How about a new round of guess that car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 3,730 comments
  • 126,514 views
Auburn or Cord?
 
Europe? (this bracket is to stop the damn 10 letter law)
 
mr_pushrod
A bit more east and a bit more south......
The universal code for Italy is "Southern European" not "across and down from France". :)

It looks like a late 40s Isotta Fraschini but I don't remember there being a drophead like that, just an ugly saloon.
 
Correct with Italy which means there are lots of coachbuilders.......
 
Does this mean I'm wrong with Isotta-Fraschini?

So I guess it isn't the IF 8C Monterosa with body by Boneschi
 
This publicity still isn't dated at all
 

Attachments

  • foiledagain.jpg
    foiledagain.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 26
Hmm, wonder what that couple is sneaking off to do, lol. Would it be a Sunbeam Rapier Fastback?
 
mr_pushrod
Hmm, wonder what that couple is sneaking off to do, lol. Would it be a Sunbeam Rapier Fastback?
I wonder too. Perhaps the Rapier's racy styling but gutless performance is what gets their motors running.

Pushrod's turn.
 
DAMN IT!~ I was going to say Isotta Fraschini 8C Monterosa but my computer wasnt connecting yesterday >_
the front gave that away.
 
Bad luck Innotech! Here's a weird sportscar for you all, should be right up Innotech's street ;)
 

Attachments

  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 20
With a face that ugly, you'd be hard pushed to forget it, lol. 911 Carrera is up again.
 
I suspect Pushrod may have stumbled across this one already.
 

Attachments

  • callmebill.jpg
    callmebill.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 30
Errr, I'm guessing it's American and RWD but thats all I can make of it. You've got me stumped!
 
Hmm, thats a surprise! Could it be English? I'd certainly say it's from the 70's anyway.
 
I had been looking for a picture of this car to post for weeks and then stumbled across it on a site with one of Pushrod's recent challenges.

It is British and from the 70s.

The proportions give-away the source of the oily bits underneath.
:)
 
Looking at the screen and length of bonnet, i would hazard a guess to say this is based on an E Type or Jag XJ.
 
mr_pushrod
Looking at the screen and length of bonnet, i would hazard a guess to say this is based on an E Type or Jag XJ.
The former. It lurks almost intact under those panels.

Designed by a designer.:)
 
mr_pushrod
An english designer? Vivienne Westwood?
No.:grumpy:

A car designer. A famous British car designer. A famous British car designer who has designed many cars with wedge styling.

I think that might narrow it down.
 
Back