Honda S660- pics of production version undisguised.

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 195 comments
Modulo S660

107.jpg
108.jpg

-> ...
The Beat, is also, an open top Two-seater.
And i still consider this thing a fusion of the modern NSX, the S2000, and the Beat.
^ But the S moniker started the open-top trend, but if I have to specific...the targa-top style was derived on the Del Sol. ;)

~> Might as well be called Honda Beat Del Sol S660. :boggled:

Why do I have the sudden urge to buy one of this in a heartbeat? Maybe it's because it looks very cool, or maybe it's because Modulo's modifications look aggressive whilst being subtle (that mini rear wing is a neat detail). That said, I would love to see what would Mugen do with a S660...

And well, I've been lurking around this thread from time to time, but I just had to speak about the Modulo S660. Overall, it's great that Honda and Daihatsu want to bring back the fun days of sporty Kei cars (Honda with the S660 and Daihatsu with the Copen Robe). Now all we need is for Suzuki to take the engine from the Celerio, put it in a sleek and small sporty body and call it, I dunno, Capuccino. I'd love that, wouldn't you?

And I guess you can't live as a Honda, if Dori-dori doesn't drive the wheels off your body. And is that an Alto I'm seeing? I'd love to see that episode unfold, yes.

Mugen's kits are getting a bit too messy for my tastes. They used to be relatively tasteful but they seem to be going for drama over function now.
I agree but i think if they were to get rid of the strakes on the vents, it wouldn't look too bad (imo).

It looks factory to me. They're limited by the design of these cars today. It looks almost like a little R8. Slab-sided skirts and front airdams don't translate too well with today's creased lines. Cars of the '80s and '90s are more square boxes than origami designs of current. Looked simpler back then.

It looks factory to me. They're limited by the design of these cars today. It looks almost like a little R8. Slab-sided skirts and front airdams don't translate too well with today's creased lines. Cars of the '80s and '90s are more square boxes than origami designs of current. Looked simpler back then.
I'd not say they're limited - I'd say modern car design gives them an option to do something simpler, rather than compete against it.

Aside from fashion changing, one reason aftermarket bodykits are no longer a big thing these days is because OEMs have pretty much out-designed them - bodykits were at their biggest when car designs were essentially fairly bland, but modern vehicles are pretty advanced in terms of aero, detailing etc.

The best thing Mugen could do with the S660, which already looks pretty good, is enhance the details - wheels, diffuser, grilles etc - but leave the shape broadly alone. Heck, they could even go down the graphics route - there was little wrong with the stripe Mugen's demo vehicles used to use:

MUGEN_BB4_KIT.jpg

Of course, I understand that such kits are optional and you can cherry-pick what you like, but it's a shame that Mugen's recent stuff seems to have been so heavy-handed in execution.

I'd not say they're limited - I'd say modern car design gives them an option to do something simpler, rather than compete against it.

Aside from fashion changing, one reason aftermarket bodykits are no longer a big thing these days is because OEMs have pretty much out-designed them - bodykits were at their biggest when car designs were essentially fairly bland, but modern vehicles are pretty advanced in terms of aero, detailing etc.

The best thing Mugen could do with the S660, which already looks pretty good, is enhance the details - wheels, diffuser, grilles etc - but leave the shape broadly alone. Heck, they could even go down the graphics route - there was little wrong with the stripe Mugen's demo vehicles used to use:

MUGEN_BB4_KIT.jpg

Of course, I understand that such kits are optional and you can cherry-pick what you like, but it's a shame that Mugen's recent stuff seems to have been so heavy-handed in execution.
Gotta fit in with the generation, I guess.

I'll gladly take one, yes, since I am aware of how the European career of the first-generation Daihatsu Copen went... First, Honda needs a whole new engine just to bypass the strict emission laws. Then, they need to find a decently-sized market of interested people who want one.
So in short, this whole story requires a truck full of salt to be taken somewhat seriously.

https://www.webcartop.jp/2015/05/9656

Use Translate if you need to

Old school top removal

These won't sell at all in Florida. In the time it took to take the top off and stow it under the hood, we would have had our torrential downpour for the day. By the time you get it onto the car, the rain would have stopped and you'd have to take it off again.

These won't sell at all in Florida. In the time it took to take the top off and stow it under the hood, we would have had our torrential downpour for the day. By the time you get it onto the car, the rain would have stopped and you'd have to take it off again.

Why put the top on when you have an umbrella?

405215_435215059864838_448770978_n.jpg

They want to bring it? Sure. Go ahead.

They better be able to justify the car costing well over $20k to start, and if its Miata money, it better be as good.

-> But don't loose hope yet! A 'bigger' S1000 is still on the pipeline.

-> What I'm curious now is that will Honda UK/Aus-NZ bring the S660 like the Beat before?

3bc538e229942dafb63000a13aed4416.jpg

$_75.JPG

;)

Latest Posts

Back