How did you hear about GT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter opendriver
  • 38 comments
  • 1,455 views

How did you hear about GT

  • One of my friends told me about it

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I have been playing it from GT1

    Votes: 45 70.3%
  • I got the game by mistake

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I cant remember, it been way to long

    Votes: 6 9.4%

  • Total voters
    64
Read it in about a magazine, GT1 that is, so 2001 my mom bought me GT2 :)
 
if i recall correctly i got the game with the console. I had never heard of the GT series, the PS2 came bundled with it. I never really liked car racing games till i got GT3...that was years ago now. I actually bought a PS2 to play Silent Hill 2 and they chucked in GT3 almost free.
 
What happened with me was I got it as a treat for doing well in school, something like that.
 
Ever since from GT1 I had a passion for Radio Controlled Cars (PS: I drive a Yokomo just for the record), and like most of you I've seen GT1 over my friend's house (actually the GT logo got my attention for some unkown reason) and got addicted to GT and GT2.

I haven't played GT3 yet, since I preferred to let the console prices go down and buy a console+gt4+DFP bundle heh :) With GT4 I felt the tuning spirit so it became much more addicted.
 
TurboSmoke
if i recall correctly i got the game with the console. I had never heard of the GT series, the PS2 came bundled with it. I never really liked car racing games till i got GT3...that was years ago now. I actually bought a PS2 to play Silent Hill 2 and they chucked in GT3 almost free.

Silent Hill 2 <3

As for GT, my dad borrowed GT1 from a friend soon after its release. What can I say, I still have it :sly: I couldn't afford a ps2 for ages though, and when I did get one I intentionally missed out on GT3 and waited for 4, playing 2 for giggles in the meantime :)
 
I first saw GT over at a mates house, had a go in a Civic type R and thought it was great...

Had never been one for games consoles, but after some persuasion I took the plunge and bought a Playstation + GT

GT2 was natural progression, gt3 introduced me to the PS2 and gt4 has been keeping me up at night ever since it came out.

With the excpetion of a few days on Enthusia and GTA my psTWO is now simply a means of getting gt4 from disc to screen:tup:

So yes been with it from the start!

David
 
Been hooked from GT1. My brother sent me a PS1 w/ the game from Okinawa before it was out here in the states. He's been my favorite brother ever since. I still pop GT1 in, when I'm feeling sentimental.

When GT2 came out...wow. What a difference! GT3 was kind of a let down after I got over the graphics, until MK came along. Then it was really on.

GT4 is great, but I still feel an emptyness without my hybrids.
 
DEMO DISC.

it worked. I played on high speed ring wiht the NSX and Corvette. I was hooked.
 
Back