Hockey 2007 - 08 Thread!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by V1P3R, Oct 9, 2007.

1. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Someone score already...

Someone test Turco too...

2. vr6gti72

vr6gti72

Admit it V1p3r..this is a good game.:sly:

3. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Oh hay... I don't disagree at this point, but I'm even getting [censored] tired already...

4. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Welp, It's over... BOTH teams played great. I don't have anything negative to say other than the Wings will RAPE the SARS and I hope Morrow gets wrecked.

Good Job Sharks.

5. vr6gti72

vr6gti72

Agreed. Just a fantastic effort to keep it alive.:)

6. SS69

SS69

My god no one here seems to give the Stars any respect. The Stars just knocked out two very tough teams that a lot of people were picking to win the Cup, and handled them fairly well, and you still think the Red Wings will rape them? Please. I'm sure it'll be a tough game and I would probably be a little surprised if the Stars won; but there will be no sodomizing this series.

I am a Dallas Stars fan by the way. I was actually very shocked when they got past the Ducks. I have more confidence in them now.

7. superberkut

superberkut

I think it's the name for some of us, Mike Modano for others, and the rest for bitterness for the 1999 series...

I was surprised that the Stars had gone this far; I did not track their series very well.

8. vr6gti72

vr6gti72

Turco has my respect...not feeling the rest of the team though.

9. kjb

kjb

why do that when I can ask somebody :dopey:

10. JCE

JCE

I forgot about this thread. But I predicted Dallas would do very well in this post season among my friends--and looks like its true. They do have what it takes to bring home Lord Stanley's Cup--they just have to do the near impossible in beating the Red Wings.

11. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

You know what they say about 3... erm a 4 goal lead. Wings better be careful. xD

12. superberkut

superberkut

Post-season hockey is gone from these airwaves here due to the World Hockey Championship... but what a close game between Canada and Norway!

And, those Penguins were good too.

The, 'butt-end' that Osgood allegedly doled out was clearly accidental; being a goalie myself, I can testify. Sometimes the shaft of the stick is too long, and unwary players skating too close to the net can be caught. I did that several times this year, and none were any tamer than the Detroit goalkeeper's incident. To give him a fine is lame, only retribution, for it is an established fact that players skating too close to a goalie will catch something off his equipment.

13. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

I guess the Wings were taking the day off? Only 2 goals... ? Oh well.

I guess Ribitch needs glasses? lool

14. SS69

SS69

I guess I was wrong.

15. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Oh... man that short handed goal was rediculously comical. BURN SARS... burn. lol

I found out Ribero was in a movie...

[​IMG]

Edit: Doug Wilson (gen manager) fired Ron Wilson (coach of SJ)... I'd like to fire Doug Wilson. Thanks

16. superberkut

superberkut

Dominik Hasek with two Stanley Cup rings? That's odd...

17. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Can we just end the finals and go to the Stanley cup game already? lol

18. superberkut

superberkut

Why? But, I suppose that it is rather decided... unless Osgood somehow suffers backlash from his alleged butt-end.

19. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Ott in Dodgeball...

[​IMG]

20. superberkut

superberkut

He's a pirate? Challenged? Clueless? Dynamic in character?

21. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

^Challenged will do.

Well... guess it's Choking week for the obviously stronger team. :rolleyes:

22. superberkut

superberkut

And the Pens could not sink Jeff Carter, Scottie Upshall, Scott Downie (unfortunate name), and the other dull-named Philadelphia stars... they are skilled players, but Pittsburgh appears to be the better team.

23. kjb

kjb

Does anybody think Dallas and Philly will win anymore games? I don't.

24. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Well... that was fun watching the Wings choke in HD. :rolleyes:

Go Pens.

25. superberkut

superberkut

Well, kjb, Philly maybe just one more game, but the Pens will demolish them not long after that.

So, any bets for the Stanley Cup final? I think Pittsburgh is less prone to losing it on the stretch, and would thus win the Cup if Detroit cannot finish. A strong cast of players for the former would also help.

26. kjb

kjb

The Pens look pretty strong but I think Detroit can take em. that said the Pens in seven

27. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

lol, Turco for get to take his Steriods today? Yikes...

28. superberkut

superberkut

Red Wings v. Penguins today!

I can't watch it, though...

29. V1P3R

V1P3R (Banned)

Why not?! I can. It's about [censored] time it starts. Sad we have at max 7 games of hockey left in the season. :(

30. superberkut

superberkut

I ended up doing just that, actually, My family had a get-together yesterday, but the place had a television.

On that note, the Penguins just couldn't get anything going. And what's with the swearing?