Horizon 3 Officially Unveiled - Welcome to Australia!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 548 comments
There's probably some licensing stuff if they wanted to do accurate landmarks.

And can you imagine the frame rate if they actually did urban areas.

Since FH2 had record label stations, I had a feeling that Future Classic would have their own station, and it came true haha. I don't really care for their music but they're probably Australia's biggest indie label.

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack like crazy. I loved FH2s soundtrack.

Future Classic

FUTURE CLASSIC

*flume intensifies*

I hope there's some sort of demo for the PC version. I'd like to test my recently built rig before I pull the trigger on the PC version to see how high I can push the graphics, and how it compares to the console before I pull the trigger on either.

It doesn't matter does it? Due to cross purchase if you buy one or the other, you get both.

"On PC Horizon 3 will be able to run at 4K resolution @60 fps if you have a powerful enough box" (Dan Greenawalt in that podcast posted above).

:drool: Me wants!

I knew that it would be able to run at 4K but I forgot that one would be able to push the frame rate to that degree, I don't think that Scorpio will have enough horsepower to do that unless it costs an arm and a leg. I might just build a monster PC and keep my regular fatty Xbone but then Scorpio seems promising. So many decisions! I hate/love this...

By the way Dan did a horrible job trying to explain HDR but overall the podcast was great lots of other insightful bits about Forza's simulation model.

Any idea what the "rare cars" tab is in the auction house? Possible return of unicorns?

Also 350+ish cars means were gonna see quite a bit left out. I don't mind as long as we see quite a bit of customization to make up for that. Will be interesting to see what makes it and what doesn't.

New paint option or just part of that car?
It's part of the wheels, I think. In this one, you can see the logo applied to the wheels as well - and if you could paint the wheels with decals, it wouldn't make sense to reuse an already used design.
Since ADV.1 is new to the series, I could very well imagine the game having a "Forza Horizon Edition" for the ADV5S.

Just listening to the Podcast with Matt Farrah. Now that they mentioned the rain forest... This might be the closest I'll get to do some sort of Top Gear Special myself, including weather, time of day and all of that.

/edit:
Oh, and one thing I noticed: Did Playground Games kinda absorbed into T10? Was FH3 done inhouse at T10 or something?
"On PC Horizon 3 will be able to run at 4K resolution @60 fps if you have a powerful enough box"
Running it at 4k with all the bells and whistles, at 60 FPS - what sort of monster of a PC do you need for that?! A GTX1080 x2 SLI setup? :lol:

Dunno how the performance will compare to FM6A, but that one struck me as slightly hardware hungry. Granted, by now I feel they kinda just spun FM6A off of the development process for FH3, so it might not be all that indicative.

Danger Sign Jumps, Convoys, Drift Zones, and Showcase events that pit you and against a fleet of speedboats, a giant zeppelin, and more.
Select your own driver character, customize your cars, create vanity license plates – even choose your own horn sound. Drive to the music you love choosing from eight diverse radio stations, or create a custom station using your own music collection.

More new gameplay!!

Edit: A bunch of new cars confirmed here - nothing too surprising - Skyline R34, 22B, Lancer EVO X, 13' Focus ST. Probably missed some

The lighting seems like a massive step up for Forza, looks way more realistic than ever before, and those time lapses... drool.

The lighting seems like a massive step up for Forza, looks way more realistic than ever before
Absolutely!

It still looks a little over saturated and a little too vivid in some instances, or so I feel. It makes for a beautiful look and, from what little we've seen so far, it looks gorgeous in motion (which, to me, is more important than having the most life like screenshots...) - but I suppose it might look a wee bit more realistic if one was to turn the saturation down slightly. Nothing that can't be done with SweetFX or similar tools on the PC, though :D

I used the Windows Image Composite Editor so it can stitch the map from the video.
tf5lgQc.jpg

That's definitely Surfers in the top right corner there... well it does say it but having the actual layout is pretty wow! Especially with actual V8 Supercars

800px-Surfers_street_circuit.png

How about GTPlanet Outback Runners? We are in 'Straya after all.
Some other suggestions (your mileage kilometre-age may vary):

GTPlanet Dundees ("that's not a V8 - this is a V8!")

GTPlanet Crikey!

GTPlanet Jackie Lambies

GTPlanet Lamb Roast

GTPlanet Larrikins

GTPlanet Shirtfronters

GTPlanet Thunderboxes

GTPlanet Bloody Colonials

GTPlanet Another Thing We're Better At Than England

GTPlanet Blue Heelers

And for some actual suggestions:

GTPlanet Bushrangers

True Blue GTP