Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
It already looks dated.

I have a bad feeling that Honda is going to drop the SI trim and instead replace it with the “SI Line” a somewhat sporty looking trim with the same neutral engine and CVT.

I doubt that honestly. The Si name is huge in North America and has been the top model here for 20+ years now. Matter of fact, somebody in my apartment complex just bought one recently. The Si is the "line" equivalent that everybody else is doing - all these "line" models are actually an effort to move downmarket because their performance models have gotten out of hand. But the Si already existed in a sporty slow below the Type R, we just never got the Type R until recently. Weirdly though Honda refuses to apply the Si name to any other model. There are actually plenty of people out there who would buy an Accord Si.

"This is it!", for me.
hYXisxIsR9aNCw3y2yJH

I dig Honda race cars(and the Honda e), but I can't deal with what they've done, lately, to the road cars.

"This is it!", for me.
hYXisxIsR9aNCw3y2yJH

I dig Honda race cars(and the Honda e), but I can't deal with what they've done, lately, to the road cars.
I'm a big fan of the American Accord, especially the 2.0. That thing is a ripper and looks like a coupe. But it's also got a really interesting and recognizable design, unlike this new Jetta

Last edited:
Internet: "The Civic looks too messy and busy, change it!"
Honda: "Here you go!"
Internet: "No, not like that"

I don't mind it. Like the most recent Jazz/Fit it signals a return for Honda to a simpler design language, so I'm on board with that. Very keen to see how the Type R looks now.

"This is it!", for me.
hYXisxIsR9aNCw3y2yJH

I'm tempted by these with a 2.4 if my Audi begins to get costly to keep on the road. However, it's quite spec sensitive and the pull of BMW still exists.

VXR
I'm tempted by these with a 2.4 if my Audi begins to get costly to keep on the road. However, it's quite spec sensitive and the pull of BMW still exists.

I owned one(TSX)for 12 years. Great little daily driver but it's really underpowered.

Even the exhaust tip surround and the painted diffuser are similar.

I've said multiple times in the past I'm not one to point out similarities because of course cars in the same segment will have overall similarities...but this is ridiculous. The Civic looks like a Chinese knockoff of the CT5, which itself is pretty bland and indistinct. That said, the Accord did have the same design feature at least two years before the CT5...so technically Cadillac is bumming it off of Honda. Hmm.

This is basically the modern EM1 which was annoyingly similar to the E46 M3, even though the EM1 came first.

Last edited:
I kinda like it, right up until I focus on that upper lip just above the grill coming off the leading edge of the hood. Something about the way it juts out there just seems odd to me.

I'll give that a pass, though, since small details like that can always stick out more on camera, especially with bright colors and studio lighting.

Oh that's pretty cool, the new Jetta is a five-door coupe apparently.

That hood design is so interesting. The only point of comparison I can think of for it any time recently is the Wrangler.

Last edited:
It might take years for this thing to grow on me. I'm sure it'll be good. I'm sure it'll drive nice. And badging aside it does look nice.

But it looks like a Volkswagen. I don't like Volkswagen. If I wanted something that looked like a VW I'd buy a VW. I want a Honda to look like a Honda, aka Japanese, aka a bit much but that's how that Japanese do things. I feel like they listened to criticisms of the Civic being overstyled and overcompensated resulting in this miserably boring thing. I like the grille and headlights which are similar to the Accord (a great looking car) but the rest is pure, unfiltered Jetta. Even the interior, no especially the interior, looks plucked straight out of something European, and not in a good way.

What is with car companies' obsession with trying to be somebody they're not lately?

Edit: @c172fccc that video is private. I just browsed their YT list, they don't even have a video on this Civic so I'm not sure how you found that lol.

Last edited:
So they release two forward looking Civics in Europe to replace it with these two. This one looks like the safe design that came before the current car.

The over design of the previous Civic is replaced by a generic looking new design, and I like it. Also the interior is beautiful. There will be a Type-R as well?

Good job, Honda. Now make a new very good looking CRX.

Back