Honda 2000: Hot Lap

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 84 comments
Updated my tune tonight. Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

Tune detail posted here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-5#post-9161049

Enjoy.

Updated my tune tonight. Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

Tune detail posted here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-5#post-9161049

Enjoy.
With pretty much these exact settings I ran a few more laps and got down to 1:46.6 (ABS1 only). Well done again Hami:cheers:

Any tips on gaining time on the second half of the track? As soon as I hit the 90° right hand turn at the bottom of the downhill section i lose time from there on out. Just can't seem to speed up through there.

The weight of your car maybe the issue. Sacrifice some horsepower for more weight reduction/or reduce ballast.
However, Beware of that downhill section in a light car

It was easy, I beated gold by 2 seconds.
Because of the PP limit I did:
All the upgrades except the power upgrades.
A proper suspension tune
Quite low top speed (around 240)

With a lightweight S2000 it is very easy to do. ;)
PD just gave me 2 million for nothing.... :D Nice Christmas present, quite on time too for PD's standards...

Any tips on gaining time on the second half of the track? As soon as I hit the 90° right hand turn at the bottom of the downhill section i lose time from there on out. Just can't seem to speed up through there.

Honda S 2000 '06
470PP
Parts Installed:
High RPM turbo
Fully Custom Differential 10/38/20
Fully Custom Transmission (set top speed to 149mph/240km/h)
Racing suspension soft
Racing brakes
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Ballast 27 @ 0 position
@JujiroMatsuda Could you post your tune, if any? This might help everyone here give you some pointers. If you need a tune, @Motor City Hami has a very successful tune which is working for many.

Last edited:
Honda S 2000 '06
470PP
Parts Installed:
High RPM turbo
Fully Custom Differential 10/38/20
Fully Custom Transmission (set top speed to 149mph/240km/h)
Racing suspension soft
Racing brakes
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Ballast 27 @ 0 position

What are your lap times currently? If you're close to gold, this minimal tune may help. I only turned down the Accel to 38.

I'm hitting times between 1:50 and 1:53. I don't think I'm pushing hard enough around some of the last few turns. I'll tweak some of the settings today and see what I come up with. Thanks for the tips guys :)

1.44.8xx after 2 laps with a DS3 but had a the stock setup, changed only the top speed. Maybe i can do a 1.42xxx? Tomorrow will try Hami tune.

i ran a whopping 25 consecutive red laps and i gave up.lol after about 30 mins i started to feel its impossible for me not to go off or spin on this one. i dont think i can ever gold this one so i guess i give this a pass... ;(

i ran a whopping 25 consecutive red laps and i gave up.lol after about 30 mins i started to feel its impossible for me not to go off or spin on this one. i dont think i can ever gold this one so i guess i give this a pass... ;(

Have you tried any tunes? Try Motor City Hami's tune. I did it and went from running 1:58's to getting down to 1:49. Just have to be smooth and control your speed.

Have you tried any tunes? Try Motor City Hami's tune. I did it and went from running 1:58's to getting down to 1:49. Just have to be smooth and control your speed.

ill give it a go. i usually love this type of circuit and have golded on all TT events on 1st clean laps so far but i just cant even register a lap on this one...

Build up your pace. Pick safe brake points.

Keep it clean, then your confidence will grow. Then go deeper, faster, longer. Above all have fun -

Chip away at your own best lap. Imagine you only have one car. But 30 laps to get gold... but one crash and it is over.

Just knowing that the ultimate time is much faster than the gold mark and that drivers can get gold in a stock car will take away the feeling that it is impossible - you can do it.

It is a great track to invest some time in. The car is nice as well. And Comfort tyres.

Ryk
Build up your pace. Pick safe brake points.

Keep it clean, then your confidence will grow. Then go deeper, faster, longer. Above all have fun -

Chip away at your own best lap. Imagine you only have one car. But 30 laps to get gold... but one crash and it is over.

Just knowing that the ultimate time is much faster than the gold mark and that drivers can get gold in a stock car will take away the feeling that it is impossible - you can do it.

It is a great track to invest some time in. The car is nice as well. And Comfort tyres.

build up pace gradually... hmmm, thats something i havent been doing in a long time. cheers for that, ill go back to basics.

have fun in TT events is something i long forgotten, to me those events are no longer fun - they are stressful, requires strenuous effort, patience and perseverance for having to drive with s**t tyres...

I have been working on a S2000 tune. I will have at this seasonal tomorrow night or over the weekend. Feel free to try out this tune and let me know your feedback. I am still working through the tuning physics for GT6, but with this tune I feel that I am closer to understanding which settings provide actual lap time improvements and which provide simply feel improvements.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-4#post-9156776

Used your tune and got down to 1.40.9xx. Currently ranked 9th. Added a wing to it though so I could take that downhill long sweeping right with more stability. Really easy to drive.

used Hami's tune. after 12 retries and 3 redlaps, i finally got 1 clean lap, low 1:52.6. my confidence is shatterd.

good bye Matterhorn, i probably wont see you unless i get paid $5million just to show up.

used Hami's tune. after 12 retries and 3 redlaps, i finally got 1 clean lap, low 1:52.6. my confidence is shatterd.

good bye Matterhorn, i probably wont see you unless i get paid $5million just to show up.
I tried the tune by Hami and found it dreadful. After a few laps I defaulted the settings but kept the parts used and transmission settings the same and found it much better.

I suggest others give this try and you will see far less oversteer on default settings!

I used Hami tune and it's good, maybe a bit oversteering but good, managed to do a 1.43.231 after 4 tries, then i changed to a tune of my friend HaB racing and i immediately did a 1.42.9xx and if i try a bit more i can do a low 1.42.

Btw i use a ds3 and SRF on & abs1. Other aids off.

Enjoy.
Great tune! Put it on my S2000 '06 and got a 1:58:3 on my second lap. Now can you tell me how to drive a Hudson?

I was determined to get gold without spending any money so I ran the '06 S2000 stock at 430pp. After 20 tries I managed a 1.59.2XX. Whew.

I used most of Hamis excellent setup earlier to have a go at this event, I had to change the transmission to 143mph and also added a rear wing as InitialD mentioned he had, and came up with a 1:41.855 after 15-20 laps. That tune would get me to around a 1:40.8xx if I pushed for it but nowhere near rank 1 who is on a staggering 1:39.9! Well played there! It's still an excellent tune and one that anyone could work with in my honest opinion!

I have uploaded the lap if anyone needs any ideas about lines or anything!

I used most of Hamis excellent setup earlier to have a go at this event, I had to change the transmission to 143mph and also added a rear wing as InitialD mentioned he had, and came up with a 1:41.855 after 15-20 laps. That tune would get me to around a 1:40.8xx if I pushed for it but nowhere near rank 1 who is on a staggering 1:39.9! Well played there! It's still an excellent tune and one that anyone could work with in my honest opinion!

Loooooooooool man, i just finished my lap and came here to look up for a better setup, i saw your time, searched your PSN on the times clasification and i'm just 1 position ahead of you!
I've seen that the first player is using the S2000 from 2006 so we should look for a setup on that car

Anyone know how to tune the transmission better? I cross the start line at 99-100mph but the leaders seem to be crossing at least 1-2mph faster so I'm already a little behind at the start. Not sure if its a power issue or what.

Enjoy.
I really like your tune for this TT got a 1:43.487 after 10 runs or so. May play with the gears a bit, redline on the steep downhill section. Need to clean up the last sector, overdriving those last few tight corners.

Tune is really very balanced, thanks!!!

i was annoyed with myself so i decided to face my own demon today by trying one more time on this dreadful track.

guess what? 5 laps, 4 were clean laps! on each lap i chipped away about a second off my previous best.

high 1:45.9! o_0?

slid sideways all the way down that steep downhill and had full-opposite lock on hairpin goes under the bridge, untidy but didnt redlap it.

hmmm, what did do right? yesterday i played after a long day at work with no food in my stomach. today i woke up, had a big breakfast then played.

advise #1. EAT SOMETHING BEFORE YOU DO TIME TRIAL.lol

for record, Hami's tune was wonderful, it was me just couldnt handle this track. though i added my own tune to his which made my car more easier to control.

oh, and i made my resolution down to 720p, more smoother frame rate, almost looks as if its GT5 now. im kinda guy who doesnt give a toss about graphics, i want more responsiveness.

Modified motor city hami's tune a little. Added more toe out up front and more toe in in the rear. Also added some weight so weight distribution is 51:49. Got down to 1.40.6.

It`s extreme rally tune with over 300hp
My fastet first sector is 27.678 =)

Latest Posts

Back