How did you hear about GT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter opendriver
  • 38 comments
  • 1,455 views

How did you hear about GT

  • One of my friends told me about it

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I have been playing it from GT1

    Votes: 45 70.3%
  • I got the game by mistake

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I cant remember, it been way to long

    Votes: 6 9.4%

  • Total voters
    64
Messages
3,704
Did you hear it from a friend?
Have you been following the series from the first GT?
Did this game come to you in your sleep and you just started playing it?
Or has it been to long to remember?
 
My brother gave me GT1 and a PS1 as a gift. The disk was very of worn and had problems, but I could still play it!
 
Sorry about that folks. opendriver made a double thread post and I moved the wrong one... Normal service resumes here...
 
My girlfirend (now wife) introduced me to GT1 - I think she has regretted it ever since.
 
Learned it from my friend, starting with GT3. He was really good at the game, and was showing off his replays, and beats me badly everytime I play. One day, I bought GT3 as a 'Greatest Hits' title, and secretly practiced. Next time I played him, I owned him. Then addicted to it ever since. Purchased GT4 on the first day, and DFP in advance. I played probably like 2 minutes of GT4 on the DS2 and all of GT3 with the DS2. :lol:
 
Famine
Sorry about that folks. opendriver made a double thread post and I moved the wrong one... Normal service resumes here...
Out of my 700+ post's, this is my first pole. Sory!:)
 
I got it because I love racing games and had enough of Need for Speed. So technically I bought it because I heard it was great, and thats not on the list . ..
 
Back in 98 I saw GT and I avoided it for a while thinking it would be boring stock cars on a wide nearly empty track.

Then I played a demo of it at Best Buy and discovered the Race cars and thought I'd give it ago. I only played Arcade mode for the longest time. Then Sim mode got me hooked for life. Car tuning rules.
 
Been hooked to the series since the first one...got gt4 last year in april for $60 canadian + taxes of course
 
Been playing it since GT1. Read about GT1 in a magazine.
 
After playing GT3 at a neighbor's house, I decided to get a copy myself.

The rest is history :)
 
wasn't a huge fan of GT, until GT2, but I guess i was older and more interested in cars and video games overall. hooked since then though!
 
I just got GT3 for the hell of it. Then i liked it, let someone borrow it, and it got stolen. So after that, i wanted GT4.
 
I played a demo of GT1 and hated it...though I was impressed by the graphics. I only got into it after playing GT2 at a friends house. He didn't have a PS2 so I went out and got GT3 right away.
 
Saw GT1 at a friends house when we were bored one day, so we put it in and i've been addicted ever since.

I still remember waiting for GT2 to come out, how pathetic is that! :lol:
 
I heard it was the best racing game created. So I was a good boy for 6 months and finally, after much work, got it for Christmas. Then I drove an FCRX7 and since I had this special controller, I pressed the 'turbo' button except it made me go slower. Once I figured this out, I PWNed the competition. A few years later I was a good boy again and got GT2. Now if Im a good boy Ill get a PsP and NFSMW 510, then if I can, Midnite Club 3, NFS Rivals, Burnout Legends, and of course GT Mobile. And any other good games that come out.
 
Rogue Ssv
I heard it was the best racing game created. So I was a good boy for 6 months and finally, after much work, got it for Christmas. Then I drove an FCRX7 and since I had this special controller, I pressed the 'turbo' button except it made me go slower. Once I figured this out, I PWNed the competition. A few years later I was a good boy again and got GT2. Now if Im a good boy Ill get a PsP and NFSMW 510, then if I can, Midnite Club 3, NFS Rivals, Burnout Legends, and of course GT Mobile. And any other good games that come out.
Well not to promote ebay or anything, but im selling my PSP, it has one racing game,NFS:MW, the other one is GTA
 
opendriver19a
Well not to promote ebay or anything, but im selling my PSP, it has one racing game,NFS:MW, the other one is GTA

item number?
 
'

The PSX that i got coz i had the cash one day came w/ a demo disc that had a GT1 demo of the Clubman 5 w/ the Race Clad Sube & another w/ a ZR-1.
After working to Beat it on Hard before the 90sec(i think) timeout i just had to add the full Disc to my growing collection of titles.
 
opendriver19a
Well not to promote ebay or anything, but im selling my PSP, it has one racing game,NFS:MW, the other one is GTA
Ya but itll probably go into the $300s and Im poor. Anyway my mom cant do eBay and I dunno my dads account.
[hopeful]If you somehow decide to give it away free, ship it to deleted by moderator[/hopeful]

Don't give out your address on the web.
 
GT3 got me hooked on the franchise at the beginning.
 
I voted for "friend told me about it" and "playing it since GT1", which are both true. It was one of those, "life changing" moments. ;) My friend told me about this racing game that had over hundred cars or something like that. We got the first Gran Turismo as soon as it was out. Actually, we did that for the second one as well.

SRV2LOW4ME
I still remember waiting for GT2 to come out, how pathetic is that! :lol:
Not as pathetic as waiting for GT4 to come out. Now, that was pathetic. :ouch:
 
Well, I went to a store and checked through the second-hand pile. Then, I found a game called "Gran Turismo". Not knowing what it was, I googled it and after seeing what it was about, I promptly went back to the store and bought the copy.

And that's when everything began...

Funny thing is, when this was happening, Gran Turismo 3 was already released.
 
I heard about GT when we were trading in our old PS1, replacing it with a PS2 and a game. The owner of the store recommended Gran Turismo 3. I didn't know a thing about the game and decided to give it a shot. I never stopped playing it in the end, well worth the buy.
 
:confused: Can't even really remember how i heard about gt but it's the reason i own a ps 1&2. I was a student and all i knew was i had to have gt and i have got every one since:cheers:
 
GT1 was the second game I got for my ps1 after Formula one, I cant remember where I heard of it though. Unfortunately my ps1 and gt1 &2 got pinched, though the insurance money helped me get a PS2 and GT3
 
A buddy of mine bought GT back in '98, and we all played the Arcade Mode 2-lap races together. I tried the Sim mode, wasn't too impressed (Read: I wasn't good at it) with it.

He bought me GT2 as a gift back in 2000, and my wife and I were hooked on the Arcade Mode (I think the Arcade rally track at Tahiti Road clinched it for me). I called him up one day: "I like the game...but there's only 4 tracks!"

"Did you put the Simulation mode disc in?"

"No."

I was wary of it, having hated in in GT1, but was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was to come in 6th about 20 times in a row using that Fiat 500R...the rest is history.
 
I saw GT3 in the rental store and decided to check it out. I liked it and bought it. After a few months I got thru almost the entire game when something happened that changed my perspective of GT3.
I was on Gameshark.com and saw something that said "If you havent driven the Lamborghini in GT3 then you havent played GT3" Something like that. That link let me to a site called "GTH" that no longer exists. That site taught me how to make hybrids. I ended up playing GT3 for a year straight just making different hybrids. :)👍
 
My uncle gave me GT1 for my birthday, and as soon as I got it, I was hooked. Nobody else had it near me, so I've just been playing by myself ever since. Kinda boring now that its GT4, and still I can't get online and take on some new meat. :-/
 
I got it when my upstairs-neighbor guy showed me his PS2 and his cars in GT3. Ever since, I've always played GT. Got GT4 a few months after its release, for $60 CDN + tax like Ermac said. Yeah it was expensive, but its worth it.
 
Back