Honda S2000 Successor or Baby NSX

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
These patent drawings were online a while ago that looks heavily influenced by the S660 and the NSX.

1290978440716202386.jpg

And then Vice President of Honda America says, “I can’t tell you anything about the ‘baby NSX’ … I could, but I’d probably get fired.”

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...e-s-absolutely-room-for-a-new-sports-car.html

I'd hope that it'd be a little more affordable than that. But, even if it is a poor man's 4C or Cayman, it'll be a success in my book. Honda needs something that's attainable and fun, the NSX isn't it for most people.

"I know! Let's take every generic supercar design, put them in one car and slap on our corporate front end design!"

Honda are on fire.

With rumours of the new GT300 programme next year, last year's CRZ/HSV/NSX mule, and this, it could have a good future in motorsport.

*shrug*

Doesn't explore even a bit of new territory looks-wise (though I admit, they're just rough sketches), and will probably come with a hybrid powertrain as the only choice. Motorsports involvement - undoubtedly heavily modified - would probably be the only area it'd have a reasonable chance of "success" at. If you could call it that.

Hopefully it will cost around $30000.

We need a cheap mid engine sport car.

That seems quite unrealistic for a little sister version of what it's suppose to be if it is in fact that. Even if it was an s2000 successor I'd say that price is laughable for a two seat mid engine rwd.

That seems quite unrealistic for a little sister version of what it's suppose to be if it is in fact that. Even if it was an s2000 successor I'd say that price is laughable for a two seat mid engine rwd.
My guess would be 370Z prices, given that it's also a 2 seater it would match well even if it goes the less weight less power route.

My guess would be 370Z prices, given that it's also a 2 seater it would match well even if it goes the less weight less power route.

Well those usually start around 35k and work their way up. My issue is that if it's sold as a mini version the price is probably more around 45k if it's going to have any remote connection the the NSX. If it's an S2000 revive, then I can see the 30-35k price range now that you bring up the Nissan, though I feel the effort in a smaller mid engine rwd car is going to cost more than you're sports car rwd front engine.

I feel like a Cayman is a more appropriate comparison even if it usually goes beyond 45k.

Well those usually start around 35k and work their way up. My issue is that if it's sold as a mini version the price is probably more around 45k if it's going to have any remote connection the the NSX. If it's an S2000 revive, then I can see the 30-35k price range.
Information is low at this point but if its a proper performance car and not a CRZ hybrid play toy it can't be cheap, cheap for a MR Sports car maybe but yeah it's not going to be like MX5 or the like.

Information is low at this point but if its a proper performance car and not a CRZ hybrid play toy it can't be cheap, cheap for a MR Sports car maybe but yeah it's not going to be like MX5 or the like.

that's my point, and anyone expecting that is looking at the wrong market for a sports car.

First off, three things:

• It's not going to be an S2K successor if it's internally thought of as 'the baby NSX' I guess (believing otherwise stems from wishful thinking I'd assume)
  • Given the position in the line-up, I'd agree that the Cayman is an appropriate competitor and the 'baby NSX' will be priced accordingly
  • I think @SlipZtrEm is right: It's going to be a hybrid - if only to get people to make the connection to Honda's new halo car, the NSX
Dunno, the design of the render isn't that bad, imho. Unexciting, yes, but at least not offensively hideous. It looks very much like a baby NSX. Would've liked an S2K successor better, though :indiff:

There will also be a mugen version of the S660 which will give 60% more power so 100hp.
Now seeing as the S660 is a kei car which has to have less than 63hp.
This mugen will not only exceed this power limit for kei cars, but will be a thing of beauty in GT7 if it is in the game and will most likely be over looked like all kei cars in GT6.

It will be the mascot of the GT7 troll cars.

I think if we're going by the perceived dimensions, it looks similar in size to that of the old second gen Toyota MR2. So i think to draw a comparison with a Porsche Cayman, or maybe something slightly bigger than a Lotus Elise, then something starting at around mid 30 grand isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I'd really like to see it as a Del Sol successor but obviously the layout is completely different, so maybe it's something the Del Sol should have been.

something starting at around mid 30 grand isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
Possible? Certainly, still seems too cheap for a hybrid MR sports car. Unless its just an econobox in a fancy dress, that is :lol:

"I know! Let's take every generic supercar design, put them in one car and slap on our corporate front end design!"

Considering that just about every car manufacturer does that, can you blame them? I overall like the design very much, and having a "baby NSX" isn't the worst thing.

I could potentially see, if it would go against the Cayman, Audi TTS, etc., it to have the Type R engine (so 2L Turbo) with a hybrid system making somewhere in the region of 400hp, combine that with a light chassis (maybe something like 1250 - 1350kg) and I think it could be very competitive!

Well, since they have a proper turbo motor in the new Civic Type R, why not use that as is as the powerplant for this little bundle of joy? It would make sense..

Plenty of room between the Civic and NSX. An NSXb would have to undecut the NSX by 20-25k. Hybrid tech will have to base it above something like the Honda Legend. NSXb would also have to be above a possible FR coupe/roadster if that is on the drawing tablet. I'd gamble: S660, Civic Type R, possible 2+2 roadster, NSXb, NSX.

S660, Civic Type R, possible 2+2 roadster, NSXb, NSX.
Only conclusion that makes sense, imho 👍

With the Cayman being the primary competitor (imho, at least), I'd say it might even make sense to have some sort of NSXb and a Type R version of some kind. Given how big the gap between the base Cayman and the Cayman GT4 is...

There are those possibilities with some form of R model. What is the NSX competition? The Huracan and 458? If that is so, NSXb might not be as affordable as we would like it to be. Might be Carrera class. Just guessing.

I do think what's throwing things off is the term "baby". To me, the S660 seems more like a "baby" NSX. An 86 is like a baby LFA. The Mercedes 190e is a baby Benz.

I'm amazed at how low the frontal area of the car is. Seriously, that thing is gorgeous. :drool:

Also, it looks smaller than it does in those renderings at the top of the page.

That looks expensive. WIth me getting the MX-5 soon, I need more information. I'd HELL YES jump ship back to my Honda days for that bad boy!

Back