Honda 2000: Hot Lap

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 84 comments
Did some laps with Hami tune, 1.42.197. With this tune i can do a 1.41.5xx at maximun, should i add a spoiler?
With a DS3

I have been working on a S2000 tune. I will have at this seasonal tomorrow night or over the weekend. Feel free to try out this tune and let me know your feedback. I am still working through the tuning physics for GT6, but with this tune I feel that I am closer to understanding which settings provide actual lap time improvements and which provide simply feel improvements.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-4#post-9156776

Thanks Hami for your amazing setup.

I had just set a time of 1:59:933 to get Gold for starters but in a S2000 06, which surprisingly is slower & tougher to handle than a S2000 03 car.

With Your setting, I managed to shave off about 11 seconds with a time of 1:48:202 for a 1585 rank.

However, for those who are still trying to find more time in the car, add a little ballast.

Ballast in the middle or in the front is beneficial & may suit some over the others. Ballast in the rear is a strict no.

Tunes added to OP. If I missed yours, just let me know. Preferable in the format of your name in bold, hyperlinked to the tune, so I can just copy/paste

Weird, after the first chicane (which I managed to go full throttle through), at that next right-handler, my rear tires just lose all of their grip, regardless of throttle level. I would think that the car is going uphill, so the weight would be on those back tires, actually giving them more grip. Because that's what happens.
And on that downhill straight, I went a bit in the dirt and lost control, but I fought it, and fish tailed the whole way down. Lap was still valid. :lol::lol:

Weird, after the first chicane (which I managed to go full throttle through), at that next right-handler, my rear tires just lose all of their grip, regardless of throttle level. I would think that the car is going uphill, so the weight would be on those back tires, actually giving them more grip. Because that's what happens.
And on that downhill straight, I went a bit in the dirt and lost control, but I fought it, and fish tailed the whole way down. Lap was still valid. :lol::lol:

The first set of 3 turns right upto the downhill section is the tricky part. The left hander after the long right handed straight is very tricky. Very easy to misjudge the braking & cross all the 4 wheels onto the dirt. If during this entire portion we get the lap right, the rest is easy.

Various laps only helps us get more confidence through the 1st part of this lap.

Matterhorn's layout makes it 1 of a kind kind of a track in GT6. Love the challenge.

Even though I've set a time of 1:48:202, which is not as fast as others, am satisfied.

Updated my tune tonight. Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

Tune detail posted here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-5#post-9161049

Enjoy.
Thanks for tune 👍
I got 1:45.140 doing couple laps and thats damn good for me :)
Edit: Now at 1:44.633

Last edited:
Updated my tune tonight. Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

Tune detail posted here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-5#post-9161049

Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing your setup went from 43.3 down to 1:42.4xx with only 3 laps:cheers:

spent over an hour, only TWO valid laps i managed... i mustve did close to 100 red laps.lol
improved by about 2 seconds but not happy at all. god i hate this track...

141.762 (70th) using Hami's tune as a base, changed springs to 9 front, 7.5 rear, LSd 10/50/20
and these gears
1st 6.261
2nd 4.518
3rd 3.479
4th 2.845
5th 2.334
6th 1.943
Final 2.500 (Max speed slider is set to 230 kph)

I really enjoy this track, it's so intense trying to keep the car straight on the downhill section and braking well enough to make the left hander, such fun. :D

been sitting at 1:48.710 [SRF=OFF] for a few days now with the 'S2000 '03', possibly some more time left to get, but it is hard to keep it all together in that single lap. :nervous:

I really enjoy this track, it's so intense trying to keep the car straight on the downhill section and braking well enough to make the left hander, such fun. :D

been sitting at 1:48.710 [SRF=OFF] for a few days now with the 'S2000 '03', possibly some more time left to get, but it is hard to keep it all together in that single lap. :nervous:

You can do it, with Hami tune i did a 1.46.high on srf off (with a ds3). Than i realized i could use srf and... 1.42.xxx after few laps.

I lose a lot of time just in the first chicane. Can't seem to get it right. Any advice?

Don't go on 6th gear, brake 20-30 meters before first corner, cut with 2 wheels the first corner and don't go full throttle, cut also with 2 wheels 2nd corner, then just go full pedal on the last "corner". Hope this is helpful

Don't go on 6th gear, brake 20-30 meters before first corner, cut with 2 wheels the first corner and don't go full throttle, cut also with 2 wheels 2nd corner, then just go full pedal on the last "corner". Hope this is helpful

Thanks. I'm on a 1:40.7xx and most of the time when I cut the 2nd corner I get bounced out to the right side which is not a good setup for the next two corners. Sometimes I don't slide that far over and can get it back in line, but am still losing time to the leaders' ghost because it's not the best line. Frustrating...

I did a 1:47.6 using a modified Hami tune .. I am still leaving at least a second and a half out there . The key is to link it all together until the end. That crazy first chicane can break you trying to make it through fast and clean :) At the top of the first hill there is the right hander that leads to the down hill section. I seem to leave time there as the car tends to push . I guess I should be braking earlier entering . That crazy no lift down hill section is pretty fun :)

Anyone tried the Flat Floor to help on the down hill? I know you can fit it to the prize S2000, not sure of the others.

Finally i get my gold but i must say i was to blow up with this track.... i tried many many times but the perseverancy worked !!

im glad this event is closed, i dont wana see you again Matterhorn. spent about 3 hrs on this, managed only less than 10 valid laps, which, most of those red laps ended on that first chicane, i call it mini-Eu Rouge... i either rolled my car or lost so much time on it made the rest of the lap not worth doing. this track shatters my morale, takes time to regain my performance afterwards.lol

Time I debut in this GT6 forum...

I completed this Seasonal last night. My car was the Premium-spec Honda S2000 from GT5. One of the challenges of Gran Turismo 6 is in learning new tracks. I am new to all of the Matterhorn tracks. Learning each track- including this Matterhorn Rotenboden, requires a great deal of patience and adaptation. I feared that my bone stock Honda S2000 (with an oil change) would be unable to clear a lap of the course south of 2 minutes. I even surprised myself when I eventually laid down a lap below two minutes. It was good enough for Gold and big time pay with the 200% increase I've accumulated. My only problem was trying to keep the car stable at some parts of the track. Since I am still fairly new to Gran Turismo 6, I didn't want to do any balls-out tuning of any of my cars unless I think I need to do so. Most of my modifications are mostly light unless I feel the car could benefit from some better tuning.

It was still fun doing this Seasonal and finally delivering that lap I knew I could deliver.

Time I debut in this GT6 forum...

I completed this Seasonal last night. My car was the Premium-spec Honda S2000 from GT5. One of the challenges of Gran Turismo 6 is in learning new tracks. I am new to all of the Matterhorn tracks. Learning each track- including this Matterhorn Rotenboden, requires a great deal of patience and adaptation. I feared that my bone stock Honda S2000 (with an oil change) would be unable to clear a lap of the course south of 2 minutes. I even surprised myself when I eventually laid down a lap below two minutes. It was good enough for Gold and big time pay with the 200% increase I've accumulated. My only problem was trying to keep the car stable at some parts of the track. Since I am still fairly new to Gran Turismo 6, I didn't want to do any balls-out tuning of any of my cars unless I think I need to do so. Most of my modifications are mostly light unless I feel the car could benefit from some better tuning.

It was still fun doing this Seasonal and finally delivering that lap I knew I could deliver.

If you want a good tune for these seasonal check motor city hami page. I did a 1.42.1xx with a ds3, it helps a lot the car to stabilize

Tip - if you losing the rear in the downhill sections UP shift, since you are going downhill you don't need to rev the thing to redline, that just over rotates the tires. Also you can drift some of turns, normally drifting slows you down but this car seems to like going sideways so don't fight it. I'm running without the SRF and a light tune for a touch more power. Make sure to play around with the LSD to get the power down more evenly. Also give it some front brake basis, trail braking (especially down hill) is the kiss of death, better to just feather the throttle.

This was actually fun, I normally hate this track.

Back