Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Stealth Viper
6:50 pm on January 7th, 2002:

18 members on, NO MODERATORS

:confused:

So are you saying that we need more moderators? Or?

I dunno. Just pointing it out...perhaps a more scheduled sort of "shift" system would make sense.

I mean, it wouldn't have to be so rigid, and obviously there would be SOME gaps...but since we have members in many time zones we could harness that time flexibility...Does that make sense?

I dunno. Just pointing it out...perhaps a more scheduled sort of "shift" system would make sense.

I mean, it wouldn't have to be so rigid, and obviously there would be SOME gaps...but since we have members in many time zones we could harness that time flexibility...Does that make sense?

It does but doesn't assigning shifts sound a little more like work. I feel that if I am assigned to be on at a time I wouldn't enjoy GTPlanet as much as I would when I come on whenever I want.

Is that what you meant?

No...I didn't mean you had to or couldnt come on at any certain time...I meant maybe we should get some moderators in different time zones, and harness the world wide coverage of our members...

Also, we could have certain "preffered times" for mods to come on...for example, for everyone in the US Eastern timezones it could be between 12-11pm eastern time...

They could come on at any time...but those hours would be "preffered". ;)

Hmmm...a schedule...it would be a very effecient system, but I'm not sure if our moderators would like having a shift...

It would make more sense to poll the moderators as to when they tend to be on line, and make use of the geographic dispersion of members if there are large gaps. I'm sure there are plenty of people in Australia, the UK and Europe who would be willing to take on mod status to help out, were they to be asked.

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
It would make more sense to poll the moderators as to when they tend to be on line, and make use of the geographic dispersion of members if there are large gaps. I'm sure there are plenty of people in Australia, the UK and Europe who would be willing to take on mod status to help out, were they to be asked.

EXACTLY...

of course, there go my mod chances, being in the eastern time zone :( j/k ;)

I don't know about this. I am busy as it is with my part time job and school.

Do you have a job Stealth? Do you know how much work it is to have more than 3 hours of homework and have a part time job? Usually I get to bed early or I can't get up the next morning and your expecting me to be on from any time between 11pm-2am? I can barley get up for school as it is and I go to bed at 10!!

Personally I think this is a plain old stupid idea. How would you like having a schedule that says we want you to be on at 11pm to whenever? Who cares what time they or anyone wants me to come on. I come and go as I please as many of us do. I am on this site enough to do my duties of a mod.

Since you came up with this I got something for you. How about we have a member stay on all night(Thats 11pm-7am in my book) and report to the mod or admin when something goes wrong....

I nominate non other than theStealth Viper

I go to an extremeley challenging school that gives 2-5 hrs of homework a week. I work weekends and all summer.

I don't know why, but you have been EXTREMELY hostile to everything I have said recently.

You misunderstodd me, thought you understood, tries to analyze me, and came up with a dumb insult.

And I guarantee you spend a hell of a lot more time than I do. The only reason I have been on so much recently is that we are in a period of school called "short term" that only gives 1.5 hrs per night. However, this will only last 2 weeks.

Oh, did I mention working on a musical production on fridays from 3-6, Saturdays from 10-3, and Sundays from 1-6?

:rolleyes:

I go to an extremeley challenging school that gives 2-5 hrs of homework a week. I work weekends and all summer.

I don't know why, but you have been EXTREMELY hostile to everything I have said recently.

You misunderstodd me, thought you understood, tries to analyze me, and came up with a dumb insult.

And I guarantee you spend a hell of a lot more time than I do. The only reason I have been on so much recently is that we are in a period of school called "short term" that only gives 1.5 hrs per night. However, this will only last 2 weeks.

Oh, did I mention working on a musical production on fridays from 3-6, Saturdays from 10-3, and Sundays from 1-6?

:rolleyes:

First off lets go on aim this shouldn't be on GTP.

Originally posted by Tazz575

First off lets go on aim this shouldn't be on GTP(Shows what kind of member you are).
Ok I see you haven't been on. Shows that you want this to happen on GTP. It will tomorrow. I got to get to bed.

Cool down, Tazz. This argument over nothing won't be happening on GTPlanet as long as I have something to do with it (and, of course, I do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back