Honda GTP Integra World Championship - Season II Champion: NEPALII

  • Thread starter Thread starter Müle
  • 972 comments
  • 46,418 views

Grand Finale: Nurb 24H or Spa?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
paulmac2k9
im just back from the touring car at knockhill its a shame i was constantly in the 52.4s so id of been up front :sly: but i look forward to suzuka ;)

Watched it on Tv. Some good races!
Macdowell was missing in action - again!
:)
 
Oh c'mon, 6th out of 11 was good for me. Do not bring more guys in front!! :D

And thanks, MULE.
 
Last edited:
I was a disaster on the race. I had bought the car and put up its specs right before joining the lobby! No break in, no tuning whatsoever. So, yeah, it was my destiny to stay on the back:). But this is a fun car, I must say. Looking forward for Suzuka.
 
Sorry I couldnt make it today, but its only pre season.... right???? I will try to make as many races as I can but the time of day, just is not good for me.......
 
Yea I couldn't make it either. I'll be sure to make it next week though! 👍
 
so anyone put any times in yet, I have but I dont rekon im near the front pace just yet
 
I have... and my times are not exactly competitive... is there any front-runner who would share their knowledge about setting up the car for Suzuka? (Or maybe a guide for setting up a car? That could be really useful).
 
Thanks! It's amazing! It definitely drives different, but it's so fast. Within six laps I got to a 52.499 on Cape Ring Inside, which is around 0.260 faster than my fastest lap there!

I'll have to try it out at Suzuka, but I reckon it should help me quite a bit.
 
Won't be able to make this weekend race, got work till 6. Too bad I'm missing the season opener.
 
so anyone put any times in yet, I have but I dont rekon im near the front pace just yet

Qualifying times from last seasons Suzuka race are shown below:

1. nastradamus87: 2:10.890
2. Wiifreak: 2:11.117
3. R1600Turbo: 2:11.198
4. BlackIce49: 2:11.651
5. brandofo: 2:11.665
6. Magnemite: 2:12.033
7. MULE_9242: 2:12.533
8. syjones1: 2:13.188
9. bdubclub: 2:13.317
10. GTP_Johny: 2:14.035
11. GrayFox32: 2:14.657


R1600Turbo could have done a faster lap, as show by his victory in this race. I'm sure others can beat this pole time without much trouble as well, but it should give you an idea of typical lap times.

Won't be able to make this weekend race, got work till 6. Too bad I'm missing the season opener.

****** deal.
 
Had a (mostly) good race at the Cape Ring. CRI is an awesome track for these cars. I'm going to try out some laps at Suzuka with my tune and the tune that was posted on the previous page.

Looking forward to Sunday. :)
 
Yeah, me to.
 
hmm im amazed lol im running 11.4s
 
Just did a quick lap, and got a 2:13.5 with the CRI set-up on a lap that really wasn't very good.

I expect times will be similar to the ones that Nastra posted.
 
Don't know how you get fast times like that... My best is a 2:17.xx and if I push it any faster I end up in the sand!

But, more room for improvement I guess! :)
 
Jedi Joe
Don't know how you get fast times like that... My best is a 2:17.xx and if I push it any faster I end up in the sand!

But, more room for improvement I guess! :)

Practice, practice, practice fella!
I'm in the 11s but come lap 10 will be in the 12 & 13s etc etc. Two areas I always struggle with is the first 2 corners and spoon curve which is the turn before the long straight. Two very similar double apex corners which I find really hard to maximise. I tried that setup that mule posted but it's a bit soft at the front for me but it's a good starting point.
 
MÜLE_9242;5852629
Just did a quick lap, and got a 2:13.5 with the CRI set-up on a lap that really wasn't very good.

I expect times will be similar to the ones that Nastra posted.

Lucky for me that I haven't touched the car since the last season which ended with Suzuka. :cool:

I am kicking myself for not saving my settings for the rest of the tracks though. :banghead:
 
Don't know how you get fast times like that... My best is a 2:17.xx and if I push it any faster I end up in the sand!

But, more room for improvement I guess! :)

Im in the same boat, the fastest I can get is 2:16's. But Ive only practiced once and my car still isnt broken in yet so hopefully Ill be able to be competitive by sunday.
 
i did my 11.4 with my near CRI setup (with a few stabilizing tweaks) and on my th lap of testing lol (Fwd is in my blood has been since 1998 when i seen my first BTCC race ;))
 
Got 1.12.0. But my car isnt broken in yet, only got 286HP. Gotta get those extra 9HP.
 
i did my 11.4 with my near CRI setup (with a few stabilizing tweaks) and on my th lap of testing lol (Fwd is in my blood has been since 1998 when i seen my first BTCC race ;))

11.4 is fast, I'm running in the high 11's, but with more focus on keeping some rubber on the tires than outright speed. This track uses tires like Charlie Scheen uses..... uh nevermind. :)

Also I just found out I can log onto speed2 and watch all of the BTCC races, and oh my, that is the best 4 wheel series in the world, IMO.
 
lol nice to know 2011 is becoming a farse though the turbos have a huge advantage so the N/As like RML, Tech Speed and WSR have hardley any chance to win only plato can beat the turbos :sly:
 
Dear lord Suzuka eats tyres like crazy!! My lap times are not bad, but they drop way too much due to tyre consumption...
 
paulmac2k9
lol nice to know 2011 is becoming a farse though the turbos have a huge advantage so the N/As like RML, Tech Speed and WSR have hardley any chance to win only plato can beat the turbos :sly:

Was funny. I follow Plato on twitter and he called boardman a pikey, have to agree. He was obviously still upset. He did retract it the next day though. I do like it when he has a whinge.
 
Dear lord Suzuka eats tyres like crazy!! My lap times are not bad, but they drop way too much due to tyre consumption...

It's good to keep on mind that the actual race pace is much slower than what individuals run by themselves for qualifying and practice, especially the first few laps when the pack is still somewhat together. Once the cars spread out small groups of two or three cars begin putting fast laps down with the help of bump drafting. Even at this point the front runners are usually not pushing it very hard through the corners and make up for the lost time by bump drafting. This allows them save their tires while not losing much - if any - time.

Also, we are all on the same track so everyone's tires are going to feel the wrath of Suzuka.
 
#66: misterM (Maatman): matte blue/ giallo sole

bam!
 
ok, count me in MULE!

First race is looking tight as to whether I can make it or not, but hopefully I can get to most rounds :)

#36 : RIP_Welsh_Don/GTP_Welsh-Bain : Ice White/Metallic Green

Better get a car set-up and off to Japan! ;)
 
Great to have you guys join in!

I should hopefully be available after 3 EDT tomorrow if anyone wants to qualify early.
 
Back