Honda to quit F1? - Now with added Brawn GP

• Thread starter darkfinal
  • 500 comments
Well, at least for the biggest surpriser of the year, ferrari, with 0 points after 3 races and losing all the chances of getting in the points because of reliability and bad team decisions. If you ask me, they have surprised me more than sutil did when overtaking hamilton, and that was jaw dropping.

Getting back on-topic here - Brawn - and it seems Ross's boys have shown up in Bahrain with some new sponsorship from Virgin. It's nothing dramatically new, but the Virgin logos on the rear wing and just behind the front tyres have been replaced by those of Branson's latest venture, Virgin Galactic.

I still think Kate's Dirty Sister might win again. She likes the new shark fin connected to her wing.

A lot of the teams are stepping up, so Brawn's are not as much of a standout. Still, they will be the one to beat, in everyones mind.(I think)

All year SO FAR and the Brawn car hasn't spun out at all, i know their diffuser helps with rear grip but, why? It must be a really smooth car or Button a really smooth driver.

Last edited:
All year and the Brawn car hasn't spun out at all, i know their diffuser helps with rear grip but, why? It must be a really smooth car or Button a really smooth driver.

:odd: All year is 3 races now? I'm sure one of them will spin out at some point but yes, they are less likely to because they have a good car....but this is all logic, do you really need to ask?

Virgin have increased interest in becoming the title sponsor for Brawn GP:
"Let's see how it goes," Branson continued. "Someone could come in and pay a silly price, and we will bow out gracefully if that happens, but we've made an offer we feel we can afford."
Sounds like he's already made up his mind; I don't think this is Branson talking with Brawn about becoming title sponsor, but more a case of the Virgin Group making an offer. After all, the Brawns are running with Virgin Galactic decals in Bahrain ...

Pardon the doble post (again), but more news has emerged with an announcement over Virgin's potential title sponsorship of Brawn expected the weekend of the Spanish Grand Prix. There is the suggestion that other parties are also interested in becoming title sponsors, but I can't find anything to suggest who those other parties might be.

I've noticed in recent races that only Jenson's rear wheels have those yellow wheel covers on them, Rubens does not. Does anyone know why this is?
I suspect its to do with the lack of spare parts or something like that but I'm interested to hear if anyone knows or can give a better educated guess.

Perhaps to help the team tell which car is who, as well the T bar on top of the air box.

You sure it's not there but in black?

It's not lack of spares - such a part changes little over a season, and would easily be present on the car. Could be down to driver preference.

The BBC commentators in the practice sessions were talking about Brawn not using them at all but I can't remember why. It might have had something to do with air flow. They were trying to get more cooling to the engine because of higher than expected temperatures.

You sure it's not there but in black?

No, as can clearly be seen here:
sunpic11.jpg

The BBC commentators in the practice sessions were talking about Brawn not using them at all but I can't remember why. It might have had something to do with air flow. They were trying to get more cooling to the engine because of higher than expected temperatures.

Possibly.
In China both cars ran without the covers, but in Australia and Malaysia they both had them on.

Could it be they are simply testing whether it really gives enough benefit and are considering ditching them? Is it more difficult for the wheel-guns to attach the wheels with them on?

Is the T-Bar an onboard Camera or a really weird aerodynamic device?

The red or yellow bit on top of the airbox ;)
I'm not sure if they house a camera though, as they still attach a camera to the side of the airbox.

Also, it helps work out which driver is which (seeing as the helmets are not always easy to see or distinguish).
Red is 1st driver, yellow is 2nd driver.

Could it be they are simply testing whether it really gives enough benefit and are considering ditching them? Is it more difficult for the wheel-guns to attach the wheels with them on?

They are banned for next year too i believe so perhaps it's an early development issue.

So, when do you people think we are going to see the new livery for Brawn GP? I was expecting Brawn to finally sport their new colours for this weekend's Spanish GP, so I'm a little bit disappointed. :(

I'm sure that there are people who like the current livery because the cars are easy to recognise and the design is simple, but I find the plain white and neon-green colours kinda boring already! :lol:

Merged with existing Brawn thread. It didn't really need it's own thread.

So, when do you people think we are going to see the new livery for Brawn GP? I was expecting Brawn to finally sport their new colours for this weekend's Spanish GP, so I'm a little bit disappointed. :(
We're still waiting on the ofifical annoucement from the Branson camp. If Virgin become the title sponsor, it's likely Brawn will run a full livery in time for Silverstone because there's only a week between Spain and Monaco and between Monaco and Turkey, but there's a fortnight between Turkey and Britain and it takes time to paint the chassis because it has to be done carefully; if the paint is applied wrongly or there is something o the bodywork, it can cost as much as half a second per lap.

I'm sure that there are people who like the current livery because the cars are easy to recognise and the design is simple, but I find the plain white and neon-green colours kinda boring already! :lol:
The longer they leave it, the more likely it will remain reatively the same as it is now simply for the purposes of making it identifiable. Virgin might want more branding, but Branson will know the power of having such a simple livery with a handful of Virgin logos.

EDIT: Also, Brawn are running white, black and yellow as their team colours. I might be red/green colour-blind, but I can tell the difference between green and yellow and they are certainly running the latter. Ross Brawn said as much when the new team was announced.

Last edited:
We're still waiting on the ofifical annoucement from the Branson camp. If Virgin become the title sponsor, it's likely Brawn will run a full livery in time for Silverstone because there's only a week between Spain and Monaco and between Monaco and Turkey, but there's a fortnight between Turkey and Britain and it takes time to paint the chassis because it has to be done carefully; if the paint is applied wrongly or there is something o the bodywork, it can cost as much as half a second per lap.
Actually there are two weeks between all those GP's you mentioned. :)

The longer they leave it, the more likely it will remain reatively the same as it is now simply for the purposes of making it identifiable. Virgin might want more branding, but Branson will know the power of having such a simple livery with a handful of Virgin logos.
I agree.

Last edited:
Actually there are two weeks between all those GP's you mentioned. :)
And I've had six vodka martinis in the past three hours. I'm honestly surprised that my posting doesn't resemble this:
Do you drink?
j.bgalkubfakjlnvSKJ>bvga.,sv .zj
So in all likelihood, if Virgin are indeed to be Brawn's title sponsor, we may well see something new and exciting for Monaco.

But damn, I was looking forward to Monaco next week ...

So in all likelihood, if Virgin are indeed to be Brawn's title sponsor, we may well see something new and exciting for Monaco.
I hope so. Personally, I'd like to see something like this as the new Brawn livery:
virgin-trains.jpg

:cool:

Also, Brawn are running white, black and yellow as their team colours. I might be red/green colour-blind, but I can tell the difference between green and yellow and they are certainly running the latter
Yes, you are right. I think I need to get my eyes checked! :guilty:

But damn, I was looking forward to Monaco next week ...
:lol: Me too!

Latest Posts

Back