High School

Any Year 9's this year. AKA, freshmen? If so, I shall call you all turds. That's what they're called at my school. :sly: It's just a way to insult them without them getting offended and calling on the teachers. :sly:

Tips for the kids in high school:

1. High school flies by. Enjoy it while you can.
2. Don't be a douche because you'll end up being someone's bitch later in life.
3. Don't study too hard unless you actually want to be a doctor/lawyer/geek.
4. If you want to make millions in life, high school and college is not the route to take. ORLY? Yeah, really...
5. Think about retirement now.
6. Bank savings accounts are stupid, don't get one...ever!
7. Get a job now.
8. If you get bullied, bulk up and learn some MMA instead of crying in your room.
9. Good looks aren't going to get you into college
10. Join a sports team.
11. The geek with 10 AP classes will be your future boss
12. Get your driver's license and car as early as possible(kids with cars = kool kids klub)
13. Don't ACT cool, it'll make you look lame
14. Drink water, not Coke, not Pepsi, not Sprite, not Gatorade, not Monster
15. Student council is stressful. Don't ever join that
16. Eat peanuts while wearing aviator sunglasses and a leather jacket

I hated high school only because it was boring as hell. Nothing like the movies...haha

Any Year 9's this year. AKA, freshmen? If so, I shall call you all turds. That's what they're called at my school. :sly: It's just a way to insult them without them getting offended and calling on the teachers. :sly:

Not this year! Next! :lol: Missed the mark by a slight bit!

Good thing is we have an entirely new building dedicated to technology at the High School to be used by Next Years kids. (AKA Me) They have a wing dedicated to STEM, or Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. As well as an auditorium for band, an Announcement Studio (Better than the local news studio) and a Cafe. Pretty cool stuff over here. You can even get certifications for taking certain electives, like being a Nurses Assistant class will get you a Certificate that got this one person into being a part time Nurse straight out of High-School. THough that's not what I'm interested in!

Crispy
Not this year! Next! :lol: Missed the mark by a slight bit!

Good thing is we have an entirely new building dedicated to technology at the High School to be used by Next Years kids. (AKA Me) They have a wing dedicated to STEM, or Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. As well as an auditorium for band, an Announcement Studio (Better than the local news studio) and a Cafe. Pretty cool stuff over here. You can even get certifications for taking certain electives, like being a Nurses Assistant class will get you a Certificate that got this one person into being a part time Nurse straight out of High-School. THough that's not what I'm interested in!

:lol:
Damn rich towns with their high budgets and small number of old people.
I don't even have central heating... or working clocks in my school.

The only classes that interest me are the ones that I need to take at the Tech in a nearby city, there's a bus that can take the kids or you can drive either AM or PM for 4 out of the 9 periods in a day. I'd love to take Automotive Tech, but if I took that, I'd have no other opportunities left for me. When someone goes to tech and has it on their transcript here, it almost eliminated college as an option, or at least a good college. I want to be an engineer, as of now I'm thinking mechanical. This means going to tech senior year for 3 period of the day for the general engineering course, only if my GPA is like a 3.8 or something though, maybe even a 4.0. As of now I have a 3.6, so I have some work to do. Anyway, the point is that I can't take any classes that I'd get enjoyment out of right now because if I did it would screw up any plans for a high-paying job that I think I'd enjoy. I was considering going to tech anyway, but my girlfriend's dad owns a garage, does all the work himself as there are no other workers there, and he still doesn't make much, and owning and running your own garage seems like it would result in the most profit possible in the field of auto tech.

Mine does too.
We also have a "Power Mechanics" class where you work on cars and stuff.
There's another class called "Electric Vehicle" where we design and build a battery powered car then go drive it at the autocross course at Lime Rock. A few other schools do this and there's a competition to see who can do the most laps in an hour. Cowboys, does your school have a class like that?

Stop bragging. Now.

Our school had a class where you took apart a car engine, but they got rid of it my freshman year. I'm hoping to do Formula SAE at university, though.

My dad told me there's no money in auto with how the market is right now.

You'd spend almost as much on parts and tools than what you'd make.

Well considering auto jobs around here start at $12-$13 an hour which really isn't bad for someone just getting out of school sounds good to me.

I have a small engines class where you take apart ATV's etc and fix them and the like. I also have an Auto Tech class I take at a local trade school. Teachers, students, and the general public can bring their vehicles in for service at a discounted rate and we do some pretty good work. So much fun, except for the idiots that are in that class.

My dad told me there's no money in auto with how the market is right now.

You'd spend almost as much on parts and tools than what you'd make.

Well, he's a middle middle-class, and he says himself there's no money in it. (My girlfriend's dad, that is) He sells cars for customers of his as well to help make money, and since he has no other workers to pay other than the occasional son or daughter bring-along, I'd imagine that there isn't much to make in it, although people will always need their cars fixed.

English teacher gives me 75 on everything no matter WHAT!!!!!

Report card: 1st 1/4 - C 2nd 1/4 - C Midterm - C Final grade - C

:irked: :mad: :banghead:

👎 I "made" Varsity Football, as the water-boy, now I have a basketball game to go w-b at... a$$jack.;)

I just had the midyear math exam. Almost had it taken away when I was still looking it over. If only the bell dinged slightly later. Still managed to squeeze in a cromulent feeling about of checking. I think. I hope I got a good mark on it, but I'm not completely worried since I've been typically getting over 80% on most of my math exams, and on the most recent one before the midyear I got 92%. But you never know.

Naveek Darkroom
I just had the midyear math exam. Almost had it taken away when I was still looking it over. If only the bell dinged slightly later. Still managed to squeeze in a cromulent feeling about of checking. I think. I hope I got a good mark on it, but I'm not completely worried since I've been typically getting over 80% on most of my math exams, and on the most recent one before the midyear I got 92%. But you never know.

I have not once checked over a math test. Got a 97% on my mid term for geometry. Semester 1 grade was a 101%. :lol:
It comes extremely easy to me.

Well, he's a middle middle-class, and he says himself there's no money in it. (My girlfriend's dad, that is) He sells cars for customers of his as well to help make money, and since he has no other workers to pay other than the occasional son or daughter bring-along, I'd imagine that there isn't much to make in it, although people will always need their cars fixed.

Hence there will always be a job.

Just thought, in Australia the academic starts in January, so does that mean that you start each school year 3 months after we do, or 9 months before?

Just thought, in Australia the academic starts in January, so does that mean that you start each school year 3 months after we do, or 9 months before?

philosoraptor.jpg

High school? ... ? Not so good. As I said at some other point there is a new singing teacher... I met the new one and it's not so simple. In the worst way possible too. Instead of individual training it's group so there isn't any actual training or perfecting into one's voice. And the class in general has a really weird energy about it. And it makes it all so difficult. I could easily do what they're doing but I don't think it's for me.

My Maths Teacher is the one I had in Year 10. Which was probably the worst teacher I've ever had. So I may as well tick out Maths for what I should try in. My old Graphics Teacher left, unfortunately he was the coolest Graphics teacher, and certainly a very talented man (he's not only a great architect) and the new Graphics Teacher is not here for the next week because of Year 9 Camp. The school has gone mad about boundaries too. We are not allowed near anything if it's green natural, aka grass, or the tree. Half of the school is still blocked by construction, so there is nowhere to go!

But even then I still have music, and Cabbage Computers (finish work in half the time, spend the rest of the spell on GTP :sly:) to look forward to... Metal Work... Um, I'm still not getting any better at it. Just ask the cut on my arm.

My second year of high school (grade 9)

Grade 8 was very hard, and very boring. Lots of homework, all of it boring. Grade 9? Way easier. I get no homework, just the occasional project every month or so. I don't understand why grade 8 is so much harder then grade 9.

I'm also getting better marks this year. Mainly B's last year, now I'm getting all A's, I think. Not getting report cards due to teacher strike means I don't know my marks for sure.

Now starting to wrap up my 3rd year of high school, I find that the social pains of actually having to have some sort of "Date" to Juniour prom, and the pains involved have started to really irritate me. I'm not good at the whole "Chase" game, I feel I'd be a much more attractive Significant other AFTER the whole Cat-and-mouse game that is "Hitting on" a girl.

Academic-wise, I skate through AP English and AP History with A's, and typically an A in Robotics and College-Level French 1(Dual Enrollment, still on my Highschool campus). Math, however... I'm stoked when I get more than 70% on a test. I'm finding that this is the first year where I feel that I am actually learning something in my classes and need to study.

Sports- Well, Im currently doing Discus in Track, but only to stay in shape for next Football season. Hoping to be starting Left Tackle or Nose Guard this year.

Getting a date to prom is a cat and mouse game. But if you don't get one it's not the end of the world.

No one really remembers prom after 30.

Back