Historic race car cup issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arclight123
  • 32 comments
  • 4,031 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
24
Messages
Arclight123
Hi all Having problems doing this ... What car is everyone using and where did you get it from . Can't keep up with my countach ! Can't afford the 20 million needed to buy from the dealer .... Please any advice would be good
 
Get hold of a 2J if you can, back off the final gear for Cote De Azur and enjoy the race..

If your still stuck in a day or so, ill send you a 2J
 
You could win the Toyota 7 Race Car from B-Spec Like The Wind.
 
You could win the Toyota 7 Race Car from B-Spec Like The Wind.

Cheers for that however I haven't done b spec at all as I prefer to drive myself... Might have to do it after all
 
Cheers for that however I haven't done b spec at all as I prefer to drive myself... Might have to do it after all

No problem.
Alternatively, if you did want the 2J, you could always do the Birthday Glitch?
 
Get hold of a 2J if you can, back off the final gear for Cote De Azur and enjoy the race..

If your still stuck in a day or so, ill send you a 2J

Thanks for the offer that's really good of you ... Will try to sort it myself first off but might well take you up on the offer ( what's a 2j ? .... )
 
Birthday glitch ????? ( techno phobe here )

In GT5, when it's your birthday, you get a car from the year you were born.
Since the 2J is from 1970, and today is the 23rd of January.
If you made a new account with the following date of birth information, 23/01/1970, you would get a 1970 ticket.
Then you can send the ticket to your main account.
I used the Birthday glitch yesterday to get mine.
 
Chaparral 2D does the job too.
 
I personally used a Miura, a fantastic car.
Got in front in Monaco and just had fun blocking the AI.
 
Fully tuned Jensen Interceptor, racing softs, SRF on (needs tons of skill without), and you should be okay after a few retries.
 
Hi all Having problems doing this ... What car is everyone using and where did you get it from . Can't keep up with my countach ! Can't afford the 20 million needed to buy from the dealer .... Please any advice would be good

I struggled when i done this challenge also in the Countach, but if you have the money/Cr to increase its BPH and stick some racing softs on,you should win comfortably..
 
I struggled when i done this challenge also in the Countach, but if you have the money/Cr to increase its BPH and stick some racing softs on,you should win comfortably..

Ha ha. I did that can't seem to control it well enough and when I got behind .... About half way through tha first lap could not get back .... Just havento keep trying Also I could only get bhp in the high 400 s hears other have 500 plus !!!
 
If you have the necessary level to enter Indy 500 endurance, you get Jaguar XJ13 as the prize car.

Monaco is easier to win with the Countach, just make sure the 2J doesn't start in front of you.
 
i used the old '63 corvette race car, its about 750k from the ucd
 
as mentioned, chapparel 2j or 2d, miura, toyota 7 race car.

seeing that a fair amount of people stuggle at some races because they don't have the proper cars (and you can win most in b-spec) i think it's pretty smart (and annoying on the downside) from PD. This way you have to play b-spec or grind you @ss off for the right cars....
 
^ this, i also used a fully tuned cobra, worked pretty good but still was tough
 
I used a fully tuned ferrari 512bb. With no aids. I even saved a replay for bragging rights.
 
I am lost in this aswell. I have fully tuned the Countach and won quite comfortably Cote D'Azure (Monte Carlo) but the other race is just awfull. I start and arrive second in the first corner, but from there onwards I just lose time from the 1st one and after half a lap I am around 3s far from him - race lost.

It is the only race remaining before I move forward to the Extreme Series :/ Damn It. Help me guys!!
 
In GT5, when it's your birthday, you get a car from the year you were born.
Since the 2J is from 1970, and today is the 23rd of January.
If you made a new account with the following date of birth information, 23/01/1970, you would get a 1970 ticket.
Then you can send the ticket to your main account.
I used the Birthday glitch yesterday to get mine.

Once you get the ticket how do you get the system to give you the correct car? On my first try on this exploit it did not appear to have a way for me to specify what car I wanted. (I cashed in the ticket in that new second ID)
 
I used the Lambo but it's far from easy. The 2J is Definately the way to go...
 
Once you get the ticket how do you get the system to give you the correct car? On my first try on this exploit it did not appear to have a way for me to specify what car I wanted. (I cashed in the ticket in that new second ID)

You send the ticket to your main account.
Now, receive the ticket then save and backup to a USB.
Open the ticket and if it's the wrong car, recover the save from your USB.
You'll now have the ticket again.
 
I used a fully tuned ferrari 512bb. With no aids. I even saved a replay for bragging rights.

Could you show me the video pls or atleast your tune? Im not mistrusting you, I just love the 512BB but never manged to win at Deep Forrest with that car. I would love to see a onboard lap and the racing line of someone who managed to win with that car :)

I won at Monaco with a 512BB and in Deep Forrest with a Countach LP400
 
I found the Countach quick enough to win with full mods. I actually had more trouble with the Toyota 7 as it's so wickedly overpowered that it's impossible to get traction.
 
I won at Deep Forest w/ the Countach, but gave up on Cote D'Azur (came close a couple times to the 2J) ... Won the Toyota 7 Race Car and it was a cake walk ...

I play w/ TCS 1 and ABS 1, everything else off ... Just short shift coming out of the corners and you'll be fine ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back