Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
THE ED3
I use my old screen name there. No one can ban me there ;)

I thought that screen name looked familar :lol:

~Sp33~
hehe but like you would drive an auto.. seriousley

God no, my moms mini van is the only one in our family that is auto. Sister, dad and myself all drive standard. I hate driving her van, it loses power big time after 60km thanks to its auto overdrive, and whats worse is your right leg gets the work out of its life in the city, as your left leg slowly withers away. Plus, driving my car, then going to her van, makes me feel like i'm driving a bus, and it feels like i'm going to flip over every turn I take.:nervous:

On this topic though, the Honda Oddysee isn't bad looking though, nice lines, and the brake lights look good on such a big vehicle. If I hooked up with a soccer mom, i'd hope she had one, or would probably make her buy one. Even the older 4 bangers with 2 less cylenders then the competition could out perform any V6, plus get better gas mileage.👍

You guys know the new civic hatch diesal is a 2.2L accord engine *gasp* has something like 108kw an 370nm of torque! that thing would absolutely fly.

LOL and yes after driving an auto for a while youd eventually form a limp ( one strong leg and one withered one)

THE ED3
You know what would be cool... A 3.5l oddysee V6 with accord V6 VTEC heads. That'd be some nice power...

I know they've put the V6 in the Oddysee, or atleast were planning too. Only they were talking about how it would run on 1 bank of cylenders at cruising speed. The V6 with VTEC heads though would be a cool idea, would surprise a lot of people at the light anyways.

370nm of torque in a Civic?!?! I can see it now..."Hey Bob, can I borrow your Civic on saturday? Got some stumps I need to pull out."

it'd be heavy but think of the torque you'd amke with a 3.5l vtec v6. Turbo that sucker and daaaaaaaaaamn...

I'm looking for a new steering wheel.

Go for a Spoon designed wheel. I was looking at em last night. I love the look of them, and how they still keep the wheel looking "Honda".

i was thinkin of swapping muh wheel to one of those 4 spoke ones, mines just two spoke.. the one i was looking at was an actual honda one ( had the honda badge in the middle) i think it even might have come standard on the EF civics.. well ive seen them on them anyways,

EDIT: for some reason i only seldom get emails telling me that theres a reply to this thread.. is anyone else gettin' this prob?.. its only sometimes tho. stoopy crap.

~Sp33~

ROB 256R
Pm sent. Here's a couple of pics of my Civic. It's my first experience of Honda and VTEC and i'm loving it. 👍

It's a UKDM 1.6 VTi (same as the USDM Si)

Nice Civic you got there! I've got a red hatch too, sadly not a Vti!

here she is (not a great pic quite dark)
picture200202td.jpg

The rest of the pics from that nite are here, some of my mates cars are in it!
http://www.scottishmodifiers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3781

THE ED3
I dont want to pay very much though. I think about $40 would be good.

Do ya know what kind of style your looking for? I was in PartSource a while back, and couldn't stop laughing at some of the wheels they have in there. All I could picture were these lil Civics with huge chrome flame steering wheels.

SP33 - The 3 spoke wheel that came in the late '80s Civic would look awesome in your car. I've seen them in some CRX's, and always thought they were pretty sporty.

barryl85 - Nice ride. Whats done too it? I'm assuming stereo since your trunk is up, but what else?

I have the 2 spoke oem wheel right now. I want a 3 or 4 spoke black wheel. A momo style would be nice but those things can cost a lot.

I dont have power steering so I dont want a small wheel.

No power steering? Ouch.
I drove my friends '84 'Lude, and it lacks power steering, but still had a smaller wheel. It was really only a problem when I was going slow.
The worst was driving our old 1940's International Tractor. Instead of power steering, it had the lowest gearing i've ever seen for turning. To turn left, you would have to crank the wheel around 10 times atleast, i'd have killed myself if I was using it for farm work back in the day, especially for long field work.

My Civic has the manual steering rack in it and with the big 225 tyres on the front it makes it a bit of a mission getting out of the driveway without crossing the median strip :D

However, all blinged out now:

3 spoke?.. hm i havent seen that 8/ you got a pic? it sounds pretty kewl.

Ed3: you dont have power steer?.. mines the base model and has power steer.. but missed out on A/C ~_~ which would have come in useful today which it was 38*C like.. 107*F or somethin like that... DAM HOT.

I park way out at the far end of the parking lot where not many people park so my car doesnt get hit. Still, it has almost been hit. Just today I watched some guy pull out in reverse fast as hell and almost hit in. I was crapping my pants.

So, I come out of me work place after working my ass off all day, its dark out and I walk all the way down to my car. there is a note under one of the wipers. At first I think its jsut a comment about another note I left on someone elses car the other day... I open it up and it says

"sorry, I hit your car" it gives a name and a number. Well, I'm freaking out running around the car sxeveral times looking for damage. I cant see anything because its dark and there is frost all over it. I go inside and try to call the number. Its a fake number! I'm really pissed now. I go out side, look at the car again, cant se anything, move it under some light, still cant see anything... I go inside to call the police because I have to fill out a report. Just before I dial up the cops I decide to call home. I ask my mother if she left it. She says no. I ask again, she says no. I ask a 3rd time, she starts laughing and says yes. I cant tell you how pissed I was. Not only is what she did illegal, but I would have been filling out a falce police report which is also illegal.

I was so damn pissed.

And moving on... I found out what was wrong with my lights. I had no idea there was a switch on the light switch to turn on the brights. When you turn on the lights, first click is the corner lights, second click is the low beams, then you have to pull the lever to you to turn on the brights. This turns off the low beams. I have never driven a car like this. I think its odd and stupid. Oh well though at least I dont have to drive around with the brights on anymore.

With that problem Fixed, I went and bought the lights to do the 9005 conversion. I bought 4 lights to replace the high beams at the same time. They were $10 each. The store I went to didnt have 4 ouf the same, so I bought two different sets. Two of them are lightly tented blue and the others are normal I think. They are all 9005 though so I should be set.

And moving on again, I just cant help but make impulse buys sometimes. I bought myself a 3 gauge cluster with guages for $20. They gauges are oil temp, voltage and water temp. They also light up. I'm not sure where I am going to mount them though... I was thinking in the passenger side dash just above the glove box, Moving the radio somewher else and putting them there, or making a custom box and either mounting them on top of the dash in the middle or MAYBE up top between the sun visors.

Taurine
My Civic has the manual steering rack in it and with the big 225 tyres on the front it makes it a bit of a mission getting out of the driveway without crossing the median strip :D

However, all blinged out now:

Not bad. Where'd ya get your valve cover from and for how much? I noticed mine is starting to chip paint around the bolts at the bottom, and I might start shoppin for a new one. And manual steering? :lol: Your arms are going to be in the best shape after track season.

SP33 - A/C isn't that important, especially with a 4 door, since you have 4 windows to roll down. I was actually thinking of removing mine this summer. I couldn't live without my heated seats and mirrors in the winter. Now I just need to find a way to keep my chrome shift knob warm so its not freezing my hand off when I get in, and i'd be set.

ED3 - I know how ya feel. I have buddys that like to run into the house screaming "dude, I just hit your car!" and make me run outside with them only to have them laugh in my face. Post some pics of your lights when your done with them, can't wait too see.

SRV2LOW4ME
barryl85 - Nice ride. Whats done too it? I'm assuming stereo since your trunk is up, but what else?

Well i was actually in the trunk to get some peanut m & m's at the time when the pic was snapped! :lol:

Well the 15 inch BWA rims are 195 wide so it has a great road hold with yoko's on there! I've got a Boza Racing induction kit, Crankcase breather on it no more engine mods, inside i've got an Ek9 aluminium gear knob - sony xplod cd player, Fli 6" door speakers, and four JBL 6x9's on my own made MDF shelf as the standard shelves are split in two parts!

I need to take more pics and post them up! i'll show yous my shelf and some more exterior pics!

Peanut M&Ms? I was WAY off. :lol:
Four 6x9s? Seriously? Post some pics when you can, thats crazy for a Civic.

Ok then. I did the 9005 conversion. There is a big difference now on the low beams. There isnt much of a difference now between the low and high. The high just project a little farther. The left side light is a little loose but I dont think its a problem. It was pretty easy. Anyone with an EF should do it. it makes it much better.

I ended up taking the gauges back to the store and got a refund.

I bought an apc stainless shift nob. It has a decent feel but it doesnt fit worth a crap so I'm going to take it back and put the old one back on I think. The shift boot doesnt go all the way up either.

Let us know if ya get high beams flashed at ya at all. My friends '90 CRX could use a set of 9005's for low beams too. His suck more than a hoover.
You mean the thread on your shifter is too small for the shift knob? Can be fixed by placing thin tape, or plumbers stuff around the thread, then put your knob on, and it should fit tight.

I put tape around it put it still feels sloppy. It pivots on the lever. I'll just put the old one back on there.

I didnt get any brights flashed at me driving around testing them out. I had been driving with the brights anyway and no one said anything.

Was it a universal fit shift knob?
I hate those things, when I drive my dads truck, i'll try to chirp the tires into second, and when I pull back fast, the knob pops off in my hand.
He also has a 2 foot long shifter and almost an 10" throw, which might have something to do with it.

Yeah thats what it is. it just feels nasty. Nothing is wrong with the oem unit I just wanted to dress up the inside.

Back