How Gran Turismo 7 Benefits from PlayStation 5: Fast Loading, Better Audio, and More

“Driving the car using the DualSense controller, you’ll have a different feeling in your hands from the smooth undulating tarmac of a racetrack, compared to the gritty sensation on a gravel track.

Will be interesting to feel what they're basically implying to be force feedback on a controller.

I'm not skeptical, just... intrigued.

Will be interesting to feel what they're basically implying to be force feedback on a controller.

I'm not skeptical, just... intrigued.

...it will have a lot of it to do with braking, so you will have a feeling as if L2 trigger is opposing you, and for example when ABS kicks in, you will have impulse push feeling similar to what brake pedal in car is doing when ABS is activated... So presumably it will be similar feeling on any of the buttons, sticks... Well, maybe not buttons, but sticks and triggers for sure...

Also in FPS games (where implemented), when pulling trigger of gun, you will have feeling as if gamepad trigger is opposing you, and once gun shoots, it will release tension... or something similar...

"Sitting in the cockpit, the 3D audio allows you to hear the thunderous roar of a Ferrari behind you or in front of you, and you can recognize the difference between that and the engine noise of a Maserati.”

Oh well. Never heard thunderous engine noise in Gran Turismo and judging from the trailer this wont change. 3D Audio can only do so much... but im still looking forward to this title. For different reasons.

The 3D audio will be standard for all first party titles. The accuracy of the sound must be the priority for PD in GT7. The sound in Assetto Corsa Competizione is incredible. For race cars PD should be aiming for that noisy mechanical magic that Kunos have managed to capture.

On the controller. Will get get modulation back on the buttons? As you know in the real world we modulate the force applied to the throttle and the brake pedals, this is not possible in GT Sport.

Unless I’m completely misreading the signals. It seems so obvious GT7 is planned, if not for PS5 launch day itself, then launch window. There’s also been a small hint from a PD staff member on social media this is the target.

The 3D sound makes me wonder if I'll need their new headset to experience it...or if it'll work on any one somehow.
It’s the console & software doing the work. So 3D audio will work will all standard headphones. They said it will take more work getting the feature up and running with TV speakers.

"Sitting in the cockpit, the 3D audio allows you to hear the thunderous roar of a Ferrari behind you or in front of you, and you can recognize the difference between that and the engine noise of a Maserati.”

Oh well. Never heard thunderous engine noise in Gran Turismo and judging from the trailer this wont change. 3D Audio can only do so much... but im still looking forward to this title. For different reasons.

The antiquated AC doesn't have any problem with "thunderous engine noise", so it's a bit hard to see how the addition of "3d sound" is what will make the difference. Surely, it just what the game developer takes the trouble to record that counts?

Guys, I've played GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 with a controller. I bought a wheel while playing GT5 Prologue. I never played a Gran Turismo with a controller again. If you think you can manage to save for a wheel to play GT Sport or GT7, please :bowdown: do yourself a favour and buy a racing wheel !

Guys, I've played GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 with a controller. I bought a wheel while playing GT5 Prologue. I never played a Gran Turismo with a controller again. If you think you can manage to save for a wheel to play GT Sport or GT7, please :bowdown: do yourself a favour and buy a racing wheel !
Driving with the DS4's motion sensor in GT Sport actually felt better than with a wheel. I could make sharper turns and quick adjustments more easily...

Makes me wonder why all racing games don't do that.

Back