How do you intend to play GT5? (HDTV-SDTV/PC monitor/wheel/controller)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 1,038 comments
Sorry if that has been brought up already. How much would I have to spend to get a decent wheel and a set of pedals? Sorta on a budget but really want one

Gas = R2
Brake = L2
Shift down = Square
Shift up = X

That's how I used to play, right now I'm playing
Gas=R2
Brake=L2
Shift down=Right analog stick Up
Shift up=Right analog stick Down

It's a bit better overall, but when you have to reduce quickly to avoid spinning, for an example, it can be a bit faulty.

Hey new here, im initially gonna play on a 37" tv with a dualshock hopefully will pick up a steering wheel afterwards hopefully(any suggestions other then g27 which is out of my price range! want to spend no more then 100 really unless its not much more), have the old GT 3 steering wheel which i'm pretty sure wont cut it these days especially as the pedals are broken!

My vote goes to "With a steering wheel on an HDTV.".

I am getting a G27 just for GT5, and playing on my Panasonic Plasma TV (42").

Been thinking about getting surround sound for the game too, but I dunno. Might not care.

Hey new here, im initially gonna play on a 37" tv with a dualshock hopefully will pick up a steering wheel afterwards hopefully(any suggestions other then g27 which is out of my price range! want to spend no more then 100 really unless its not much more), have the old GT 3 steering wheel which i'm pretty sure wont cut it these days especially as the pedals are broken!

get the "official" driving force GT from logitech.

though its slightly more costly than what you can afford, save up for it.

its really either driving force GT, G27 or a used G25...

i have a G25 and its very very nice. havnt tried the others though

I'm set now, just got a Sony Eye from Game Stop, got a new Logitech Driving Force GT the other day ( Love IT ), 32 inch HD LCD TV and 5.1 Surround Sound. Going to install the Eye now. I'm not sure if any one have noticed this but in the main menu of GT5 we've seen the blank avatar icon top left. Now if you have the eye you can get a snap shot of your self and have it has your avatar. You can do the same in Paradise City.

23 inch computer monitor 1080p 4ms.
sound through monitor's speakers :'(
Gamepad :'(

Hmm.. to fix the sound issue, buy a good pair of optical cable headphones. Sounds will improve greatly.
That monitor is not too bad.

24inch LG 1080p Monitor
Sound through Technics 500w 5.1 AV Receiver (oldish) Amp using optical in...
4x Mission 792se's 1x Mission 79c and a big ass powered Ms-10 Sub :D

Lockable reclining desk chair.. Desk... Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel

TIME!

Im looking into getting a G25 purely for the add of clutch ive heard the pedal feel is also alot nicer anyone confirm?!! Or have done the same as im thinking of doing and gone from Logitech DFP to a G25 is it worth it?

Also thinking about making a racing seat setup out of wood and a Racing Seat from the sports car breakers in town! Anyone done this sort of thing before :D please point me in that direction hehe. Not long to wait now folks.

A 6-axis controller on a 20-inch Acer X203H monitor. It doesn't have an HDMI port but it can still get 720p using HDMI-to-DVI cable. The reason I have my PS3 set up like this is because I am usually low income and can't afford a bigger HDTV at the moment - I work with what I got.

For sound, I have a pair of Creative speakers w/ subwoofer.

Well, my answer has changed since last time i posted in this thread.

Now im gonna be playing it with a DFGT wheel, on the Wheel Stand Pro, and on a HD 1080P TV. With my Bose Companion 5 around me :)

Last time i posted i was gonna use the DS3............hopefully my setup will allow for a better experience. Damn well better had anyway as it cost me enough. :lol:

Things you do for GT huh??.

AA

Last edited:
Same as my 20" Acer where I got no sound, but I got news for you. My speakers have a 1/8" male connector for incoming sound. Meanwhile on my PS3, I have outgoing sounds from AV Multi Out (RCA/yellow/white/red).

I can take the white and the red male connectors from the PS3 and attach it to my 1/8" connector to get sound. However, I had to get an audio Y-adapter along with a coupler to do so. This allowed me to get around the limits of my 20" monitor and ultilize both the HDMI and A/V ports on the back of my PS3. And believe me when I tell you this will guaranteed work like a charm! You'll want to bookmark this post if you need to know at least one thing you can do if you don't have sound. This is advice on a silver platter here, don't let it slip!

The monitor is HDMI in but not there is no Sound out.. :(

Last edited:
24inch LG 1080p Monitor
Sound through Technics 500w 5.1 AV Receiver (oldish) Amp using optical in...
4x Mission 792se's 1x Mission 79c and a big ass powered Ms-10 Sub :D

Lockable reclining desk chair.. Desk... Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel

TIME!

Im looking into getting a G25 purely for the add of clutch ive heard the pedal feel is also alot nicer anyone confirm?!! Or have done the same as im thinking of doing and gone from Logitech DFP to a G25 is it worth it?

Also thinking about making a racing seat setup out of wood and a Racing Seat from the sports car breakers in town! Anyone done this sort of thing before :D please point me in that direction hehe. Not long to wait now folks.

I'll be using a 32" Panasonic 720p LCD TV, Cambridge Audio 5.1 surround and a Logitech Driving Force wheel mounted to my racing seat setup I knocked up one weekend out of wood/mdf I had in the garage. The seat is 'borrowed' from my '79 Triumph Spitfire (which incidently will be the first car I try out when my copy of GT5 arrives!)

PS. that's my son in the picture, not me!!
gt5setup.jpg

50 inch VT20 in 3D, playseat evolution with G25, onkyo powered surround sound and earthquake 10b buttkicker. And a large grin :)

I'll be playing with a DualShock3 on my 27" iMac. Unfortunately the iMac doesn't accept 1080p input for some reason (even though the screen itself is 1440, wtf), but 720p will still look pretty nice.

My setup, nothing too special (more aimed at PC gaming) but it certainly gets the job done :D
I usually have PS3 on TV, PC on monitor. The monitor can do 3D (but not for PS3 :( 1080p though), and the TV is 720p. When on GT5 I'll have the PC being displayed on the TV :)
IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

You may notice that bar going through the middle of the desk near my pedals... fortuanatly they don't get in the way, or I would not be happy >:(

With my G25 and a HD tv in the Games room my wife has let me have :embarrassed:)

Just waiting for my PS3 Sound Bar to come from my m8 who has gone to America

Back