Hidden Tracks Found In GT6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by p3bucky, Mar 25, 2014.

1. p3bucky

p3bucky

Mint Sauce from NGU recently posted a list of the course data from GT6 reveling some hidden tracks.
    Here's the list of tracks he posted:

Thread: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/gran-turismo-6/723843-hidden-tracks.html

So Top Gear is still there, including the previous course maker tracks as well as the removed track from GT5 "Piazza Del Campo." There are also 2 other Will Springs courses. Hm...

[​IMG]
    Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile

[​IMG]
    Willow Springs Kart Track

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. Beat the Beat

Beat the Beat

Sounds like just leftover references from GT5, Piazza Del Campo was a Kart track before they removed it.
    Edit: Didn't see the Willow Springs tracks, that's a good sign they'll appear.

I'm surprised there aren't more names for new unpublished tracks actually, like the Matterhorn routes you can't drive. but there's two 'Route X' if that means anything.

3. adam46

adam46

Nothing mind blowing. Left over files containing the TG Test Track, which they may put in if they reach an agreement with BBC (Seems unlikely, Forza and TG are buddies for now). The Willow circuits would be nice, and Piazza Del Campo is the kart circuit taken out of GT5 because of some local flag that PD were not supposed to put in.

All the other 'unfamiliar' names are GT5 course creator destinations. Just seems like someone stating the obvious to me, I mean, most people have/had a feeling the other two Willow tracks would be in since they're already modelled.

EDIT: What @Beat the Beat said.

nick77 likes this.
  4. The Stig Farmer

The Stig Farmer

Trailer of said kart track.

5. p3bucky

p3bucky

Wow. Never knew about that in GT5 xD

Well then here's evidence that it's in GT6 :p

kolio123 likes this.
  6. The Stig Farmer

The Stig Farmer

Question is, why is the TopGear track listed twice? Because of that wet version that appeared solely in that license test?

7. mohammad

mohammad

lets hope TGTT will be back:cheers:

8. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Horse Thief Mile is quite small, looks almost like a Kart track aswell.

Also, Route X is listed twice too.

If you look at this list, it really looks quite big. These amount of tracks along with the huge car list makes me think that some people will never be happy.

9. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

We never saw the light of day on the Pikes Peak hidden track in GT5, which may be why that is #1 in the track suggestion list. I hold these kinds of lists with a grain of salt myself.

Jerome

10. vasiliflame

vasiliflame (Banned)

That's a drift track horse thief is quite large

11. wowbaggerBR

wowbaggerBR

It's just a dump file from previous iterations. Don't read too much into this.

JK83 likes this.
  12. Samus

Samus

You won't find many people complaining about the track list in GT6. It's one of the best things it has going for it.

KinLM, diegorborges, Diaz1 and 13 others like this.
  13. pyrates

pyrates Premium

The Horse Thief Mile uphill is too steep for karts I think. But great to throw a rally car around it.

Inferno251, Amac500 and NixxxoN like this.
  14. The Stig Farmer

The Stig Farmer

Horsethief is supposed to replicate a canyon road.

KinLM, Inferno251, research and 2 others like this.
  15. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

I don't think there were ingame files for Pikes Peak in GT5. Those rumours originated from an article posted by Red Bull.

16. Samus

Samus

There was an image, I believe of a PD computer with a list of tracks in Japanese. Pikes Peak was one of them. I'm sure someone can find it.

17. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

https://www.gtplanet.net/video-reveals-polyphony-digital-visitedstudied-spa-francorchamps/
    I think that's what you're talking about. But those are just reference photos used for creating the tracks (in this case probably leftovers from GT2), not actual ingame files. This list means a lot more, since this means they have actually been working on physical tracks.
    The old files (TGTT, Piazza del Campo, Course maker) are probably just leftovers, which will likely not be released. The Willow Springs variations and extra version of Route X are interesting, and I think they will end up being released (but maybe not in GT6).

Edit: Maybe some hackers will be able to access these tracks?

18. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

That would make sense, hopefully if it comes back they'll give us the option for weather and maybe time change. Though as others mention, I too believe that they are just leftovers. That still doesn't account for the 2 other versions of Willow Springs and the 2 Route Xs that are listed.

If they found the tracks, I wonder if they can find the car list and see if the missing cars from GT5(Jensen Interceptor, Ferrari F1, etc.) are listed, along with some hints as to what might be coming.

[​IMG]

Edit:

For those asking about Horse Thief Mile, here's a video showing the track. :)

Edit 2:

Here's the kart track. :)

19. twitcher

twitcher

Horse Thief Mile would be a nice addition. Great track for drifting and touge :tup:

Could one of the two Route X's possibly refer to a version of that track which uses the banked left hander that you see as you head toward the bridge?

20. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

I've never been that good at drifting, but I think Horse Thief Mile would be pretty good for track days too.

As for Route X, I think you might be right about it being a version using that banked turn.

21. JogoAsobi

JogoAsobi Premium

This is correct, I have been there. 1 mile of very steep ups & downs.

As per the Total Control Track Clinic video for motorcycles below:

The track was also featured in NFS:S2U.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    ProjectF likes this.
  22. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

I made a thread for Horse Thief Mile and the Willow Springs Kart Track a while ago in the GT Suggestions section, since I was curious as to why they had left them out. I'm glad to see they weren't ignored, but rather just couldn't fit in to time constraints.

research and JogoAsobi like this.
  23. JogoAsobi

JogoAsobi Premium

@ SnakeOfBacon, do you have a link for those in the suggestions?
    I think I may have missed them, for sure I would have voted for both.

24. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Sure!

25. JogoAsobi

JogoAsobi Premium

Done. :tup:

26. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Give me Horse Thief Mile and the open Gran Turismo arena layout.

Hot Version American Touge showdown was pretty cool, and we'd get a "proper" touge course.

And maybe I wanna play car soccer online in the Arena..

APIOQM, research and Malcolm Tucker like this.
  27. elston87

elston87

Piazza del Campo is back again in the GT6 data files? That's gotta mean it's in GT5's data files still. If only some special snowflake could leak screenshots of that; I'd bounce out of my pants to see that.

I have some sort of obsession for unused content still present within games. GT2 and GT3 were goldmines in that regard. :p

28. Samus

Samus

Pretty sure if the tracks were physically in the game hackers would have already found them. This is just a text list, nothing more.

nick77, Dude27 and JK83 like this.
  29. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Because there were 2 top gear tracks listed in GT5 too. One normal track and one with weather which was not working.

Or maybe Kaz put this list on the GT6 disc on purpose... to make us thinking about it.. you know, human drama..

30. Bremsbacke

Bremsbacke

Gran Turismo - The Real Rumor Generator