How many cars should GT6 have?

• Thread starter Conza
  • 631 comments
I definitely think they would hire more people to develop new cars at a faster rate. To be acceptable, I'd say 600+ premiums is what GT6 needs. It would be really nice if they could get all the standards updated to premium (skipping the multiples if it takes more time, but it might just be as simple as copying the body over and changing a few specs) and also most of the new cars should be non-Japanese. Maybe 1/4 of them to keep up with new models, but it NEEDS to be less biased. There are so many American cars that need to be added (Vega, Monza, cavalier, G8, Probe GT turbo...), because we have a great history of cars other then muscle cars and pick-ups.

Then if they want to throw in some standards, I'm completely fine with that. All the double models that would take too much time to convert to premium can stay in the used car dealership.

Soo its really great chance that gt6 will have less cars than GT5?

Depends on your outlook, it'll certainly include more cars I'll actually use if they double the Premium selection.
I doubt they can manage the same amount of cars included in GT4 so if they finally remove the Standard cars you obviously have less cars left yet far more quality cars (as in how they're modelled obviously) and a more consistent quality overall.

And let's be honest here, there aren't really a 1000 completely unique cars included now anyway so if they manage around 500 'unique' Premium cars representing a wide range of categories, I guess nobody needs to feel shortchanged as nothing much will have changed regarding variety apart from all cars having the same features like cockpit view (not a black silhouette), etc.
Ofcourse if you don't care about Standard/Premium you might lose a few cars you like but that happened in previous GT-games as well.

They can't carry previous gen bagage forever I suppose but then again I didn't really understand (or more accurately, liked) the inclusion of Standard cars anyway.

Last edited:
Depends on your outlook, it'll certainly include more cars I'll actually use if they double the Premium selection.
I doubt they can manage the same amount of cars included in GT4 so if they finally remove the Standard cars you obviously have less cars left yet far more quality cars (as in how they're modelled obviously) and a more consistent quality overall.

And let's be honest here, there aren't really a 1000 completely unique cars included now anyway so if they manage around 500 'unique' Premium cars representing a wide range of categories, I guess nobody needs to feel shortchanged as nothing much will have changed apart from all cars having the same features like cockpit view (not a black silhouette), etc.
Ofcourse if you don't care about Standard/Premium you might lose a few cars you like but that happened in previous GT-games as well.

They can't carry previous gen bagage forever I suppose but then again I didn't really understand (or more accurately, liked) the inclusion of Standard cars anyway.

This. Let's be honest now, at least one third of all the cars in GT5 are unnecessary duplicates. For example, you can have a standard Silvia S15 and then you can have a premium one which is almost no different. You also have duplicated Skylines, Duplicated RX-7's and the list goes on and on :indiff: .

All this to obtain a figure of 1000+ cars in GT5 to make it look good in the game market when the only difference between the duplicates can be as small as what side the steering wheel is on (which won't really help me because I use the bumper camera for driving). Re-branded cars too. You have a Toyota SOARER (my favourite drift car) and then you have a Lexus LS 200 (or something like that) when the only difference is the badge on the car :banghead: . Not going to gain us any more bhp or songs if you ask me.

Would be interesting to see the same thread about.... tracks.

Actually in GT5 I still have lot of cars to try, but no more "rarely used" tracks. Asphalt is consumed.

Actually in GT5 I still have lot of cars to try, but no more "rarely used" tracks. Asphalt is consumed.

IMO I think that there is a huge lack of tracks in GT5... Each and everyone has gotten boring after a while now.

Yes but that's a separate issue, I'll agree I was surprised some GT4 tracks didn't reappear whilst others did, if quality wasn't the main factor (just look at Trial Mountain or Laguna Seca) I wonder what was?

Yet, I have to say with the Course Creator I can always drive on new tracks offline (online too but there's the unfamiliarity factor which limits its competitive use) and you can create lovely stuff using it, even though the same scenery gets increasingly boring now.

450+ Premiums are a MUST in GT6.

I don't mind if GT6 has the same premium cars (even with the same quality, since the GT5 premium cars have a LOT of quality), wich are like 220. But I don't want standart cars in the upcoming GT6.
90% of the standarts standarts are not even used and most of them are duplicates.

They should make a lot more variety in there. More than 100 cars of the 1000 in Gran Turismo 5 are Nissans ... 70+ of them are Skylines...
They should add POPULAR AND LEGENDARY Brands like Porsche, Bugatti, Koeningsegg.
More hyper and super cars ...
Quality > Quantity.
DAMAGE MODELING SHOULD BE REALISTIC, like if you crash the car badly, the car SHOULD broke and you therefore lose the race, and therefore this allows for a much more realistic driving and less cheating.

Some standart cars in GT5 are really close to Premium ones but ... Their quality are not the same. Chaparral 2J is quite close to Real Life, the sound and cockpit are identical but the quality overall is not even close to that of a Premium car.

I don't get one thing also. Why add two Suzuki's swift PREMIUM's that are exactly the same???

Why instead of replacing the already standart Jaguar XJR-9 with the premium one they only added the premium one and let the standart there???

A lot of cars that are legendary and unique and some that are NEW (09 and 10) should be premium:

Eg:

Ford GT40 Race Car
Chaparral 2D and 2J
Most Group C cars like Sauber Mercedes, Minolta Toyota, Nissan R92 and R89
Bugatti Veyron (how is this car not already premium in Gt5 ...)
Some DTM Premimum cars
Jaguar XJ220
Jaguar XFR (a 2010 year car as premium ...)

GT5 is still a great game but it has way to many flaws. 1000 cars? I only consider it 220 (the premium ones) + 30 or 40 unique Standart cars like the Chaparral 2J and some other cars that I already mentioned above.

One other thing I forgot...

Why adding a '89 Isuzu concept that NO ONE EVEN CARS ABOUT??? Why add the Ferrari SP1 that is THE SAME as the F430 but costs 1.5 million instead of the 200k of the F430.
They also wasted to much time on premium cars that no one cares about.

If the next GT game does not have at least ~450 or more premiums I will not buy the game.

And it has some decent tracks missing, SPECIALLY REAL LIFE tracks:
eg: Gt4 had:
Seattle
Infenion Raceway
Twin Ring Montegi ...

The perfect game (GT6) would be:

-At the very least 450+ premiums/0 Standarts, we don't need them. More variety in them as well.
-At the very least 50 completely different tracks (100+ variations of some of those tracks of course)
-Realistic damage.
-Penalties for doing shortcuts in actual races.
-Having the same options as Gt5 and a few more newer ones. Eg: Being able to upload Gt5 videos on youtube directly from the game itself via net of course, wich would be a great feature.
-Ah one more thing: Having the speed test track available from the start instead of making us buying one for 3.99€.
-A lot more races than GT5 in terms of quantity and also quality, like for example having Brand Races like GT4 had, Special Races for dirt and snow like GT4 had as well.
-Being able to sell any car, instead of being able to only sell cars that cost below 500k.
-Being able to give to your friends any car and as many as you want per day.

This would be my driving dream game.

I think PD should get rid of the same cars all over and over again. For example when you have a car which is "93' MR" ,"93' SR", "93' GR"...i mean the differences in that car are going to be insignificant and basically is the same model over and over again. We don´t need that anymore. Those models in that case have differences in the interior or in some body kits, and we can change those things in the tuning section. So having one basic model of each is going to be better.
When it is a different year and if the car looks different like Mitsubishi EVO´s for example...there is no problem at all.

I think having more dealers and each with ,if not all cars, most of them with the basics models. For example Mercedes Benz with all cars as we had in GT4 at that time (new cars and historic) and so on with all dealers.

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing legends is an example for a car dealer. Take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsVuo7wFT5k

It contains all Ferrari´s...imagine that in GT6. (and if this game have Ferrari´s i think Forza is not the owner from Ferrari´s licence anymore as someone said)

I don´t know if the amount of cars is going to be higher than in GT5 following that path but i think it would be better for having variety and at the same time make all people happy.

Yes but that's a separate issue, I'll agree I was surprised some GT4 tracks didn't reappear whilst others did, if quality wasn't the main factor (just look at Trial Mountain or Laguna Seca) I wonder what was? Yet, I have to say with the Course Creator I can always drive on new tracks offline (online too but there's the unfamiliarity factor which limits its competitive use) and you can create lovely stuff using it, even though the same scenery gets increasingly boring now.

Nothing against the editor but to be honest rFactor tracks (good tracks) are more fun than GT5 custom tracks.

GT6 probably wont have as many cars in the game as previous versions. DLC seems to be a better means for gaming manufactures to make more money off us.

I think PD should get rid of the same cars all over and over again. For example when you have a car which is "93' MR" ,"93' SR", "93' GR"...i mean the differences in that car are going to be insignificant and basically is the same model over and over again. We don´t need that anymore. Those models in that case have differences in the interior or in some body kits, and we can change those things in the tuning section. So having one basic model of each is going to be better.
When it is a different year and if the car looks different like Mitsubishi EVO´s for example...there is no problem at all. [...]
And again, I strongly disagree with this. It does not harm to have more of the "same models", if they have relevant mechanical changes.

I wouldn't want to lose my '97 Camaro Z28 just because there's a '97 Camaro SS as well, which looks almost the same except for an air scoop, for example. Different engine (torque/power curves), sound, gear ratios, and also different power class when stock (this is an important factor for online races with stock cars. The more variations with different power levels, the better. No, the power limiter doesn't cut it. It's unrealistic and makes powerbands ugly to drive).

When it is a different year and if the car looks different like Mitsubishi EVO´s for example...there is no problem at all.
Agreed!!!👍

We don't need every version of every car, especially the Skylines.

That's what I'm talking about. 👍

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution I

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

They better have their RMs too with rally and tuner/drifter like. :mischievous:

Edit: Oh yeah one more car to not add RM to it.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400 "It may look the same like the EVO X, but it's appearance and performance are highly different." It's blue. :dopey:

Last edited:
And again, I strongly disagree with this. It does not harm to have more of the "same models", if they have relevant mechanical changes.

I wouldn't want to lose my '97 Camaro Z28 just because there's a '97 Camaro SS as well, which looks almost the same except for an air scoop, for example. Different engine (torque/power curves), sound, gear ratios, and also different power class when stock (this is an important factor for online races with stock cars. The more variations with different power levels, the better. No, the power limiter doesn't cut it. It's unrealistic and makes powerbands ugly to drive).

In that case is almost a different car as normal VS GT cars for example and being from the same year. That´s valid in that case so you wont loose you Camaro SS. :sly:
I was talking about those type of simple and little differences. Don´t worry and now you can say that you are agree with me. 👍

I still have to read valid arguments for having less cars.

The only valid argument I can think of is the full on transition to Premium-only content which I think is the logical next step if they manage to create a substantial selection, which the current Premium line up is missing in many regards and hence the inclusion of previous gen cars as a stopgap solution.
Obviously Premium cars take much longer to develop and thus GT6 will probably have less cars (assuming it'll only contain Premium cars) than for example GT4 (the last full GT-game where all cars were 'equal').
Then we don't have this Premium tag anymore and all cars will have the same features, that to me is worth reducing the overall quantity.

In theory, you can never have too many cars, 'duplicates' (or different cars sharing the same bodyshell) included, heck they don't take any more modelling time yet can offer a different experience (for example more diesel-powered roadcar versions as an alternative for their petrol-engined counterparts) as it often is purely a mechanical thing and why not have more options within a certain selection without the need to spend that much more development time on them (I presume it's just dialling in different numbers in a lot of cases, ofcourse an oversimplification)?

As many as possible without having a single 'standard' car.
This.

I think 600 "premium only" cars would be enough and doable, considering RM applications also. Every NCD with the exception of "tuner garages" should have more than one car (Pagani, Aston)..
For example, I can handle having a '89 mx-5 and '05 mx-5 due to mechanical/style difference, I dont need 20 of them... I will say the same for all the k-cars, one and DONE please.

i'm gtr fan , obviously , but i didn't like that amount of skylines in gt5 and i dont even mind the duplicate thing BUT don't duplicate if you have trouble in develop time like what happened in gt5 , if you don't have time just make a descent amount of cars with descent quality that match the name of the game , lets say 600 cars ( premium as some people wants to call it ) with full details and without any thing wrong .

i mean if you want to put 50 of the same car , its alright but don't begin with the idea of large amount of the same cars only if you know ( pd and kaz ) that you can take care of them like what happened in GT5 3 skylines premium and 325943249 skyline got ps1 details/graphic .

I still have to read valid arguments for having less cars.

The cars all need to be premium, or 'PS3 standard' like every other PS3 game. To do that is going to take a lot of work and I think most people would given the choice take all 1000 cars in premium form. Of course they would. But it's not realistic, so they're going to have to take some cuts and given the straight choice between either updating a 97 Camaro Z28 or a completely different car when they've already updated the '97 Camaro SS I'd take the completely different car any day.

So what I'm saying is by all means re-add all of these minor different models AFTER creating a wide range of premium models.

The most important thing is all of the cars in the game are equal quality, and that quality is PS3 standard.

i'm gtr fan , obviously , but i didn't like that amount of skylines in gt5 and i dont even mind the duplicate thing BUT don't duplicate if you have trouble in develop time like what happened in gt5 , if you don't have time just make a descent amount of cars with descent quality that match the name of the game , lets say 600 cars ( premium as some people wants to call it ) with full details and without any thing wrong .

i mean if you want to put 50 of the same car , its alright but don't begin with the idea of large amount of the same cars only if you know ( pd and kaz ) that you can take care of them like what happened in GT5 3 skylines premium and 325943249 skyline got ps1 details/graphic .

Yes, that is basically what I mean. Start out by making a premium version of each model THEN start making premium versions of the same/similar models. There is nothing wrong with PD adding all of these various versions of the same model but get the completely different models done first.

Last edited:
I would settle for having the same exact car list as GT5's, with the majority being premiums is all, maybe replace some vehicles with the newer models, but that alone would satisfy me.

I'm hoping for at least 100 new premiums if it's coming by 2013. As for standards, why not? Cause they look bad? If I can have the chance to DRIVE more cars, and standard is an option due to time restritions, I"ll take it. One of the few example is the new Jaguar car that you can win from the Top Gear challenge or the Bugatti Veyron. Even though I don't use it much, I'd rather have it, than not have it just because it isn't premium.

..but seriously, they're not that horrible to look at. Don't like it? Don't drive it.

For me, it's not about how bad they look. What bugs me is that standards in GT5 do not get the same treatment as premiums. They can't be used in photo mode. They can't get body kit upgrades because the whole model is one piece. I don't want to see these limitations in GT6. All cars need to be at an equal level.

About standard cars I think they must convert a GSX R/4 and the Catheram bacause they represent a particular type of cars. And the Lancia Stratos too.

Back