How Does Gran Turismo Sport Play on PlayStation 5 Hardware?

I think Kaz has mentioned a few times now that achieving 120fps on the ps5 is more of a priority than even thinking about 8k resolution so I'd be very surprised if 120fps makes an appearance before GT7 lands.
Quite a few games do already have 120Hz support, including Dirt 5:
  • Borderlands 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • Destiny 2
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
  • DIRT 5
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  • The Nioh Collection
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

If they run at 120fps dont they drop the resolution down to 1080p on the ps5?Im sure i read an article somewhere about it but cant remember where i saw it.I know only some of the top of the range tvs support 120hz at 4k,but plenty of gaming monitors support 120hz.Im sure somebody in the know can put me right if ive misunderstood it.

If they run at 120fps dont they drop the resolution down to 1080p on the ps5?Im sure i read an article somewhere about it but cant remember where i saw it.I know only some of the top of the range tvs support 120hz at 4k,but plenty of gaming monitors support 120hz.Im sure somebody in the know can put me right if ive misunderstood it.
No, they run at 4K/120.

But yes, there are only a few TVs on the market which support that resolution right now. HDMI 2.1 support is also required. The PS5 is a bit ahead of the rest of the market right now.

No, they run at 4K/120.

But yes, there are only a few TVs on the market which support that resolution right now. HDMI 2.1 support is also required. The PS5 is a bit ahead of the rest of the market right now.

Speaking of this. Can anyone confirm if PS5 has adaptive refresh rate (ARR/VRR) aka "freesync" on TVs without hdmi 2.1? I have currently 2019 Samsung qled, and it has ARR with xbox one s/x but no hdmi 2.1. If PS5 requires 2.1 for VRR im better off with xbox series s.. :cheers::lol:

Samsung propably wont give us hdmi 2.1 update, even if its possible. They are even worse than Apple when it comes to supporting "old" models.

Edit: staring at my livingroom wall made me realize I have not one but two of these 2019 qleds. 55q65r and 65q82r.. :indiff::lol:

Last edited:
Speaking of this. Can anyone confirm if PS5 has adaptive refresh rate (ARR/VRR) aka "freesync" on TVs without hdmi 2.1? I have currently 2019 Samsung qled, and it has ARR with xbox one s/x but no hdmi 2.1. If PS5 requires 2.1 for VRR im better off with xbox series s.. :cheers::lol:

Samsung propably wont give us hdmi 2.1 update, even if its possible. They are even worse than Apple when it comes to supporting "old" models.

Edit: staring at my livingroom wall made me realize I have not one but two of these 2019 qleds. 55q65r and 65q82r.. :indiff::lol:
I heard it does have VRR but it won't work at launch, it'll be in a later update, don't know when.

Is it me or the Dualsence feels strange? Driving wise it is spot on, I'd say I can be a bit more precise compared to DS4, however haptic feedback seems to be only on the left side. The pad is OK with other games, so it must be up to a software/compatibility issue.

Last edited:
yas
Is it me or the Dualsence feels strange? Driving wise it is spot on, I'd say I can be a bit more precise compared to DS4, however haptic feedback seems to be only on the left side. The pad is OK with other games, so it must be up to a software/compatibility issue.
My vibration is mainly on the left as well.

Then it's really shame they didn't do anything for GT: Sport PS5 :<
I wonder if they will also turn off GT:S servers when GT7 comes around (like they did with GT5 and GT6)

Has anyone checked how many hours they've racked up using the new tracking feature on PS5. Not sure if it's a bug but both me and my dad have 281hrs recorded...

Last night I ran some daily races for the first time since getting the PS5. Something else I noticed with the faster load times is my predefined messages post first in the chat. Something to keep in mind if you think if you want people to see your witty greetings.

Hey guys I am looking for some feedback,

I know when you play on ps4 pro in 1800p mode the replays are 30fps, has any one checked the replays on the ps5 if they run at 60fps???

also During the world final event live stream there were some new replay Angles and some Graphics that look really good, could it be a update will be coming soon for ps5 to keep us playing till gt7 ???

Last edited:
God of War's Enhanced Performance Experience offers the following;
  • Syncs to 60 FPS
  • 4K Checkerboard Resolution
  • 2160p

do you think GT sport will follow I would love to see a 2160p and 120fps mode come till we have GT7

I remember see 50-60fps on replay on ps4 pro

I would like to see on the ps5 now to see how it is

Yes, i was referring to quality mode as @FoRiZon said. The video you linked in your post did listed the modes correctly. On PS5 (and PS4 Pro):
Prioritize Quality Mode: Dynamic 4K resolution (checker boarded 1800p up scaled to 4K), 60 fps gameplay with motion blur and 30fps replays; Prioritize Frame Rate: Native 1080p resolution, 60fps gameplay with no motion blur and 60fps replays.

So you only get 60FPS replays on PS5 when you select Prioritize Frame Rate at the cost of resolution which in this mode is 1080p (the same as PS4 Pro).

What we all were hoping was a patch to at least play the game in Quality Mode (see specs above) with both gameplay and replays at 60FPS. Since they recently launched a patch for God of War to run at 60FPS, I'm still hopeful they do the same for Gran Turismo Sport and unlock the replays in Quality Mode.

Last edited:
GT Sport would certainly be improved by a PS5 update, but it certainly isn't the game that needs it the most. I'm looking at you, Train Sim World 2.

Found a cool video but is in Japanese tho

and I also found something else on YouTube

If you look at the comment of the video a user called Viking Brute

Its dynamic scaling so its reaching 3840x2160p at 60fps unlike the ps4 pro version..which was only hitting 1800p most of the time.

and Another user by the name says
Mark LeeMaoShengHiNoon

@Viking Brute you are right, the scaling is much higher on PS5

Any feed back if this is true, in his video it look really good and I play on a ps4 pro on a Sony 4k hdr tv and it dose not look like that. So the extra power of the ps5 is marking the game run better or is it just an Illusion ????

Last edited:
hello TEST to 4K confirmed

twitter to #PS5Share gran turismo sport to image 4K (3840x2160) and 1080p (1920x1080)

PS4 = 1080p (x1) Native (#PS4Share)
PS4 pro = 1080p and 1800p to 4K (#PS4Share)

PS5 = 1080p (x2) to 4K and 1800p to 4K (#PS5Share)

upload_2021-3-10_12-17-46.png

So guys it about 2 weeks I have my ps5, after have some Issues to get my g25 wheel to work on the ps5,
I Finally got it to work and try GT sport on ps5, coming from ps4 pro, I must say the game run so much better in the 1800p mode, there is no more FPS drop at all and Everything smooth. the only sad part is that the replay still play at 30fps when you are in full 4k , so I went down to 1080p and try the Prioritize frame rate mode “60fps replay” and all I can say is wow, it look Amzing and not one drop in FPS. Also I find the the rain effects littel better on ps5 and there is Definitely an update on the hdr when running on the ps5.

so Please polyphony digital give use a ps5 patch just until we get GT7 next year

Last edited:
Back