How do you intend to play GT5? (HDTV-SDTV/PC monitor/wheel/controller)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 1,038 comments
Will be playing in my iRacing rig:
IMG_8464.jpg

IMG_8469.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

Wheel: G27
cockpit: Playseat, forza 3 edition
TV: Sony bravia kdl w series, 46 inch, 1080p and 120 hz.
Sound: Sony STR DH800 receiver with 5.1(will get 7.1 when i get more speakers)
PSeye for headtracking.

Can't wait.

46" Sony KDL-EX701 1080p, G27 wheel on a WheelStandPro, sounds blasting through Denon 1802 amp & Mission loudspeakers. Sitting on a comfy leather couch while driving.

It ought to be good.

I will be playing it with my logitch g25 mounted on my game racer elite :d. On an 23 inch full hd samsung display, made my own setting so the tv is straight for my steering wheel. Normal the tv will be to far away, how closer the better the experience!

This is how i will be playing:
3 PS3's
Logitech G27 steering wheel and pedals
Logitech 5.1 surround sound system
3x 3D 120Hz monitors
Visionracer VR3 gaming seat with triple screen mount

visionracer.jpg

you guys have some seriously wicked set ups!!!!!!!

I'll be on a 65inch 1080p 3D panasonic plasma with the Logitech G27/wheelstand pro (need to be able to pack it up and hide it away) and 5.1 full surround with 2 subs...
the TV is so big i think i need to play it from the other room!!! it's gonna be epic

47" 1080P LED tv, G27, seibon kevlar bucket seat, home made cockpit, eye cam for head tracking, 5.1 sony es reciver large JBL speakers or stereo bluetooth for the overnighters

Being a newb with wheels I got my DFGT yesterday.
I think a decent choise to start with.

I was thinking to get a wheelstand .
But after trying my workmate last night I made my choise...I go for my workmate as wheelstand!
The size is great, and the workmate is very stable.
(Ok I agree it doesnt look to good...but who cares:) )

So I am ready to go for it with my new DFGT, Sharp 40 inch LED TV
and Canton/Marantz hifiset.

img0555ff.jpg

this + a G25... dont have a playseat... yet. gonna move in a couple of months so cba to get that now. :)
tv (40 inch highend samsung LCD. couple of years old though) is behind the canvas, incase theres extreme lighting (i do have lightblocking blinds but they dont really block everything (theres bit comming through in the sides)

Last edited:
This is how i will be playing:
3 PS3's
Logitech G27 steering wheel and pedals
Logitech 5.1 surround sound system
3x 3D 120Hz monitors
Visionracer VR3 gaming seat with triple screen mount

visionracer.jpg
Now that's what I need..

img0555ff.jpg

this + a G25... dont have a playseat... yet. gonna move in a couple of months so cba to get that now. :)
tv is behind the canvas, incase theres extreme lighting (i do have lightblocking blinds but they dont really block everything (theres bit comming through in the sides)
That BIG *** screen your flipping nuts LOL..

For the time being, with a Dualshock.
My only doubt right now is about the button config.
What do you guys think it's better?

Gas/Break in X/Square or R2/L2??
Gears in R2/L2, X/Square or Up/Down on the Right analog stick?

23" Full HD 120hz monitor. It supports 3D... HOWEVER... it has no hdmi 1.4 so can't support PS3 3D. Lame I know.
Driving Force Pro wheel
Logitech 2.1 Z-2300 Speaker System.

Also have a 26" 720p TV which I'll use for lying in bed playing with controller for those nights I can't be bothered with the wheel.

Hopefully can play with this....waiting on confirmation of multi screen support

5027952384_d22a2b3c81_z.jpg

(3) NEC 23" LCD 1080P
Playseat EVO
Buttkicker Pro
XBOX/KLIPSCH 5.1

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest and say you have proper dedication and pure fanatics in GT. I've played all the GT games and I own a few myself. You guys have the best driving Sim rigs ever. All I have to start me off is my 22'' LG Full HD + PS3 and the signature edition GT5. Next purchase in the new year will be a Driving force GT wheel to start me off as I'll be a beginner. Then I'll purchase a playseat or Obutto in the future

For the time being, with a Dualshock.
My only doubt right now is about the button config.
What do you guys think it's better?

Gas/Break in X/Square or R2/L2??
Gears in R2/L2, X/Square or Up/Down on the Right analog stick?

Gas = R2
Brake = L2
Shift down = Square
Shift up = X

And I'm playing right here where I'm sitting right now. Although the wheel is removed, my feet are currently touching those pedals, lol.

BLCK062.jpg

Gas = R2
Brake = L2
Shift down = Square
Shift up = X

And I'm playing right here where I'm sitting right now. Although the wheel is removed, my feet are currently touching those pedals, lol.

BLCK062.jpg

that looks sleek

however, aint it annoying having both pc and ps3 on same monitor ect? and "thanks" to your shelf you cant upgrade to a bigger screen without removing the shelves next to your monitor

(tiny screen for playstation though, imo?)

That's a 23" monitor. It's not tiny at all. I'm not sitting 3 meters back, I'm less than 1m away from it. I can bring it a touch closer if I want it a bit bigger, and I can fit about a 25" or 26" monitor before the shelf has to go, which wouldn't be a big deal, it just holds the speaker up there, and some non-important random things. But this is big enough for me. :)

And PS3 and PC on same monitor isn't too bad, just a button on the monitor, and I'm switching back and forth. Not like I have to unplug the cables or anything. I guess I can't read the forum and race at the same time, but if I'm playing on the PS3, I don't plan on using the computer. I do have another 22" Samsung monitor I could use for the PC if I wanted to, but I don't want 2 monitors on the desk here...

Back