Hockey 2007 - 08 Thread!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by V1P3R, Oct 9, 2007.

1. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Yup it's that time of the year again!

Leaving where they left off from last year the Sharts are trying to see how bad they can get this year so I'll be going for Sens like last year...

My sis and dad got Shart season tickets once again. I am pretty much only going for this. :dopey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Wow... just wow... Someone PLEASE tell the Sharts they arn't playing horseshoes. Good [​IMG] lord...

17 Mil to "upgrade" the Shart tank? Maybe they should've used it else where... :rolleyes:

3. Kylehnat

Kylehnat Premium

Some of the taller players might have a problem with the scoreboard being that low.

4. TopHat

TopHat

:lol: Shart.

Also hockey is hella boring.

5. superberkut

superberkut

Thank God the Leafs are only playing the Sharts ONCE this year!

6. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

^lame...

7. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

How bout that... the Sharts decided to be the Sharks for once. xD

Oh my Murray put a hurt on Rick Rypien! lol

8. superberkut

superberkut

How? The Leafs aren't the greatest; only Columbus seems to be behind them.

9. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Doesn't seem like much of a gauge if you only play a team once.

10. superberkut

superberkut

Er, well, I was referring to that scoreboard picture you posted, but the antics of the Leafs are rather brutish and brutal. You are correct that a team cannot be gauged by one game against another, but that was not my initial point. Incidentally, I forgot what it was too, so I apologize.

I know John Madden is skilled, but a shorthanded goal with less than 7 minutes to go?

11. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Wow... I feel sorry for Toskala, do the Leafs suck that much? lol

12. GrumpEone

GrumpEone

Hey look on the bright side, at least the Sharks haven't gotten thier mascot stuck hanging from the rafters in a few years now, lol

13. GrumpEone

GrumpEone

Go Red Wings!! Well I'm still miss Stevie Y, but I'm very pleased at the progression of Zetterburg and Datsyuk. Hey and when did Draper start scoring so much??

14. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Wow... :lol:

15. superberkut

superberkut

Looks almost exactly like Jeremy Roenick's 500th goal. He'd want that one back.

16. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Wow... just wow.

17. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

When you watch that goal from end to end and not just from when he crosses the blue line you can really see and appreciate his speed and power. But me, I am more of an Ilya Kovalchuk fan than an Ovechkin fan.

18. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

That's nice and all but I don't think Kovalchuk would stand a chance against Ovechkin. xD

19. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

Those two are the best Russians playing in the game today and they are pretty evenly matched, both have awesome snap/wrist/slap shots, I think Ovechkin has better moves but I would say Kovalchuk has him on the speed.

20. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Oh wow! :dopey:

21. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

Great goal but kinda old

22. Silverzone

Silverzone

Wooh, Never been to a hockey game, but my fiancee won some tickets so we're going to a Dallas Stars game on Thursday.

23. JCE

JCE

I might have to start partisipating in this thread. I don't know who broadcasts our local Stars game...its hard enough trying to watch the Mavs games.

What seats are they? Going to the AAC is an experience in itself. I've always gone to the Reunion Arena before for Mavs games--the American Airlines Center just squashes it like a bug. There isn't a bad seat in the house!

24. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Sharts finally won at home, yay... free pizza too! :dopey:

25. JCE

JCE

They give you a free entre at Chili's here when the Stars score 3 or more goals. ;)

26. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

I [​IMG] hate the [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] ducks last year with red hot daggers and I [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] hate them even more this year.

I love how that [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Pronger was able to draw a slashing penalty by throwing his [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] hands up like a little [​IMG][​IMG] then 2 plays later he goes and slashes someone but doesn't get a [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] penalty out of it. :rolleyes:

Good [​IMG] job refs...

27. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

kinda mad? We need to get this thread going more :lol: its kind of a joke. By the way I would like to point out that Ilya Kovalchuk is leading the goal scoring race.

And am I the only Canadian in this thread?

28. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

It's nice and all because like you, Powripper keeps saying "iggie" is doing well but uh... What place are these teams in? xD

29. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

I only mentioned Kovalchuk because he is one of my favourite players and it makes me happy that I picked him in my hockey pools and he is producing big time. I realize most of the teams are not doing too good but my favourite team, New Jersey, has turned around that early slow start to once again being a force to be reckoned with.

30. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

The only reason why New Jersey is first is because everyone else in that league sucks ass. xD

I mean look... today New York god owned by Phoenix. :lol:

I have a friend that like them too...