Hockey 2007 - 08 Thread!

• Thread starter V1P3R
  • 227 comments
Good game by the Red wings. They really stifled the Pens Osgood looked pretty good. The Pens may have been a little tight we'll see how they play Game 2.

Red wings are 2-0. They shut out the Pens again. If the Pens don't play better this will be a short series.

Apparently they are already planning the parade in Detroit since it seems like the Wings have it locked up. I honestly don't really care if they win one way or another since I'm not really that big on hockey, but a win would be nice for the failing city that is Detroit. Blowing a 2-0 lead would be pretty pathetic but it's really not outside the Red Wings character to choke under pressure.

Choking under pressure LOL, theyve only been one of the most consistantly dominant teams in recent NHL history.

Despite the location, I'm a Maple Leafs fan, not a Pens fan, but I'm definitely cheering for the Pens to beat Detroit, it's just going to be an uphill battle, and they need to hold on to this lead tonight.

Riiiiiiighhhhhtttt.

Let us look at the Wing's track record:

02/03 - Lost in Conference Quarterfinals
03/04 - Lost in Conference Semifinals
04/05 - Fail season for the NHL
05/06 - Lost in Conference Quarterfinals
06/07 - Lost in Conference Finals

They are great in the regular season but end up sucking in the post season. Yes, they've consistently made the playoffs but they fizzle out and choke. I'm from Detroit and can't stand the team to be honest.

Are they as overrated as the Yankees then...? I think you're the first I've heard that doesn't like the wings that's from there.

Riiiiiiighhhhhtttt.

Let us look at the Wing's track record:

02/03 - Lost in Conference Quarterfinals
03/04 - Lost in Conference Semifinals
04/05 - Fail season for the NHL
05/06 - Lost in Conference Quarterfinals
06/07 - Lost in Conference Finals

They are great in the regular season but end up sucking in the post season. Yes, they've consistently made the playoffs but they fizzle out and choke. I'm from Detroit and can't stand the team to be honest.

Besides the New Jersey Devils, no team has won more Staney Cups in the past ten years, hardly choking if you ask me.

The focus is the past five years, where Detroit finished with a very high result in the season.

Pens won one, but you all knew that, right? Sidney Crosby is certainly stepping up to the occasion.

I'm glad they won. They need to win game 4 or the series is over.Malkin and Hossa need to step up.

Triple overtime? Sheesh!

I think that the Pens will force it to seven games, but the Red Wings are in too much control of the series to lose the Stanley Cup.

The Red Wings win, the Red Wings win, the Red Wings win! Get out the salami and cheese mama, this [hockey] game is over!" -Chuck Swirsky

They completely outplayed the Pens through most of the series; they deserved it.

congrats to the Red wings. Also I tip my hats to Pens for showing some heart. They could have folded but they fought back.

Back