Horizon 3 Officially Unveiled - Welcome to Australia!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 548 comments
It's about time. Better clean my XBOne then for FH3.

Could this be the FH game that I've been dreaming? Cars that have bodykit option, Motorstorm like terrain? Hyped for E3 though.

Byron Bay actually makes a load of sense to be part of Horizon 3. Not only is it one of the best parts of Australian countyside (Driving the coastal route from Melbourne to Gold Coast a couple of years ago gives me good experience), it is also in its own rights the music festival capital of Australia, with our biggest current festival, Splendour In The Grass taking place there, as well as Bluesfest and the Falls Festival, which are both major festivals.

There. That's more like it.

:D
I've played both Horizon games but they didn't seem to satisfy me. Note that I've played both on last gen X360 but they left a big impression on what FH can bring. But now this. Oh boy.

*inb4 YT/Instagram comments saying RIP GTSport, NFS2015, and more fanboy comments on comparing FH3 to GTS and NFS.

*inb4 YT/Instagram comments saying RIP GTSport, NFS2015
Well, NFS2015 basically killed itself, so the RIP is kinda fair in that regard :lol:

As for FH... I played the original and loved. The concept was awesome but it was far from fleshed out. I'm really looking forward to 3 and where the franchise will go from there. Might be that T10 eventually manages to consolidate both franchises into one, who knows.

Well, NFS2015 basically killed itself, so the RIP is kinda fair in that regard :lol:

As for FH... I played the original and loved. The concept was awesome but it was far from fleshed out. I'm really looking forward to 3 and where the franchise will go from there. Might be that T10 eventually manages to consolidate both franchises into one, who knows.
This is what turns me off on playing different games that has the same genre. Those types of comments.

Going off topic, NFS2015 was just a right step on the direction. Sure the physics may not be as FH/The Crew quality but other than the physics they did well. I'll be waiting for this year's E3 or next year.

Back to topic, I'm still not satisfied that it wasn't Japan. It's gonna be hard to get use to riding LB cars on Australia whereas NFS2015 was ok since Ventura Bay was urban. But still I'm excited about the location.

I am impressed on how Turn 10 was able to handle both franchises.

That's definitely Surfers in the top right corner there... well it does say it but having the actual layout is pretty wow! Especially with actual V8 Supercars

800px-Surfers_street_circuit.png
Where is it on the map? Having some issues locating it.

GG GT Sport

No but seriously looking forward to this, think this seems the more interesting next to GT, but that's the whole open world closed world debate.

Hope we get Porsche from the off and obviously from my profile picture a little hot hatch legend ;)

This is what turns me off on playing different games that has the same genre. Those types of comments.
Don't get discouraged by some trash talk here and there. It's part of the business, especially when it comes to competing IPs. At the end of the day, it's just some dude on the internet talking smack.
Back to topic, I'm still not satisfied that it wasn't Japan.
I was actually surprised by the amount of people who wanted the game to be set in Japan. Not like I can't see the appeal, but as far as countries with right hand driving goes, I'd say I'm pretty happy with Australia. Mostly because it lends itself well to mixing in rallying, with the rainforests and deserts and whatnot :D

Hope we get Porsche from the off and obviously from my profile picture a little hot hatch legend ;)
Well, the one thing FM/FH really is notorious for (in my book) are the DLC schemes. I'm quite confident that T10 will be bringing us some Porsche DLC (not included in the Car Pass) after some "hard negotiations with EA regarding their license". :indiff:

Snip

Well, the one thing FM/FH really is notorious for (in my book) are the DLC schemes. I'm quite confident that T10 will be bringing us some Porsche DLC (not included in the Car Pass) after some "hard negotiations with EA regarding their license". :indiff:

Yep I think you're right, to be fair we should be greatful to T10 for meeting EA demands ;)

Sigh, I just wanna drive around in 964 or 997 GT2 RS, (in a game with 350+ I know) but they're great cars and rightfully people will want them.

They better include quite a few new Porsches ... their DLC policy is bad as it is (IMHO, but I'm just some broke pleb so ...) but selling mostly the same content for the 4th time to us? That's what I consider a rip-off.
Nevertheless, I am still excited, but I just know what to expect from them and their ways of selling DLCs. :yuck:

SVX
It doesn't matter does it? Due to cross purchase if you buy one or the other, you get both.
I honestly had no idea that was a thing, because I heard "cross play" and just assumed it meant PC/Xbox players being able to play with each other and that was it. TIL.

Yep I think you're right, to be fair we should be greatful to T10 for meeting EA demands ;)

Sigh, I just wanna drive around in 964 or 997 GT2 RS, (in a game with 350+ I know) but they're great cars and rightfully people will want them.
I'm actually hoping that the 918 RSR would be in the next Porsche DLC. I haven't seen that special Porsche in the streets since The Run.
I was actually surprised by the amount of people who wanted the game to be set in Japan. Not like I can't see the appeal, but as far as countries with right hand driving goes, I'd say I'm pretty happy with Australia. Mostly because it lends itself well to mixing in rallying, with the rainforests and deserts and whatnot. :D
It's just the driving physics of FH is what made me feel like that FH3 should've been in Japan. Not to mention the appearance of bodykits in the game.

I'll be honest, I think it's mostly a done deal with EA. It's just too sweet a sales pitch for MS/T10 to not use it (again). Being a sucker for Porsche myself, I'll probably buy it again, regardless. That's not helping, I know :indiff:

I really, really want the 991 GT3 RS and the 964 Turbo, especially if they're amping up the customisation options.
They better include quite a few new Porsches ... their DLC policy is bad as it is (IMHO, but I'm just some broke pleb so ...) but selling mostly the same content for the 4th time to us? That's what I consider a rip-off.
Nevertheless, I am still excited, but I just know what to expect from them and their ways of selling DLCs. :yuck:
I'm going to be pissed if the majority of the DLCs is recycled assets from FM6. It's the one big flaw the franchise has (regardless of one's financial status, I'd think), but with 350 cars at launch, the game is at least offering enough Content to make purchasing the DLC truly optional.

It's still a rip-off, considering that you'll probably be down $150 or something if you truly want everything, but it's something, right? :lol:

Best thing I saw come out of E3, can't wait for it.

This is the type of game I thought Evolution Studios should've made, like apply those graphics to something like the fun of Motorstorm or at least make their next game like this, but of course Sony let them go.

Okay, so we know the Gold Coast is in...but whats the chances of the western part of the map containing Bathurst Mount Panorama as well. ;)

Looks great, something to look forward to for sure. But I somewhat feel the "open road" thing is getting lost in translation and it's turning into more non-serious, off-roading and 'open world' game instead.

Hardly saw the city or streets in the reveal.

I'll be honest, I think it's mostly a done deal with EA. It's just too sweet a sales pitch for MS/T10 to not use it (again). Being a sucker for Porsche myself, I'll probably buy it again, regardless. That's not helping, I know :indiff:

I really, really want the 991 GT3 RS and the 964 Turbo, especially if they're amping up the customisation options.

I'm going to be pissed if the majority of the DLCs is recycled assets from FM6. It's the one big flaw the franchise has (regardless of one's financial status, I'd think), but with 350 cars at launch, the game is at least offering enough Content to make purchasing the DLC truly optional.

It's still a rip-off, considering that you'll probably be down $150 or something if you truly want everything, but it's something, right? :lol:

Most likely, yeah. And don't be surprised if many cars are rehashes from FM6. In F6, you end up paying over $160 to enjoy the entire game if you purchased the 10-yr-ann edition.

Looks great, something to look forward to for sure. But I somewhat feel the "open road" thing is getting lost in translation and it's turning into more non-serious, off-roading and 'open world' game instead.

Hardly saw the city or streets in the reveal.

Most likely, yeah. And don't be surprised if many cars are rehashes from FM6. In F6, you end up paying over $160 to enjoy the entire game if you purchased the 10-yr-ann edition.
I wouldn't worry about that mate, going from the map there will be plenty of street roads to enjoy :)

Going off topic, NFS2015 was just a right step on the direction. Sure the physics may not be as FH/The Crew quality but other than the physics they did well. I'll be waiting for this year's E3 or next year.

Back to topic, I'm still not satisfied that it wasn't Japan. It's gonna be hard to get use to riding LB cars on Australia whereas NFS2015 was ok since Ventura Bay was urban. But still I'm excited about the location.

I am impressed on how Turn 10 was able to handle both franchises.

There's plenty of LB and stance crap here in Australia. We're not that damn different to the rest of the world.

Back