Hong Kong in GT4P

I don't think it will work that way BAZZ,the only way to unlock the Hong Kong Track is to use the codes everytime you start Prologue and the track cannot be saved,so there is no save game with the Hong Kong track on it.
You will have to obtain one of the mentioned cheat devices to be able to unlock and play this track.

When it says Gymkhana i assume it means the tiny little oval track, not the concrete slab used in coffee breaks, or are they linked by a road or something?

Now I got it, the 20r60r.crs file is that tiny oval track you're talking about and it concludes all tracks used in Prologue :D
Gymkhana or 'Driving park' really is that huge parking lot with cones, and I think it's located behind Fuji speedway's pit stop, the surroundings look about the same and even that steep road leading to pit stop is there.

NurSnow, Paris Tarmac, Midfield, Las Vegas, Grand Valley, and some others have been unlocked by a French forum... I don't know much about it, but there's more information on the GT4 board, in the topic "Incredible Videos".

Atrere
NurSnow, Paris Tarmac, Midfield, Las Vegas, Grand Valley, and some others have been unlocked by a French forum... I don't know much about it, but there's more information on the GT4 board, in the topic "Incredible Videos".

true, but the files are only hidden on the japanese and asian version of "Prologue"

Polyphony001
Number one, why?

Number two, i think they normally state which region codes are for.

I am already playing GT4:P chinese version on my NA PS2 and it works fine. Just wanna to know if the code is for a specific version of the game or specific version of PS2 (PAL or NTSC). If anyone know, plz let me know. THX.

Polyphony001
Action replay two was regional but as for MAX i really don't know. I would have thought so, but i'm not sure.

Thx! I really wanna to try that track out along with other unlockable cars, but don't wanna spend $30 and find out it doesn't work. Guess I will have to wait :(

I have to use the Swap Magic to play GT4P (NTSC chinese ver.)

If I use Action Replay first then use the swap magic then use GT4P, will it work? I haven't tried it yet because I need to get Action Replay first.

But for now, I would like to know if that method could still be possible enough to work?

I want to play those hidden tracks so bad!!!

so you want to know if you can use a converter, then a cheat program and then the converted version of the game?

Hmmm, don't know much about how region converters work, but the idea amuses me all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5-R

I haven't played on the Hong Kong track, but from what I've gathered & seen (in some videos some time ago). Cars on the Hong Kong track don't have working headlights/taillights(?), so the track isn't really complete (along with dodgy AI). So its unlikely racing on the Hong Kong circuit in GT : P was intended I'd think.​

The AI is in fact dodgy: Hong Kong is a pretty hard track for the level of AI in GT4P and they keep bouncing off walls even though they go through the slower bits with just about 20 % gas! It's a good track to lap half the field with an Elise or to beat the Elise with the MX-5.
Still, I think the cars don't have the lights on because you choose a day track (NY); you can actually see the reflection of the lights though, even if they're not on. Not also does the track seem pretty finnished, IMO it looks better than any of the other ones available.

I am going to have to try this again so I can get Hong Kong and the Grand Canyon North. I tried before but was only able to get the 50htz code to work. I had an old gameshark that failed so I bought a new one and it still didnt work. Back then I could have had bad codes from the other site I was on. I will try again but I will have to find another gameshark. I was amazed how well the Pal version handled compared to the Japanese version. 👍

Back