High School

Depends on the teacher for me. My teachers in my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd period classes don't care, but my calculus teacher doesn't allow anything but water. Today I bought a breakfast sandwich (Egg, cheese, sausage on an english muffin), and ate it while I was doing accounting work on the computer :lol:. Half the time my teacher brings a couple cheeseburgers to class so he doesn't care if we eat.

I hate that one teacher that enforces every rule as if her life depended on it, and all the others are passive.

I can totally relate. I used to get all bent out of shape about teacher like that, but I tried to look from a different perspective and then everything seemed so much easier. Instead of hating that one teacher, I tried to appreciate the other ones more. Worked like a charm. 👍

Depends on the teacher for me. My teachers in my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd period classes don't care, but my calculus teacher doesn't allow anything but water. Today I bought a breakfast sandwich (Egg, cheese, sausage on an english muffin), and ate it while I was doing accounting work on the computer :lol:. Half the time my teacher brings a couple cheeseburgers to class so he doesn't care if we eat.

My school's in a really small "town" but within walking distance there's a Tim Hortons (of course, it is Canada), a McDonalds, and an A&W. So lots of people have coffees and burgers.

gjeff12
My school's in a really small "town" but within walking distance there's a Tim Hortons (of course, it is Canada), a McDonalds, and an A&W. So lots of people have coffees and burgers.

Speaking of Canada, where is Shawnigan? I've been to BC a million times but I've never heard of that place.

I have no idea where that is, and I live in BC. I live in Burnaby. In recent news, I had the Science 8 midterm exam this morning. That wasn't too hard. It was mostly multiple choice with some written answer.

At some point I think I've complained about how much the school has restricted of the boundaries. I have generated two images to show just how much they have done so.

This first one is where a Year 12 or Year 13 (form 6 and 7) could go within the school. Note that this is a very outdated image. From maybe 2009 or 2008.

(Inside the red line). We could use all of this and go into the school corridors.

Yes, there are bits that are under construction now, that's fair enough to not let us go there. But that's only a small area. You don't need to block the field from everyone, I'm not sure if we're even allowed in some of the places shown in this image! Also, we are not allowed to go into the new parts of the school that are completed unless we're going into class. So when it's raining there is nowhere to go. As we aren't allowed in any of the corridors. Only a small sheltered area in the middle.

The measurements around the perimeter were:

2009: 2 KM
2012: 1 KM

Why!? All it's doing is pushing everyone in the school together. And also in the new school there are no trees. And there's nowhere where you can sit down and hear a word the person next to you is saying. The new school is horrible... So high school... Terrible!

Patrick
What I hate right now is we're reading Much Ado About Nothing. I don't like reading Shakespeare.

That's one of the better plays, my class performed it last year. When you spend a whole term of English lessons practising it and watching the film, you get to know it very well.

Speaking of Canada, where is Shawnigan? I've been to BC a million times but I've never heard of that place.

I have no idea where that is, and I live in BC. I live in Burnaby. In recent news, I had the Science 8 midterm exam this morning. That wasn't too hard. It was mostly multiple choice with some written answer.

It's just north of Victoria, in Cowichan. And I'm going to Burnaby tomorrow! I have field lacrosse provincials.

The Parking Nazis came after me today. I parked in the Purple Section when my pass is for the Red Section... 2 sections which are directly next to each other and have no discernible ways to tell which is which. I now owe the school $5 by tomorrow. Probably going to bring it to them in Pennies.

The Parking Nazis came after me today. I parked in the Purple Section when my pass is for the Red Section... 2 sections which are directly next to each other and have no discernible ways to tell which is which. I now owe the school $5 by tomorrow. Probably going to bring it to them in Pennies.

Sorry what do you mean By parking nazis Is your School so strict that even parking your car has something to do with school rules ?:confused::confused:

I'm home sick today, but I'm worried could have made it through the day. Overall though, I am really am sick but I had a test today and... Ughhhh, it bugs me to stay home.

English is so dull. We're reading Macbeth, but the teacher will let us get through a few sentences and go on for 5 minutes BLA BLA BLA . And the book we're reading it in has a Shakespearean-language side on one page, and translated on the other.

And we had a quiz on a question about the book, I wrote like 1 whole page and got a C+ still! I doubt she's ever given me above that. It's stressing trying to get into honors when you have a teacher everyone hates, and my report card just is straight C's for this class.

I had a two-hour delay today from random snow but my mom said I should just stay home!

My English teacher was awesome when we did Macbeth in year 9. Sometimes he had us act out the play in contemporarily (i.e. not medieval). And we spent a long time on the topic of "brewer's droop" :lol:

I'm doing Macbeth now, and my teacher is great too. We read the book, but sometimes we go off topic and do random stuff related to the book, and these last two lessons we've been watching an adaptation of it set in a resteraunt. .

I'm doing Macbeth now, and my teacher is great too. We read the book, but sometimes we go off topic and do random stuff related to the book, and these last two lessons we've been watching an adaptation of it set in a resteraunt. .

I once spent an entire lesson translating as much of it as possible into modern English. Probably the only time I've ever enjoyed an English lesson.

Sorry what do you mean By parking nazis Is your School so strict that even parking your car has something to do with school rules ?:confused::confused:

Our school restricts parking, and is extremely strict about it.
Anyway, there are two police officers who would have retired, but instead are now officers at our school at all times. They carry a badge and a gun, and the abuse their power in my opinion. Once a guy I knew was at the very edge of school property during school hours in a parking lot, sitting in his car having a cigarette. You must remember, this is at least a quarter-mile from the school, with no offices or buildings coming near it. There is a road to cross to get to this parking lot, and it is used by the public, not just the school. This one officer, the fatter, bigger one, and I mean FAT, told him it isn't allowed. He said he was almost done, and would dispose of his cigarette then. The officer pulled his gun, didn't point, just pulled out, and said are you sure? The best part is that this guy graduated and doesn't go to our school now.

I am almost in the same situation as rb26 right now. Except that I dont have as much schoolwork like he has :eek:

But I really dont know what to do anymore. I have a small group of friends which apparently is starting to dissappear. Sure, we're all potheads and all but the guys and the girls in my group mean so much to me. But I guess they are moving on to doing more drugs then having friends now Im assuming. I really dont know whats going on anymore, so now I just look at school as the typical "hell" statement.

I'm moving on to high school next year, and I was wondering... How many people here is in a magnet or IB school? I signed up for some magnet programs and had a bit of offers. Unfortunately they had no more seats for an IB school :(

gjeff12
Yeah, the BC system is messed up. You get your confidence up in grade 9 then bam! You're all the way into grade 11 with crap marks.

Oh, and what school do you go to that starts in grade 8?

Every school district can be different. We don't have middle school in my current school district. K-7 is elementry and 8-12 is high school.

My old school district (in Victoria) was K-5, 6-8, 9-12

I'm moving on to high school next year, and I was wondering... How many people here is in a magnet or IB school? I signed up for some magnet programs and had a bit of offers. Unfortunately they had no more seats for an IB school :(

I'm doing IB next year. If you started high school by taking the IGSCE course (which was in 9th grade for me), and you get at least a 3.0 GPA, you can go into IB automatically, but if you're taking the "normal" course, and you want to go into IB, you have to redo a year of 9th (or 10th) grade in the IG program.

Oh yes. Our school requires that you buy a permit to park on campus. And each permit is only good for a certain area. Park in the wrong area, you get fined.

The lady at the student store was none too happy to take my payment in the form of pennies.

School is such a joke. I fell asleep in my History Class today. "Mr. West! Would you like to take the test now, since you feel comfortable with the material enough to sleep in my class"

"Can I do that? Really? Pleaseeee give me the test. And if you can, make it worth like Double points?"

98%. Come at me bro. This was the first day of the chapter and I already aced the test. What a joke. I wonder if I can just take the final and be done?

Oh yes. Our school requires that you buy a permit to park on campus. And each permit is only good for a certain area. Park in the wrong area, you get fined.

The lady at the student store was none too happy to take my payment in the form of pennies.

School is such a joke. I fell asleep in my History Class today. "Mr. West! Would you like to take the test now, since you feel comfortable with the material enough to sleep in my class"

"Can I do that? Really? Pleaseeee give me the test. And if you can, make it worth like Double points?"

98%. Come at me bro. This was the first day of the chapter and I already aced the test. What a joke. I wonder if I can just take the final and be done?

1323062570885261.png

Happily for the students of BC, there is a pretty high chance of the teachers going on strike by next week. :D

/trollimage

If actually knowing the content of this year's lesson because we were taught essentially the same thing at least 2 times previous makes me a Bad Ass, then yes, I am. I have major swag.

Prom, gah. Im so tired of having to deal with this social pit. But because I enjoy having friends, I shall carry on unsuccessfully finding a date, since I'm a bit of an ass.

Edit:
So it turns out that the following conversation, and its subsequent actions tend to get you in trouble

"Hey, we've got time before track practice. What should we do?"

"Lets do Hot Laps around the school!"

Last edited:
People are really making me mad at school. Today I almost snapped at some people but I held it back. TGIF or else I'd flip out.

I need advice badly. There was a kid who had no friends, and a lot of people were mean to him, including me sadly (in the past). So I started to talk to him because he likes NASCAR and so do I. Well now he won't shut up about it. Yes, I like NASCAR but I don't care who crashed 15 years ago at this race or how warm the track was at Daytona. I don't want to be mean to him but all he talks about is NASCAR so how do I get it to stop?

^ If he's that into it then it will be hard for you to get him to tone it down a bit, just tell him that you aren't into it as much as he is.

My last period class is physics, after I raced my math teacher up the stairs ( I won, he was caught in traffic), I went into class and there was no teacher. After 5-10 minutes half the people had left and the rest were just staying to watch Mythbusters blow up a cement truck. Substitute teacher has an hour off now lol.

^That happens to me in French class every few weeks.
The teacher just doesn't show up for 15 minutes.
Our school has a rule where it's a study hall if they show up 20 or more minutes late.

We're reading a :censored:ty book called 'Stone Cold' at the moment.

And in Yr7 I had to watch an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet where everyone looked like a pimp and drove riced cars and had shootouts at petrol stations but talked like they were from Shakespeare's time.

Back