Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
Are there any coupes left in the US market? Not referring to sports cars or muscle cars, but genuine coupes. I can't think of any.

edit 2: I guess there are a lot of premium coupes still: BMW 4 series, 8 series, Audi A5, Mercedes E/C/S Coupes, Lexus LC/RC, Infiniti Q60

Last edited:
This new Civic looks less overstyled but it is not completely gone (the over-styling I mean).

11th Gen Leaked via patent images
honda-civic-11th-generation-design-trademark-front-three-quarters.jpg

honda-civic-11th-generation-design-trademark-driver-side.jpg

honda-civic-11th-generation-design-trademark-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Overall styling seems drastically toned down compared to the outgoing model, should help with more widespread appeal.

Wow I've seen few cars with side-profile proportions as wonky as that. The front end looks tiny and the rear looks enormous. The front detailing also still looks overly-wrought and kind of nasty. Hard pass. What happened Honda?

That being said, I'm certain they'll sell many millions and I'll be inside one via uber soon enough...

I'm no fan of the current model, but at least it tried something. That patent image makes it look like it lost the will to live.

11th Gen Leaked via patent images
honda-civic-11th-generation-design-trademark-front-three-quarters.jpg

honda-civic-11th-generation-design-trademark-driver-side.jpg

honda-civic-11th-generation-design-trademark-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Overall styling seems drastically toned down compared to the outgoing model, should help with more widespread appeal.

It's almost exactly the same as the current model but with fewer gaping orifices in the bumpers. Is it all new or just a facelift/midlife refresh?

It's almost exactly the same as the current model but with fewer gaping orifices in the bumpers. Is it all new or just a facelift/midlife refresh?

It is being referred to as the 11th generation Civic so it will be a substantial overhaul at the very least - If you compare the patent photos alongside the current model, some of the proportions have changed. In European markets, this model is expected to introduce new, electrified powertrains.

It is being referred to as the 11th generation Civic so it will be a substantial overhaul at the very least - If you compare the patent photos alongside the current model, some of the proportions have changed. In European markets, this model is expected to introduce new, electrified powertrains.

I'm guessing its a similar basic structure with perhaps a new front subframe. From the a-pillar back, the bones look about the same.

I'm pleased with this "facelift". The 10th generation, especially the Type-R is an abomination (personal opinion). Every single piece to the body of the Type-R is exaggerated.

This new model looks like it's going to be much more modest and I like that.

I'm pleased with this "facelift". The 10th generation, especially the Type-R is an abomination (personal opinion). Every single piece to the body of the Type-R is exaggerated.

This new model looks like it's going to be much more modest and I like that.

This ^

The Type R is terrible but I think the lower spec sedans and hatches look nice. The hatch even avoids that "dog doing a poo" look that many hatches fall into.

So a more conservative look for the next gen is good.

However over here you have the choice of a poor 1.8 sohc four or a 1.5 turbo four which isnt what I'd be interested in.

To my tastes you're better off with a Mazda 3 sedan hatch with a 2.5 n/a direct injected four with a real 6 spd man or auto over a crummy cvt.

But then small hatches and sedans is a slow category since most people move to an small SUV like a CHR or a RAV4.

This render doesn't look as bad as the previous Type-R but it is still a strange looking car. The exhaust is ....... mmmm ..... I don't like it.

I have to admit that I kind of like this one. There should be a 4WD available.

Back