How Gran Turismo 7 Benefits from PlayStation 5: Fast Loading, Better Audio, and More

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 16, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

GT Sport, Aero2000, dimassa19 and 4 others like this.
  2. Corsa

Corsa Premium

3D audio? Very immersive look forward to hearing that.

Hopefully 11/20/2020.

ynot, GT Sport, GregDrou and 4 others like this.
  3. juanffy18

juanffy18

Basically the Ferrari and Maserati cars what are already in GT Sport and maybe 2 or 3 more models, why not the MC12 this time

YRS2703, GregDrou, BugattiVGT and 8 others like this.
  4. Nismonath5

Nismonath5

Will be interesting to feel what they're basically implying to be force feedback on a controller.

I'm not skeptical, just... intrigued.

PlasticBleach, YRS2703, RSB and 4 others like this.
  5. rex1825

rex1825

...it will have a lot of it to do with braking, so you will have a feeling as if L2 trigger is opposing you, and for example when ABS kicks in, you will have impulse push feeling similar to what brake pedal in car is doing when ABS is activated... So presumably it will be similar feeling on any of the buttons, sticks... Well, maybe not buttons, but sticks and triggers for sure...

Also in FPS games (where implemented), when pulling trigger of gun, you will have feeling as if gamepad trigger is opposing you, and once gun shoots, it will release tension... or something similar...

6. Danilo Prado

Danilo Prado

GT Sport should have all new Ferraris.

Ferrari released 5 new models just in the last year, none of them are in GT Sport unfortunately.
    Ferrari Roma, that looks like a new design of F430, is an amazing car, I hope they add it to the new game.

7. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

The 3D sound makes me wonder if I'll need their new headset to experience it...or if it'll work on any one somehow.

Aero2000 likes this.
  8. Azerach

Azerach

Hopefully the dual sense stuff makes threshold braking a thing in Gran Turismo.

9. ss3

ss3

I neeeed Pikes Peak. I might go watch it this year. I only live an hour from it haha, Edit: no spectators this year... lol

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    nickf1gr, DaigoD, GregDrou and 2 others like this.
  10. o000o

o000o

With the fast loading times, so the game can be made as immersive as GT5, like for example, actual car animations for GT Auto, without its slow loading times?

11. andrea

andrea

Good news. GT is at its best when the menus and load times are immediate.

sirjim73, RSB, GregDrou and 3 others like this.
  12. Overnight

Overnight

But follow style GT4, previous license stay big of tests.

TheEvstar93 likes this.
  13. o000o

o000o

Many amount or the difficulty? GT4 has awfully many of them with 16 tests per level.

14. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

"Sitting in the cockpit, the 3D audio allows you to hear the thunderous roar of a Ferrari behind you or in front of you, and you can recognize the difference between that and the engine noise of a Maserati.”

Oh well. Never heard thunderous engine noise in Gran Turismo and judging from the trailer this wont change. 3D Audio can only do so much... but im still looking forward to this title. For different reasons.

Biggles and mef like this.
  15. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

Front engined Ferrari confirmed?:D

16. ccar795

ccar795

Even from the first trailer I saw the load times are much improved.

17. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The 3D audio will be standard for all first party titles. The accuracy of the sound must be the priority for PD in GT7. The sound in Assetto Corsa Competizione is incredible. For race cars PD should be aiming for that noisy mechanical magic that Kunos have managed to capture.

SDSPOWER01, 05XR8 and JEverettL like this.
  18. rideontwo

rideontwo

On the controller. Will get get modulation back on the buttons? As you know in the real world we modulate the force applied to the throttle and the brake pedals, this is not possible in GT Sport.

19. AlanH49

AlanH49

Unless I’m completely misreading the signals. It seems so obvious GT7 is planned, if not for PS5 launch day itself, then launch window. There’s also been a small hint from a PD staff member on social media this is the target.

It’s the console & software doing the work. So 3D audio will work will all standard headphones. They said it will take more work getting the feature up and running with TV speakers.

20. beyond72

beyond72

Hope the AI benefits from PlayStation 5.

21. GBalao888

GBalao888

Also Arcade Mode, where they should let you have all the cars in the game there.

22. Biggles

Biggles

The antiquated AC doesn't have any problem with "thunderous engine noise", so it's a bit hard to see how the addition of "3d sound" is what will make the difference. Surely, it just what the game developer takes the trouble to record that counts?

mef and HarVee like this.
  23. ElieTheStig

ElieTheStig

Guys, I've played GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 with a controller. I bought a wheel while playing GT5 Prologue. I never played a Gran Turismo with a controller again. If you think you can manage to save for a wheel to play GT Sport or GT7, please :bowdown: do yourself a favour and buy a racing wheel !

klondike likes this.
  24. TJC_69

TJC_69

Glad to see we now have a GT7 forum up! The future is looking good for Gran Turismo! Hope to see and race all you guys there :cheers:

JEverettL likes this.
  25. Ramzacom

Ramzacom

Do we already know if ps4 wheels as G29 will be compatible ??

GregDrou likes this.
  26. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Driving with the DS4's motion sensor in GT Sport actually felt better than with a wheel. I could make sharper turns and quick adjustments more easily...

Makes me wonder why all racing games don't do that.

27. BugattiVGT

BugattiVGT

It would be great to see the MC12 especially alongside the 911 GT1 Straßenversion and the Enzo.

28. juanffy18

juanffy18

And the CLK-GTR :bowdown:

29. GBalao888

GBalao888

We have the 2009 Murcielago LP 640, but I want to see the 2005 version as well.

Anyhow, GT7 is definitely looking to be a playground for the senses.

Aero2000 and BugattiVGT like this.
  30. AlanH49

AlanH49

This would be cool and all. But I hope we get the race versions too.

We will be getting race upgrades. But these aren’t usually as comprehensive as a full race model.

Aero2000 and BugattiVGT like this.