How Important is Weather and Time of Day to you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vaioleto
  • 136 comments
  • 9,420 views

How important is Weather change and Time of Day change to you?

  • Very Important

    Votes: 153 49.4%
  • Important

    Votes: 97 31.3%
  • Either way

    Votes: 37 11.9%
  • Not Important

    Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Completely inconsequential

    Votes: 6 1.9%

  • Total voters
    310
Messages
461
I think weather and time of day go hand in hand. I also think that they're much more important than damage in terms of improving the driving experience. I've always loved driving in the rain, it's very exciting when a rain storm suddenly starts up and the world changes. In terms of racing, it changes how you'd have to drive to complete a course and would, I think, add a lot more sensations to racing in GT.

Weather and ToD would make GT the perfect game to me. In the latest interview with IGN (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120838), when asked about weather and time of day (and head tracking), Kaz says that they could put it in if they wanted to. I'd rather they tone down the damage if that will leave enough room to implement these things. I think we should all be more assertive in expressing our need for these two features.

What do you think?
 
Last edited:
I too think they're more important than damage. I really hope they're in GT5... it'd be one thing GT5 would have over Forza 3.
 
Given the choice I dont really use night or I disable weather and race mostly daylight and dry. Not that I dont mind the option but damage is more important to me.
 
Its a must if they are planning on having any 24 hour races.
 
Man, I want it SO bad. Even more than a livery editor, and that's really saying something for me.
 
Insert supercar name here:__________ + The Ring + rain + at night >^(999999 power) livery editor or anything else for that matter.
 
well Kaz compared the time they imlplemented the damage with the adding of weather...2 months to implement damage? ..hmmm idk
 
I´d love to have variable weather, especially in the longer races. That would include weather forecast and strategy regarding to pitstops/use of tyres.

But I somehow doubt that we´ll get different weather in GT5, but one can hope :)
 
They will no doubt have night tracks, (SSR11, etc) but hard to say it they will implement day to night cycles. Weather doesn't mean anything to me at all.
 
Changing time of day for Endurance races = VERY IMPORTANT

Changing weather = not important at all
 
Part of the reason SSR are so amazing to me. It's important not very important but night races and especially with rain would add so much to the experience ;)
 
Very important !

I'm fed up with driving on sunny tracks ,give me some wet and give me some dark !

That's the main reason why I consider PGR4 as one of the best racing game !
 
Time of Day change is not very important but weather changes are important.
 
I would have them delay GT5 again to implement the weather effects....grrrrrrrrr
 
More important than damage...as I rarely crash, I'll see the effects of weather and time of day much, much, MUCH more often.
 
Personally I do not care about the time of the day as it only has its effect in the look and not in the gameplay or physics. I think that the inclusion of rain is a really nice addition that will expand the gameplay if it includes rain tires and modifies the racing.

I voted Important BTW
 
It's about as important as my taint.
 
Very important !

I'm fed up with driving on sunny tracks ,give me some wet and give me some dark !

That's the main reason why I consider PGR4 as one of the best racing game !
Yeah, PGR really nailed the atmosphere of racing in different weathers, even though it's not exactly a sim, it's still a really fun racer.
 
I would have them delay GT5 again to implement the weather effects....grrrrrrrrr

If we assume it's for that particular reason then, I'm all for the delay.
 
Part of the reason SSR are so amazing to me. It's important not very important but night races and especially with rain would add so much to the experience ;)

imagine SSR 11 in day light. That would be epic! And first ever in GT :lol:
 
on a scale of 1 - 100
day- nite 82
weather 19

b
 
I think they are important but in the current view of things, less important than getting other things like damage fixed up right first. Basically they need to not go on adding things until they can get the basics right.

I think something that will probably be a factor in almost every race like damage should be nailed before adding things that effect some races (like weather). Get the core right, then apply that core to new and exciting areas, not spread yourself out getting lots of features half a**ed.
 
Damage is nothing in comparison to this. If GT was to include day and night cycles or dynamic weather it would, without a doubt be the best racing game ever made.
 
If we have a option to turn off headlights then I can see so many people pulling a Initial D and trying to recreate it.
 
Real time changes of time and or weather make the game more lifelike - it helps simulating a believable - therefor these dynamic effects add ot the realism of this simulation. Imo a musthave in this generation.
 
real-time weather change is not that important to me but it would be nice to have pre-set weather conditions...

time of day is also nice to have for some eye candy :)
 
I would like to see it added. IMO, weather/time of day and damage should be a feature that can be turned on or off by the user themselves. It should be a setting or an option. Just like in NCAA you can choose the time of day and the weather conditions or choose to use real time weather conditions.
 
I would most certainly take proper damage before weather/night/day.
 
Completely unnecessary for me. I'd turn it off if it is there and possible to do so. I hate driving at night/rain/snow in real life. This is a game and only clear blue skies for me, thankyouverymuch.

If GT5 only had GT5P with more tracks and more cars, I'd happily buy it and not give it another thought.

Sam
 
Back