Hockey 2007 - 08 Thread!

• Thread starter V1P3R
  • 227 comments
Welp, It's over... BOTH teams played great. I don't have anything negative to say other than the Wings will RAPE the SARS and I hope Morrow gets wrecked.

Good Job Sharks.

My god no one here seems to give the Stars any respect. The Stars just knocked out two very tough teams that a lot of people were picking to win the Cup, and handled them fairly well, and you still think the Red Wings will rape them? Please. I'm sure it'll be a tough game and I would probably be a little surprised if the Stars won; but there will be no sodomizing this series.

I am a Dallas Stars fan by the way. I was actually very shocked when they got past the Ducks. I have more confidence in them now.

I think it's the name for some of us, Mike Modano for others, and the rest for bitterness for the 1999 series...

I was surprised that the Stars had gone this far; I did not track their series very well.

I forgot about this thread. But I predicted Dallas would do very well in this post season among my friends--and looks like its true. They do have what it takes to bring home Lord Stanley's Cup--they just have to do the near impossible in beating the Red Wings.

Post-season hockey is gone from these airwaves here due to the World Hockey Championship... but what a close game between Canada and Norway!

And, those Penguins were good too.

The, 'butt-end' that Osgood allegedly doled out was clearly accidental; being a goalie myself, I can testify. Sometimes the shaft of the stick is too long, and unwary players skating too close to the net can be caught. I did that several times this year, and none were any tamer than the Detroit goalkeeper's incident. To give him a fine is lame, only retribution, for it is an established fact that players skating too close to a goalie will catch something off his equipment.

Oh... man that short handed goal was rediculously comical. BURN SARS... burn. lol

I found out Ribero was in a movie...

15mjmud.png

Edit: Doug Wilson (gen manager) fired Ron Wilson (coach of SJ)... I'd like to fire Doug Wilson. Thanks

And the Pens could not sink Jeff Carter, Scottie Upshall, Scott Downie (unfortunate name), and the other dull-named Philadelphia stars... they are skilled players, but Pittsburgh appears to be the better team.

Well, kjb, Philly maybe just one more game, but the Pens will demolish them not long after that.

So, any bets for the Stanley Cup final? I think Pittsburgh is less prone to losing it on the stretch, and would thus win the Cup if Detroit cannot finish. A strong cast of players for the former would also help.

Why not?! I can. It's about [censored] time it starts. Sad we have at max 7 games of hockey left in the season. :(

I ended up doing just that, actually, My family had a get-together yesterday, but the place had a television.

On that note, the Penguins just couldn't get anything going. And what's with the swearing?

Back