How Does Gran Turismo Sport Play on PlayStation 5 Hardware?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Quite a few games do already have 120Hz support, including Dirt 5:
    • Borderlands 3
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
    • Destiny 2
    • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
    • DIRT 5
    • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    • The Nioh Collection
    • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

splitwindow, Gtsport28 and sirjim73 like this.
  2. mynameis66

mynameis66

If they run at 120fps dont they drop the resolution down to 1080p on the ps5?Im sure i read an article somewhere about it but cant remember where i saw it.I know only some of the top of the range tvs support 120hz at 4k,but plenty of gaming monitors support 120hz.Im sure somebody in the know can put me right if ive misunderstood it.

3. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

No, they run at 4K/120.

But yes, there are only a few TVs on the market which support that resolution right now. HDMI 2.1 support is also required. The PS5 is a bit ahead of the rest of the market right now.

T_revisio likes this.
  4. Kalder

Kalder

I really hope they update the game for PS5 and fix some of the draw distances of shadows and stuff.

5. Haitauer

Haitauer

Speaking of this. Can anyone confirm if PS5 has adaptive refresh rate (ARR/VRR) aka "freesync" on TVs without hdmi 2.1? I have currently 2019 Samsung qled, and it has ARR with xbox one s/x but no hdmi 2.1. If PS5 requires 2.1 for VRR im better off with xbox series s.. :cheers::lol:

Samsung propably wont give us hdmi 2.1 update, even if its possible. They are even worse than Apple when it comes to supporting "old" models.

Edit: staring at my livingroom wall made me realize I have not one but two of these 2019 qleds. 55q65r and 65q82r.. :indiff::lol:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  6. Kalder

Kalder

I heard it does have VRR but it won't work at launch, it'll be in a later update, don't know when.

Haitauer likes this.
  7. fvolpim

fvolpim

To Whom It May Concern: T500 is working on GT Sport no PS5!! :cheers:

YES IT DOES WORK on PS5 on GTSport! :tup:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2020
    Nigrick, sirjim73 and Jordan like this.
  8. schumi26

schumi26

Yes thank you, i had my ps5 this morning, i plug my t500 after install GTS and , it's work!!!! i am happy !!!!

Landy1264 likes this.
  9. yas

yas

Is it me or the Dualsence feels strange? Driving wise it is spot on, I'd say I can be a bit more precise compared to DS4, however haptic feedback seems to be only on the left side. The pad is OK with other games, so it must be up to a software/compatibility issue.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    FPV MIC likes this.
  10. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

My vibration is mainly on the left as well.

yas likes this.
  11. silvvero

silvvero

12. eran0004

eran0004

13. Doomotron

Doomotron

14. silvvero

silvvero

Then it's really shame they didn't do anything for GT: Sport PS5 :<
    I wonder if they will also turn off GT:S servers when GT7 comes around (like they did with GT5 and GT6)

15. mikeymr

mikeymr

Has anyone checked how many hours they've racked up using the new tracking feature on PS5. Not sure if it's a bug but both me and my dad have 281hrs recorded...

16. O.Z

O.Z

I haven't played this since 2018, just installing it again on my PS5 as I'm typing this.

Doomotron and ASH32 like this.
  17. ZiggyS80

ZiggyS80

Last night I ran some daily races for the first time since getting the PS5. Something else I noticed with the faster load times is my predefined messages post first in the chat. Something to keep in mind if you think if you want people to see your witty greetings.

Jordan likes this.