Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
lol. Im a bit sceptical about lowering muh car 2" on Aussie roads.. well NSW anyway doesnt realy compensate for lowered cars. Our roads seem to have a 2 foot crown in the middle sloping to the side. terrible terrible. Also speedhumps would be a ****e as well. I still want my car to be driveable.. maybe ill wait until you ( the ed3) does it and see if he can still drive it without leaving petrol tanks and sumps on pot-holes.

As for your lazy digi-cam... *shakes fist*

~Sp33~

EDIT: for some reason it wont subscribe me to the thread, so that i dont get notification when someone replies -_-` stupid crap.

Well, with as much as I'm paying for car insurance You'll be waiting a while for me to do anything that costs money...

I dont want to drop the car 2 inchs, but I've heard good things about progress. I could go with not so low eibach springs but they cost a bit more.

Right now I want more power...

fair enough. Im thinking 1.5" drop if i ever get around to it... Its not all that high on muh priority list tho.. i wanna get the dx light cluster and 88 bumpers. Then i want an alarm and wheels *sigh* theres a good 2 g's there *sigh*

I find I cant really make plans as I always see something new or different I want to do and I forget what I wanted to do before.

ED3 - I'd go with power/performance before cosmetic. Think of it this way, whats gonna make driving your car better for you. Something your gonna be able to feel whenever your hands are on the wheel and your foot on the floor, or something that only gives you a thrill when your walking up to your car.

Sp33 - Having to drive my poor friends around is the reason I got a 2 door. Having those second set of doors seems to make everyone think they can get in your car and ride for free. Whats worse is when people with their own cars call backseat in your car just so they don't use their gas.

With my Prelude, its no problem, because there is no back seat. Well, there is 2 small buckets back there, but you have to be a 3' tall midget with no legs. The head room can only be called that if you have no neck, and since the front seats touch the back seats, the only place for your legs is on the other seat, and no one puts their shoes up on the leather, lol.

I honestly dont care much about looks. People will make fun of me for driving an old 4 door civic no matter how cool it looks :lol:

THE ED3

I agree that those rims are old school, but I wouldn't say they'd rock on your car. They look like Pontiac Sunfire rims, only older.

But thanks for the wallpaper! I was looking for a clean looking Spoon CTR wallpaper.

If your looking for an older set of rims for your car, why not head to your local scrap/junk yard and check out what they have? A lot of time, they get cars that are right offs but with decent rims on them, OE and aftermarket. My friends dad owns the biggest around here (talk about rich), and he's gotten a couple of people I know OE and aftermarket rims for a fraction of the cost.

My boss had hubcaps on his Aztek and wanted to upgrade to the Sport rims that came on the Aztek 2 years before. The GM dealer here wanted $750 CAN, which he wasn't willing to pay, so I sent him to see my friend, and he hooked him up with a set for $140 CAN. No scratches, dents or bends.

The more I talk to you the more you sound like a walking advertisment. You do have the right idea though. I have no idea where there are pick your parts yards around here.

I should start charging companies to talk about them or something, good way of making extra cash. :)

I guess a lot of it comes from having so many friends who are constantly doing something to one of their cars. Most don't have a lot of money, so we're always on the look out for cheap ways of fixing and modding their cars, or they've come across the problems in the past, and we've solved them in one way or another.

If your looking for a scrap yard, just check your phone book under wrecking yard, or whatever and you'll find it. The only problem with them is, not a lot of Honda's end up there, so although they're great for parts, they're hard to come by, atleast in good condition. I found the back end of a CRX SiR, which didn't look like a rebadge, and a couple of old Civics and Accords in the yard once, but that was about it.

yeah I'm sure I'll be able to find what I need when I need it. Right now I have to get my work hours figured out things seem to be in a jumble right now.

I really like civic HX wheels. I like the integra mesh to. I've seen so many pics of sweet 4 doors with them on it.

I guess I'll start saving up for a wheel/tire package. I damaged my right front the other day doing donuts in a parking lot and it now has a nice ring of tread chunked out of the side. I guess its still good though.

Fenders 👎

Ouch. Atleast it was only your tire, which in most cases can be replaced fairly easily. My buddy in his '92 Baretta GTZ was doing donuts after work one night and smoked the curb pretty hard. Ended up blowing his tire, bending his rim, and breaking his front right axle and some other pieces. His wheel was actually sitting 6" out of place from where it normally sat. Cost him almost $1200 to have his friend fix it. Thats why I no longer do donuts in my own car, my dads truck on the other hand is my personal donut making device.

Anyone know why the Accord came with a 5 bolt rim and the Prelude only came with a 4? Makes it hard to shop for new rims when all the ones you want only come in a 5 bolt pattern. How expensive would it be to switch over from a 4 to a 5?

ooow .. aaaah.. :) that last ones tail lights are hot.. not too keen on the kit tho, a bit too edgy for a curvy car. that grey one the same model as yours is also very hot.

I on the other hand have been doing a bit of wreckin' yard searchin' and found muhself a pair of 88' dx tail lights ( w00t) plus the garnish ( bloody expensive bastard that was) So i spent muh weekend put'ing them on, looks great :) ill get some pics later too. It wasnt as cut and paste as i thought it was going to be, but the rewiring wasnt hard, and muh dads pretty skilled at that kinda thing, and he was happy to give a hand.

nothing better then the feeling of your car all coming together :) I was thinking maybe next that im gunna get some kinda air filter, but seeing i have absolutely no idea wat its gunna cost me.. it may not happen any time soon lol.

will post pics soon

~Sp33~

Mclaren_Man
Last night I met up with the Prelude Australia Car club. Its the first time that I had meet up with them but I have been on their forums for a couple of weeks now. Friendly bunch of people that also have nice cars :)

Here are some photos....
That last one was pimp...

Looking forward to their next cruise 👍

Heh, I've never heard of them.

Do the cruises go into the hills?

Some times I think they go through the hills but this one was just down glenelg then onto christies etc etc eventually coming back to the city. Its only a very small club and last nite was apparently one of their biggest turn outs ever! even though there was only like 12 preludes....

Its to bad I damaged the tire... Just before that I was doing a little high speed testing and found that in the short room I had the car would rather easily do 105mph. Given some more room I think It'd do 120mph and thats rather impressive for having the stock 1.5l sohc duel point fuel injected D series making a whopping 92hp and 89lb/ft.

The speed limit on the road I was testing on was only 45-55mph so doing twice that left me without much room and there was traffic about so I didnt want to mess around and throw the car away.

That finaly answers the question I never asked which is just what the heck nsw stood for...

Yeah, I guess It looks decent. It looks more like mine now.

hahaha. And yes, starting to look like yours...

Have you ever had a leak problem in your tail lights?.. i use to have the prob with the old tail lights.. and it seems these arent any better..

There have been little drops of water on the inside of both front and rear lights but it normaly went away later in the day. I told you before you could try using a small drill bit on a hard to see part if your having more the a few drops.

There is an interesting loop next to my house that goes out of town, then down a country road, then back into town and then back to where you start. I'd guess it to be 15-20 miles. If I wasnt afraid of cops and traffic I'd do some timed runs.

hmm yea i remember you saying that. When you lift your boot ( trunk) lid does the black plastic on the top of the lights sit flush or have a seal on them? coz whats happening with mine, is the waters coming off the roof, going into the trunks runoff and leading it straight behind the tail lights lol. I think i might try sealing the top of it... but as you said i might just put a hole in it

I guess I will eventually. I would think that the rollcage would give enough rigidity but the strut brace would be one step further.

It's such an amazing difference what that muffler does tacked onto that straight pipe though :eek:

Back