Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,226 comments
There isn't a big custom 1/64 scene in Germany as far as I know.. or Europe for that matter. Maybe Spain has something.

Mexico, US and Southeast Asia are the biggest from what I've been exposed to.
Ok thank you. Right now you have crushed my hope and dreams. Now I have to move to America. ;)

Where in Mexiko is the CDM?
I'm travel to Mexiko beginning of april. Maybe I can visit the next convention.
Unfortunately I could not find an comparable event in germany. Maybe you guys know an event in germany?

CDM is for Custom Diecast México (see my sig), a blog I do along with a friend. About a year and a half ago we started holding our own custom contests every two months or so, in Mexico Citiy.

Where/what are you visiting in Mexico? If you're coming to Mexico City maybe you could visit the next convention, whis is 27, 28 and 29th april. We may have a special custom exhibition if we can work out some stuff with the organizers.

How did i do? :dopey:
pixlr_20180220190458425.jpg

So... Idk why but the decal on my Skyline Kenmeri just got easily removed by my fingers. So i just decided to stripped all the decals out and detailed the bumpers. It was not easy because there are some bits where the decal just took the paint out with it when i tried removing them, it looks ugly if you look real close.

I hate myself.

IMG_20180225_175032.jpg

So... Idk why but the decal on my Skyline Kenmeri just got easily removed by my fingers. So i just decided to stripped all the decals out and detailed the bumpers. It was not easy because there are some bits where the decal just took the paint out with it when i tried removing them, it looks ugly if you look real close.

I hate myself.

Classic 00's-onward HW. Do not touch the chrome on the wheels or that will go away too. and take good care of the glass, if you touch it too much it WILL go dull.

Just dont touch them at all.

View attachment 717670

I detailed that car when it came out. Literally looks identical to mine ( well almost, mines a bit cleaner, the portion below the lights is orange, ince I'm super anal about getting everything perfect)
Yeah, i want to clean it out and make it like yours. What did you use to make them so clean? Small marker tip? Mines too big.

Yeah, i want to clean it out and make it like yours. What did you use to make them so clean? Small marker tip? Mines too big.
If I recal I used a Paint pen for the chrome . Gumpla pen for the black . Painted the lights with a brush ( or toothpick ) The rear was gumpla pen + paint pen on both the lights and bumper .

For large black spots / areas I seriously recommend you invest in a BIC tuxedo black permanent marker . It comes out black with ZERO smear marks and ZERO oil shimmer like every other marker.
To protect stock tampos / windows/ seal paint I suggest investing in Future floor shine ( now known as pledge floor wax ) Dip it on Cotton swap and " paint " the desired areas. The Liquid is self leveling and will dry perfectly . It will protect your work + base paint . Getting sharp edges is all s mater of practice and trickery . Some surfaces work well with one form of painting and others don't. If you want a straight line on a bumper don't use s brush , use a marker/ toothpick and glide it sideways . Raised tail lights / bulbs are best painted with paint markers . Large headlights are best painted with paint and detailed with a gunplapen .

If only i could find these two again.
20180302_010345-1.jpg

I like to leave one in the package and detail/modify another. This leaves a before & after.

I was unimpressed until he took the top off, holy **** !
Complete blower and belt activation, mind blown.

If only i could find these two again.
View attachment 718499

I like to leave one in the package and detail/modify another. This leaves a before & after.
Ebay?

This is what i like about my country, i can still find Euro Style through various online markets.

Also, these are on the way :D
Screenshot_2018-03-02-14-56-18-557.jpeg

CDM is for Custom Diecast México (see my sig), a blog I do along with a friend. About a year and a half ago we started holding our own custom contests every two months or so, in Mexico Citiy.

Where/what are you visiting in Mexico? If you're coming to Mexico City maybe you could visit the next convention, whis is 27, 28 and 29th april. We may have a special custom exhibition if we can work out some stuff with the organizers.

Cano, I'm going to yucatan on vacation end of march beginning of April. we will visit some Temple and stuff like that and enjoy the good weather and food. Unfortunatly I'm not in Mexico City to the right time.
If possible you can Share some pics with each other from the next contest.

Cano, I'm going to yucatan on vacation end of march beginning of April. we will visit some Temple and stuff like that and enjoy the good weather and food. Unfortunatly I'm not in Mexico City to the right time.
If possible you can Share some pics with each other from the next contest.
You'll enjoy the place and most definitely the food of the region. Food is absolutely freaking awesome over there. And yes, you'll have pics 👍

Back