Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Mclaren_Man
Oh my god, some people....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/yuckypreludeagain.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/Yuckyprelude.jpg

Why would you go and do that to a nice looking prelude....

It kind of looks like a 180 from the front now....

Is it just me, or is that an early '80's model? My friend had an '84, so I know a little about them, and unless that guy did an engine swap, wouldn't that car be carbureted, and putting out 98-102 hp? Kinda lame if you ask me, he should just slap on some "Type R" and "VTEC" stickers all over it to complete the "gay-ing" process.:crazy:

I think it is actually a 89-90 model prelude because it looks very similar to my car at the back, and the bonnet (hood) goes straight into the front bumper, the older models (1983 etc) had a small grille in between the bonnet and the front bumper. Dont you just love that spoiler :rolleyes:

SRV2LOW4ME
Is it just me, or is that an early '80's model? My friend had an '84, so I know a little about them, and unless that guy did an engine swap, wouldn't that car be carbureted, and putting out 98-102 hp? Kinda lame if you ask me, he should just slap on some "Type R" and "VTEC" stickers all over it to complete the "gay-ing" process.:crazy:

We cant say anything about what hes got under hood... Not all ricers are lost underhood... I hope he does feel pride in it though as he must have spent a bunch of time and money on it.

When was the last time I was nice to you? probably before you got custom avatar status...

I thought what you said sounded like a put down.

THE ED3
When was the last time I was nice to you? probably before you got custom avatar status...

I thought what you said sounded like a put down.
Actually, Honda is my favorite company, I love their engines, but i just don't like their cars that much.
And what's wrong with my avatar?

Mclaren_Man
I think it is actually a 89-90 model prelude because it looks very similar to my car at the back, and the bonnet (hood) goes straight into the front bumper, the older models (1983 etc) had a small grille in between the bonnet and the front bumper. Dont you just love that spoiler :rolleyes:

I thought the '89-'90 ('91 too if you live in Canada) had different tail lights? Red on the bottom and white/clear on top, not yellow. Atleast thats how it is in Canada, not sure about the rest of the world. Your right about the front grille though, I had forgotten about that, mid to late '80's then possibly.

The only thing I can say thats good about the car is the engine. My friends Prelude had over 350K on his engine, and it still ran good. I bet his neighbours are wishing he doesn't "drive it till it drops", it could be a while.

SRV2LOW4ME
I thought the '89-'90 ('91 too if you live in Canada) had different tail lights? Red on the bottom and white/clear on top, not yellow. Atleast thats how it is in Canada, not sure about the rest of the world. Your right about the front grille though, I had forgotten about that, mid to late '80's then possibly.

The only thing I can say thats good about the car is the engine. My friends Prelude had over 350K on his engine, and it still ran good. I bet his neighbours are wishing he doesn't "drive it till it drops", it could be a while.
Why, his neighbors don't like it?

Raghavan
Why, his neighbors don't like it?

Judging by the pictures, i'm assuming he lives in a normal neighbourhood, filled with a mix of young, middle aged, and old people. From what I see around here, if its an import and modified, no one over the age of 30 likes it, with the few exceptions, although they're mostly just older guys lying to themselves trying to be "hip".

SRV2LOW4ME

Well mine has yellow lights on the top so it must be different over there. But he has also removed all of the middle part of the rear tailights, so he could've put different lights on all together....

Still gay....

Edit: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/prelude14b.jpg

What is up with these cars, those tail lights are yuck!

THE ED3
I think I'm going to do the 9005 swap soon. The regular low beams suck.

http://www.gutterslide.com/fourthgenhatch_mirror/9005.html

Wow, I never realized the Civics headlights were that dim. Looks like an easy conversion, good luck with it. I went with the Xenon Hyper Whites in mine, and i'm pretty happy with them.

I don't mind tail light conversions, as long as its done right. I wouldn't mind the R32 brake lights, except you can still see the outline of the old ones, kinda makes it look a lil gay. I hate the simple "stick this plate over your old ones, to make them look different" because it always looks cheap. If your going to go with another cars break light set up, make sure it fits the curves of your car. Theres a guy here with 2000 Eclipse tail lights on the back of a Precidia MX3, and it looks horrible and so out of place.

I guess I'll be doing that sometime in the coming week. It does look easy. I saw those bulbs at the store the other day but I wanted to come home to check that I had the right ones in mind and I havent been back to the store yet.

THE ED3
I guess I'll be doing that sometime in the coming week. It does look easy. I saw those bulbs at the store the other day but I wanted to come home to check that I had the right ones in mind and I havent been back to the store yet.

Hmm, tell me how you go with it, Ive never realy noticed it being that bad, highbeam seems pretty aight.

Remember me saying something about muh headlights being odd earlier on in the thread?.. well 1 of them looks like the one in that link, ( 1/2 light seperated) and the other one isnt segmented at all...

strange....

let me know of your progress :)

the 9005 bulb is the bright bulb. This conversion puts the bright bulb in the low beam socket. Its pretty much like having four highbeams... The regular ones are so weak... these 9005s are 70% brighter then the 9006s.

lol.. wouldnt that make it illegle?

being uber bright? surely blinding drivers wouldnt be very fantastic... hm you should try some low powered xenon ones, there always mad, and always work with a nice high contrast quality to em.

you wanna know how much I care about being illegal? really?

I dont care one bit. they would have to pull out my headlights to prove anything and I wont let them to that.

The car is registered already. We dont smog here and there is no inspections. If I got a ticket for it I might have to change it but I just dont see a cop standing over my car at 3 in the morning taking out my headlight bulbs to see if they are right. All they could say is they are to bright but they wouldnt have proof.

If your car is lowered, it wouldn't matter anyway, cause the light wouldn't shine into on coming traffic. I drove around one night with my brights on the whole time, and didn't get flashed at once.
Just make sure they're pointed at the road, and not the sky, and you should be alright. Besides, the cop isn't going to tell you to take them out, having no lights would be worse than too much.

Anyone seen that new Honda ad on UK TV, where music people are making a car sound from a Honda. Aswell as its extras lol.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Anyone seen that new Honda ad on UK TV, where music people are making a car sound from a Honda. Aswell as its extras lol.

I think it was posted a page or two back.
Here in Canada, the coolest Honda ad i've seen is where a pit crew turn an F1 into the Civic. It still wasn't that cool though.

Still, it was better then the guy in a done up Civic waving at some old guy in a stock Civic, making for the most homo-riffic moment in commercial history.:ill:

If I dont work tomorrow I'll be buying the bulbs I need. Should just be about $20. I think I may have needed to replace them anyway without noticing it...

I might try to find some clear corners as well. I'm not really a fan of the orange/clear spilt of the stock ones.

Back