA.

Why are some people so against concept cars?

Cadillac Cien, Me Four Twelve, Jaguar Cx75, Bmw Italdesign Nazca C2, Lamborghini Italdesign Cala and various other stuff that never made it into production its cool to enjoy them in racing games.

Racing games are the only place to drive these cars.

Last edited:
Back