How many copies do you believe Gran Turismo 7 will sell?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 38 comments
Imagine thinking that sales numbers matter at all in this day and age when it's been proven, with how most games are online focused, player numbers and retention of player base is infinitely more important to developers, and infinitely more useful in determining how a game is shaping up.

Granted, I imagine that whatever amount of units GT7 sells, it'll be used by some people as a cudgel in the never ending slap fights between GT and other racing game series...further proving the adage that console wars never change.

I read about news this February saying GT Sport is already selling 9.5mil copies, if that's true so despite getting not very good reputation at first, GT Sport has already got to the level close to GT5 on sale numbers
So to this point TBH I'm more optimistic on potential sale of GT7
I didn't follow GTS as closely as I did Gran Turismo 5, but do some of you feel that Sony did a better job at promoting GT5 than they did with Sport?

I can't see this game selling worse than GTSport, unless it's a really really awful game which I highly doubt because PD hasn't released a bad game just extremely disappointing one. I think it's fair to say that it will sell 10+ million copies throughout its lifetime.

Funny how opinions differ and all that. Personally I think PD have released a bad game, a game they called Gran Turismo 6.

OT: Probably at least 7 mil copies. PD have a good track record for selling a good amount of copies per game for this genre. I wish they'd ramp up their advert campaign for GT7 though as that would help boost sales.

Last edited:
Funny how opinions differ and all that. Personally I think PD have released a bad game, a game they called Gran Turismo 6.

OT: Probably at least 7 mil copies. PD have a good track record for selling a good amount of copies per game for this genre. I wish they'd ramp up their advert campaign for GT7 though as that would help boost sales.
Well E3 is coming up soon, so there's no better time than now.

As I and another person said in another topic, don't expect them to ramp up marketing until closer to release. This is how Sony is doing things now, as seen recently with another upcoming game, R&C: Rift Apart.

As I and another person said in another topic, don't expect them to ramp up marketing until closer to release. This is how Sony is doing things now, as seen recently with another upcoming game, R&C: Rift Apart.

Indeed, that was me. You're not going to hear about GT7 this summer when it's not out until 2022. Far too early. Their focus at E3 this year is going to be Horizon, if it's still on target to release later this year.

Back