How many cars should GT6 have?

• Thread starter Conza
  • 631 comments
Also, I forgot to mention. They need a livery editor and proper aero kits as well. The current selection is weak, some cars don't have any available at all.

Bit of an irrelevant question, as how many cars PD will have finished modelling by the time GT6 releases will be how many cars there are.

At the current rate, 400-500 premiums is the realistic amount to expect. Although they have to address the terrible bias they have towards Japanese cars and balance it out with more US/EU and AU cars.

Also, they have to sort out the shocking customisation/aftermarket options on all the cars, as personally, I would rather have more options on the cars we have now, rather than adding more cars with the same horrifically limited and crippled cust. and parts options.

^And yeah, a livery editor is an absolute must. It's beyond a joke that they didn't include one in GT5.

There simply can't be 'standard' cars in two games on the PS3, certainly not on a PS4. It was ridiculous that they were in GT5, PD will be a laughing stock if they do the same in the next game.

I hope they can import all the premium cars like they did the standards to make time for new premiums, and also maybe more race mod cars

A good section of 500 - 650 cars (Should include cars from Forza 4 such as James Bond's 1960's car and a good number of new cars). Ten Skylines/GTR's that look different from each other, No duplicate's of cars that look the same, less Japanese cars that look useless but the same number of American/European cars that Forza 4 has.

If possible, over 100 tracks (Both old ones from GT4 and some new ones). A train load of events (Would Rally Championship and Ferrari F1 events)

Same GT5 engine, but with all cars premium, damage modeling much like Driver San Francisco's and engines sounds that are as good as Forza 4's engine sounds.

As many Premium cars as possible, realistically (as if I would know...) I'd guess roughly 450-500 including 'duplicates', meaning cars that don't require to be completely modelled from scratch.
This selection would need to be varied, including a lot of categories now only available as Standard, and would need to be sufficiently representing those categories to make most Standard cars obsolete and return the whole concept of Standard cars to where it belongs, that GT4 disk gathering dust somewhere in my house.

I don't understand those who say GT6 doesn't need anymore (Premium) cars, just tracks, guess that's the difference between those who only see the cars as racing material (and strictly only need a certain amount) and those like me who appreciate a big varied roster of meticulously detailed cars for reasons beyond a purely competitive purpose.

4000 plus .They should include steam rollers , ice cream vans , buses, road sweepers , tractors and gritters !!! Sorry for taking the piss but it might give pd an excuse for wasting another 6 years or so ! seriously they should scrap all the stupid little cars and put all the race breeds in covering all the bases f1 ,supergt, dtm ,alms etc etc .

nowadays standard cars simply don't count, and it's debatable that 70 different models should be considered as 70 and not as at most 10. That's how many GT-Rs and skylines are in GT5, counting every unnecessary variation.

with that said and considering the amount of cars and tracks other games will have, if GT6 comes in late 2014 I'd buy the game and the console only if all standards get converted to premium.

I'd be happy with 600 premium cars and no standard cars. All the premium cars from GT5 should be there of course and the rest should be a mixture of standard to premium upgrades and new additions.

I'd be happy with somewhere between 500 and 600 premium cars. There should be a balance between Eastern and Western brands and also some race cars thrown into the mix.

I wouldn't mind any less than 500 cars, if ALL are premium, and follow a more balanced list.

Right now, we have 3 premium classic VW's, 7 premium kei cars, yet just 1 premium Aston Martin, just 3 premium LMPs'/Group Cs'.

This lack of balance in the list is what's needed to be fixed IMO. I do not want to see any of the existing cars gone (except for the variations where the cars have identical specifications). This game would be nothing without the slower, common cars, but it needs more super/hyper sports cars to justify the current amount of slow/common cars we currently have!

Not to mention, no generic engine sounds. Cars should sound like they do in real life. However, I won't hold my breath on this, PD has released a so-called photostream, while there are many cars which still sound like vacuum cleaners. They just need more proper samples for the sound, the structure is all there. A V12 should sound like a V12, nothing else.

This. Variety is the key, just look at Forza and see how much variety they have.
You really think other developers will take them seriously if for two consecutive games the majority of their assets in a PS3 game are PS2 assets re-used?
I honestly don't think that other developers take them seriously as they are now. Knowing PD they'll probably 🤬 something up for GT6.

i would like as many premiums as possible, and better quality standard
that being said, if i had it my way, id like ALL the cars to be premium, but that would push the release date back for GT6 a little too far (but who knows)
the current 200 is a little ridiculous, seeing as i only drive a small portion of them, some of the premiums right now are not worth/fun to drive - just pain boring cars

over all however, which ever happens with GT6, im more concerned with gameplay, overall graphics, and more options

Instead of having two Suzuki Swifts that are (as far as any normal human can see) completely identical, I'd prefer some of the older Aston Martins like the 1999 V8 Vantage to be made into premiums, or other classics like the Lotus Carlton and Buick GNX.

The Carlton caused a bit of a fuss back in its day 'cause it was able to outrun police cars. And the GNX is cool because it was more of a muscle car and not your typical Buick: a sofa-on-wheels for upper-middle class geezers.

Last edited:
So being THE Playstation brand since the PS1 is not gonna be taken seriously from other developers?

Lol what?

I don't think PD is worried about popularity when they got history to back then
up.

Now as for cars, I don't think standards are gonna be included in GT6. Whatever standards they make into premiums will make the cut.

I think 500-700 is the ballpark figure.

Replace about 20 GT-R's
10 RX7's
Some NSX, Impreza & Evo's
Turn the rest of standard cars to Premium and still have around 1000 cars.
Add let's say between 75 & 100 new premiums

So being THE Playstation brand since the PS1 is not gonna be taken seriously from other developers?
Would it be OK if any other developer ported 80% of something in the game from the last gen console? No. So why does PD get let off the hook?

Instead of having two Suzuki Swifts that are (as far as any normal human can see) completely identical, I'd prefer some of the older Aston Martins like the 1999 V8 Vantage to be made into premiums, or other classics like the Lotus Carlton and Buick GNX.

The Carlton caused a bit of a fuss back in its day 'cause it was able to outrun police cars. And the GNX is cool because it was more of a muscle car and not your typical Buick: a sofa-on-wheels for upper-middle class geezers.

Indeed. There is absolutely no difference between the two except...

...wait for it...

Turn signals on the side mirrors. And the cost. I didn't even know about the first one until someone pointed it out. What's the point seriously?

I started collecting as many cars as I possibly can - I just cannot believe the amount of variations of the Japanese models...just looking at the NSX:

Acura
NSX ’91
NSX RM ’91
NSX ’04
NSX Coupe ’97

Honda
ARTA NSX (JGTC) ’00
ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) ’06
Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) ’00
EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) ’08
LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) ’01
Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) ’01
NSX ’90
NSX ’93
NSX ’95
NSX ’97
NSX ’99
NSX ’01
NSX Type R ’92
NSX Type R ’02
NSX Type S ’97
NSX Type S ’99
NSX Type S ’01
NSX Type S Zero ’97
NSX Type S Zero ’99
NSX-R Concept ’01
NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
RAYBRIG NSX (JGTC) ’00
RAYBRIG NSX (SUPER GT) ’06
TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) ’03
TAKATA DOME NSX (SUPER GT) ’06

30!!! I understand it is nice to have all the JGTC cars etc but really do we need all of these other ones from each year?

I hope PD see sense and just give us a sensible selection of each model in GT6.

Back