How come there aren't any D1GP Courses on GT5?

What do you think?

• Yes I agree; Gran Turismo needs dedicated D1 courses.

Votes: 97 91.5%
  • I disagree; there are plenty of courses + course maker.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other. (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
United States
Maryland
StuntDrifter
Hi.

I already searched the forum and I know this has been stirred up debates throughout drifting threads but has not had any clarity (or as far as the search allowed me to find) as to why 'The Real Driving Simulator', who is an avid supporter of the D1 Grand Prix drifting series, doesn't have any dedicated courses for the sport?

I see they have implemented a decent amount of rally racing with a few rally courses. How is it that they implemented drifting but no drifting courses?

Courses such as Tsukuba Circuit, Suzuka circuit, and Fuji Speedway do not count as 'dedicated' courses because traditionally they were built for racing.
I know that you can simply drift on any course throughout the game which is cool. However, I think for those of us who are avid drifters and would like some variety to the courses we drive on, would greatly appreciate a few dedicated courses (it doesn't have to be many).

Some courses like the famous Ebisu circuit, Autopolis, and Odaiba would be an excellent addition to the game! I would have no issues paying $$ for a downloadable pack that included even just these (or any) courses and possibly a few D1 spec cars? The cars thing may be too much to ask, but nevertheless, I think I can vouch for a bunch of us that just having the courses would be amazing! and if this sparked enough interest, maybe they can add a few D1SL courses like Bihoku, Meihan sportsland, YZ Circuit, Sekia Hills, etc. :sly:

Thoughts on this? Let's keep this discussion as professional as possible too guys..we never know who is watching :).

All I can say is I totally agree with you. A bit more support for the drifting enthusiasts like the tracks you mentioned and some cars that the people REALLY WANT!
I am serious: Who the hell wants to have a Toyota Prius racing car? Just a premium Supra MK4 would make so many more people so much more happy...

Some well known drift tracks and maybe here and there a few more premium JDMs and european mid class cars from the 80's and 90's, especially BMW 5 and 3 series

All I can say is I totally agree with you. A bit more support for the drifting enthusiasts like the tracks you mentioned and some cars that the people REALLY WANT!
I am serious: Who the hell wants to have a Toyota Prius racing car? Just a premium Supra MK4 would make so many more people so much more happy...

Some well known drift tracks and maybe here and there a few more premium JDMs and european mid class cars from the 80's and 90's, especially BMW 5 and 3 series

I concur. As much as I favor the idea more on having more options regarding aerokits and ability to adjust rim/tire dimensions to premium and standard cars, I would be thoroughly pleased to have my drift cars on drift tracks! :D

13-Jan-11-rFactorCentral-6878_EbisuD1.jpg

Ebisu Circuit South course minami

Odaiba2008D1GP_Map.jpg

Odaiba course map

1024px-Autopolis.svg

Autopolis FULL course map. Notice the D1 section is turns 19 and 18 in reverse.

Gran Turismo! Polyphony Digital! Your supporters are asking for your help. Please allow our dreams become a reality!

1024px-Autopolis.svg

Autopolis FULL course map. Notice the D1 section is turns 19 and 18 in reverse.

Gran Turismo! Polyphony Digital! Your supporters are asking for your help. Please allow our dreams become a reality!

Dat track :drool:

I used to play on her in NFS Pro Street PS2 👍

It's all about numbers. The number of racers to drifters ratio is skewed. The "suits" and "penny counters" don't see enough volume sales to concentrate resources to make these tracks unless they know for a fact that the every day racer will buy them in a DLC. I am all for more drift tracks but the numbers don't add up...

It's all about numbers. The number of racers to drifters ratio is skewed. The "suits" and "penny counters" don't see enough volume sales to concentrate resources to make these tracks unless they know for a fact that the every day racer will buy them in a DLC. I am all for more drift tracks but the numbers don't add up...

They added a track for go-Karters..

Sportsland SUGO would be truly a great addition to Gran Turismo. It would include the go-cart course, the SUGO Circuit itself and a SUGO off-road circuit for e.g. rallycross. D1GP drifting events were actually held in here, so it's relevant.

Sportsland_SUGO.jpg

Wikipedia

My only problem with that is the fact that Gran Turismo is like the main sponsor for D1GP. I downloaded some of the D1GP clips on GTTV and all the D1 cars have 'Gran Turismo' at the top, GT banners all over the place, and they open the events 'Gran Turismo D1 series round xx'

So as a customer, I would think they are fully aware of the number for supporters in the series, as they are one of the biggest supporters of the sport in Japan. Now does that constitute for the rest of the racing series throughout the world which attract millions? Absolutely not. However, the interest is spreading like wildfire and more frequent than not are you seeing "D1" series in countries all around the world. New Zealand, Europe, Canada, the United States, Asia.** So the numbers really shouldn't be an issue.

Just my opinion. :)

**I am aware that Europe is not a country, neither is Asia, but rather I was just listing examples of places.

Last edited:
This would all be amazing, but as Bond stated, "The numbers don't add up...".
So it would be an investment instead of instant profit as which they normally have with racers.
I truly believe they should invest, because yes, drifting is spreading like wildfire.

Imagine IF they added a few of these tracks and cars, they would ignite a wave of new drifters from all areas of GT, who have now been given an incentive to try it for themselves.

You add a drift track doesnt mean you cannot race on it right? We drift on race tracks so why not race on drift tracks? I think even the racers would love new tracks

Personally the tracks we use for drifting in D1GP, D1SL, MSC, BDC, etc, etc, are all either able to race or drift on. So it's not like no-one would be left out. On some tracks you have long straights which would suit the drag racers, and the whole tracks suit both drifters and racers.

Personally I'd love to see Knockhill, or Donington added.

BDC use Knockhill & Donington as drift tracks. I've even been to the events IRL.

Knockhill. (Start at Duffus Dip to Brabham)

knock.g

Donington: (BDC use the car park, on the top left)

donington1937a.jpg

I've always missed Silverstone in GT.

More UK tracks in general would be awesome to be honest.

If only the ps3 was like a computer we could just mod the hell out of this and make anything we please..oh well a man can dream :)

Stavingo
It's called rFactor.

Some mods:

.... Lol I'm actually downloading that now lol I've known about it for a while and just finally took the plunge inital d is the first thing I'm doing lol

The drifting community has been growing since GT3 and never been bigger than now. I'm actually amazed that they yet haven't included some of the well-known D1 courses, or a proper touge track. It wouldn't be an issue if the track editor actually would've been useful and functional.

I'd more than gladly pay for them and would raise my interest in GT5 substantially.

Last edited:
Back