Here's Every New Car Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 363 comments
I’m pretty stoked about the Radical being in the game, that’s an awesome car for a one make series.

2011-radical-sr3-sl-8_800x0w.jpg
This Will be a blast to drive around the ring

For me is a joke to see a Gr.B GT86, Gr.B Mustang, Gr.B NSX, Gr.B GT-R...
When exist the Yaris, if Polyphony can't license the WRC at least replace the GT86 with a Gr.B version of GR Yaris.
I agree on the Gr.B Yaris making more sense than a GT86, but disagree on deleting the GT86. It's pointless to spend time modelling one car to replace another, time spent modelling new cars should be adding to the list, not taking things away regardless if you like it or not. The GT86 is already here, taking it out now is basically throwing countless hours of work away and is unfair to the people that do like it for the fun, "what if" novelty.

In GT Sport it's not possible to race only with LMP1 machinery and you are forced to share the track with cars like the Tomahawk, it destroys all the immersion.
To be fair on this one, all of the VGT cars in Gr.1 are specced to be the same performance as LMP1s. I'm honestly more annoyed at Gr.C cars being in the same category.

Why are some people so against concept cars?
If I were to guess, it's probably for people that are really into simulating real racing, they prefer to only use cars that actually were used in actual racing versus cars that well...haven't. They break that immersion factor when on the grid, especially when it's cars like the VGT cars as some of them go straight into science fiction or fantasy versus being something believable. Another thing is that people don't like modelling time spent on these cars that could've been spent on something that exists in real life.

With that said, I personally enjoy concept cars in racing games as they can be quite fun for games and not everything should be serious. That and another merit of concept cars in racing games is being able to explore that "what if" factor, cars that otherwise not exist due to limitations in reality whether it's scientific factors, money being an issue preventing it from being put into production, or simply not being able to exist due to restrictions put in place by governments.

I think there's a place for them to continue in GT, though I would repurpose some of them for their own events or something.

Last edited:
I personally just can't ignore the amount of fantasy cars and PD tuned cars (same thing) that exist in GT7. Without these, I counted 297 "unique" real life models (not sure if the 2017 Swift Sport Touring Car is real?). In other words, around 30% of the car list comprises VGTs, Gr. 3, Gr. 4 etc. That's a massive chunk of the overall list....

GRF
Totally agree. While I did expect a little more, the fact that PD has already addressed the main complaints from the past (engine sound after poaching Forza's sound engineer, Standard cars getting premium treatment) show that they are doing everything to make this experience even better and as memorable as past titles. At least there are some cars that everyone (myself included) have been dreaming to have it featured on Gran Turismo, as someone mentioned earlier, and now have finally done it. RX Vision, 917K, P1 GTR (which I suggested). You name it.

Speaking of the PD's staff, from my research before and my current experience when living in Japan, it seems that Kazunori's mindset of working and Japanese culture in general, they can be quite conservative and perfectionists, especially when achieving the highest level of quality possible fro GT7. Don't forget, most companies in Japan may not be open enough to have foreign people to work for them, hence why the number of staff is relatively small staff (around 200 people I checked) in their Japan office, since most of the development were done there alongside the outsourcing from India, etc. It didn't also help with the ongoing ban for new entrants who have yet to enter to Japan due to COVID.

I have to say that later on, GT7 would become even more exciting and enjoyable with future updates, just like GT Sport post-launch. Only time will tell.
Oh for sure. The fact they're getting in right at the start of the PS5 lifecycle is a good sign, I have high hopes that three-five years from now GT7 will be a fantastic automotive encyclopedia.

I’m curious how they’re handling the apparently “RM’d” cars like the Silvia and I believe a Civic. They appeared in the large grid under the “over 400 cars” text, but we didn’t see them identified anywhere in a dealership, and it would seem like they wouldn’t be separate entities but rather something you can turn the base cars into with the wide body, aero, and extensive performance upgrades.

Whether or not they are, I’m pretty sure we haven’t seen quite everything on the launch list.

in my opinion,as for the tracks, we don't have to be worried they will come SilverStone / Hockenheim and also apricot Hill and Grand Valley. (Certain sources have told me this)

I am actually a little dissapointed that the race cars are going to stay outdated. Apart from a few new (Ford GT etc) there's not any mentioning of current GT 3 or 4 cars. The R8 Evo, but nothing else really.

I hope the tuning will make it possible to get proper brakes on road cars to use them in races.

Why? The messaging has been pretty consistently "Over 400" or "420+" for months now, and it's been pretty clear that all or almost all of GT Sport's 338-vehicle car list is included in that. Nobody should have been expecting any more than 82-or-so new cars, and we already knew about 50 of them - including highly demanded new vehicles like the 917K, 991 Street Version, Carrera GT, Ferrari F8 and Focus RS, the three Vision GTs and two of the three Pebble Beach cars, and returning cars like the Castrol Supra, Pennzoil Nissan, Alfa 155 Super Touring, and Chaparral 2J.

Why would your expectations have been any higher?
GT7 launch car count number is 428, If I'm not mistaken?

Pbecause guys something they are hiding from us that's for sure, even in gran turismo sport they kept the gt League hidden from us, let me explain better, it seems to you that in almost two years of free updates how did they replicate a serious and well-built "career" mode, ditto the machines had inserted them because originally trusted they wanted to put them in gt7. now that Hockenheim and Silvertone arrive,we are all happy

Pbecause guys something they are hiding from us that's for sure, even in gran turismo sport they kept the gt League hidden from us, let me explain better, it seems to you that in almost two years of free updates how did they replicate a serious and well-built "career" mode, ditto the machines had inserted them because originally trusted they wanted to put them in gt7. now that Hockenheim and Silvertone arrive,we are all happy
I think you're clutching at straws and setting yourself for disappointment. As has been ascertained it seems GT League as we know it isn't there and the car list has been known to be 428 for a while.

I think you're clutching at straws and setting yourself for disappointment. As has been ascertained it seems GT League as we know it isn't there and the car list has been known to be 428 for a while.
Fbrother obviously we have to be a little optimistic, of course I'm super convinced but if I'm wrong the opinion remains, but on one thing I agree kaz painted this game as the best car collectibles, then go and see how many 428 cars are there .. with future updates we will reach 540 in total, in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
They kept GT League hidden from us because it didn't exist until enough people complained about the lack of campaign after the game was released 😂

Fbrother obviously we have to be a little optimistic, of course I'm super convinced but if I'm wrong the opinion remains, but on one thing I agree kaz painted this game as the best car collectibles, then go and see how many 428 cars are there .. with future updates we will reach 540 in total, in my opinion
I'm optimistic, I'm happy with everything that's been announced. I'm not expecting stuff that doesn't exist to be there at launch when we've already been told. If there's 1 or 2 surprises then cool, wouldn't be the first GT to do that but I'm also realistic in what I know and expect.

guys you are right,but if you want I can send you the article on Hockenheim and silverstone .. or trust me? do you also want gsw and apricots Hill? will come, because in January 2022 I read an article 91 tracks and now in the last trailer there are 97?

and I also have demonstrations that new tracks will be added, via the latest state of play

Last edited:
guys you are right,but if you want I can send you the article on Hockenheim and silverstone .. or trust me? do you also want gsw and apricots Hill? will come, because in January 2022 I read an article 91 tracks and now in the last trailer there are 97?
We’ll having the article for us to see/read would help, but again as famine mentioned in another thread earlier, just because it’s on the internet Doesnt mean it’s true or fact

Last edited:
We’ll having the article for us to see/read would help, but again as famine mentioned in another thread earlier, just because it’s on the internet Doesnt mean it’s true or fact
I honestly do not think that internet sites would invent ******** to make more views, but it is also true that in other areas that I follow I tell everything and more

There is a small mistake in the list. Wanting to be picky, the Autobianchi A112 Abarth shown during the event in the picture scape is not a returning car, it is not a 1979 model year, like the one that appeared in GT4.

View attachment 1111835
View attachment 1111837

It is in fact a 1984 Autobianchi A112 Abarth (7th generation), as can be clearly seen by the different front bumper, the red Autobianchi logo and by the different alloy wheels with a specific design. The rear of the two versions is very different, but it cannot be seen from the scapes image from GT7.

View attachment 1111836
View attachment 1111838

View attachment 1111839

I think of a similar situation to the Volkswagen Golf mk1, which appeared on GT Sport in a different model year than the older one appeared on GT4.
When they showed that Scapes screeshot with 112, I always said it was a later model.it is the A112 Abarth with the same interior details as the 1982 A112 Elite.The Abarth and Elite model is almost the same if not for the same substance.😉😁

I honestly do not think that internet sites would invent ******** to make more views, but it is also true that in other areas that I follow I tell everything and more
Internet sites want clicks and views to generate revenue, lots of these sites will make up information to get that revenue,

still waiting for this mythical article…

Bring it on. Doesn't mean it's true. There has been nothing to suggest that any of those circuits are in the game aside from a possible light trail of a couple corners from Apricot Hill.

Seen that same copy paste article a few times, absolutely no evidence to back up any of the claims. Been posted by a few sources.

Right first off this isn’t anything from PD or Sony, secondly I’ve never heard of them but I’m not searching the corners of the internet for every snippet of information.

“over 400 licensed cars, 30 different tracks where 11 of them are Polyphony's fantasy creations and 19 of them are official, real variants such as Suzuka, Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Hockenheim and Spa.“

So where is the 450 cars at launch bit?
Then the next bit is where you’re confused, they’re the only ones reporting silverstone and hockenheim, but what they’re actually doing is telling the reader that PD have their own fantasy tracks and that the use real world tracks “like” Suzuka and the rest, doesn’t confirm they’re in the game, suggests they have real tracks like them.

Read carefully

Last edited:
Back