Hi Res GT

• Thread starter Maldoxx
  • 6 comments
Brazil
Cascavel, Paraná
dragonsuniverse7
I was seeing the unlockables of Gran Turismo 1 at GameFAQs and i saw this:

"Hi Res GT - Beat all eight tracks in Arcade mode on any difficult"

What this Hi Res GT is supposed to be? Is it a secret car, track or something else?

It's a game mode where the game runs at 60fps instead of 30.

Because of this, you're limited to three tracks, each one having less scenery to handle the 60fps.

It's definitely a cool mode.

I thought for a moment, that this could be the secret GT Logo Car.

More than frame rate, actually higher (greater pixel density) resolution. My eyes nearly popped out my head when I won that and saw it. Incredible what PD manage to squeeze out of each console. A labour of love, and not just profit for sure (though I'm sure that comes in handy) .

GT Hi-Fi is unlockable in Arcade mode, when racing through all eight tracks, across three classes and all on "Hard" difficulty. In fact, playing throughout the mode on that difficulty, unlocks all of the additional cars that are locked, the game's ending and the GT Hi-Fi mode itself! That is when you have finished in first place, on all eight races, three times per track.

Cool thing about GT HI-FI mode is that, with track loader gamegenie code, you can run this mode on any track , and all works well with 60 fps .

So basically the three night tracks are not the only ones you can drive on :)

Need to make a video on it when I come home.

Cool thing about GT HI-FI mode is that, with track loader gamegenie code, you can run this mode on any track , and all works well with 60 fps .

So basically the three night tracks are not the only ones you can drive on :)

Need to make a video on it when I come home.

Thanks for that note!

Back